Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Fixtures for Saturday 26th November

Muddy Patch, to my knowledge I have never said a player was awful or called a team a bunch of idiots, when I do come on here it is usally for harmless banter and if I wanted to hide behind a screen name I would not pick something that anyone who knows me would easily guess it was me. Everyone is entitled to air their views and believe it or not referees are human and all we do is try our best although like players we can all make mistakes. I must say if you have seen me referee 4 times this season I'm a bit worried if I am being stalked !

what frustrates me as a spectator, not just with you, but with a few east cornwall referees, is that you will book a player for "questioning" your decision, yet let bad tackles go. why? its almost at times Al, as if your on a massive power trip, like you get bullied by your wife all week and saturday is your turn to hold the power stick. i think an improvement on your game would be to become a referee that talks to the players on the pitch, explain what you saw briefly, like the tactics used by Martin Smith. Players would become less frustrated with you then. Maybe take some of this "Harmless banter" you supposedly use on here, onto the pitch, lighten up a bit, rather than being this rigid, stone faced, non-approachable disiplinarian. and believe you me my friend, im certainly not stalking you, and im in agreeance with Garf.....stick to your microphone and sticky carpets pal.

Sorry Muddy Patch what i was trying to say was that maybe the reason AL thinks you are stalking him is because he won't let you sing. He does do that to me at times but always has to give in as my fans make it impossible for him to ignore me ha ha ha. Isn't that right Mr Johns?