Division One

Biscovey 1 Polperro 10

Callington Town 2 Holsworthy 3

Edgcumbe 0 Liskeard Athletic 2

Nanpean Rovers 0 Plymstock United 5

Roche 1 Camelford 1

St Stephen 2 Kilkhampton 2

St Teath 4 Millbrook 3

Sticker 3-2 Tavistock, Tavistock really deserved something out of this game. Gave away 2 sloppy goals which killed us. A lot has been said about refs lately so would like to comment on a really good performance from our ref today. Very fair and let the game flow.

Watched Edgecumbe v Liskeard today, scrappy game which looked to be heading for a draw into the last 10 minutes but Liskeard struck from the edge of the box after a poor clearance and then again on the break in the last minute. Both teams really cancelled each other out, physical game where the fair result may have been a draw, but then that's why Liskeard look like potential champions nicking it at the death.

Premier Division : League Table

Torpoint Athletic 15 12 3 0 63 17 +46 39

Sticker 14 11 0 3 59 22 +37 33

Plymouth Parkway 12 10 1 1 55 22 +33 31

Launceston 16 8 3 5 47 34 +13 27

Bude Town 13 8 1 4 34 23 +11 25

Saltash United 14 7 1 6 35 21 +14 22

St Dominick 13 6 3 4 26 24 +2 21

Elburton Villa 12 7 0 5 14 21 -7 21

Tavistock 12 6 2 4 24 19 +5 20

Morwenstow 12 5 2 5 26 24 +2 17

Bere Alston United 13 4 0 9 38 38 +0 12

Wadebridge Town 15 3 2 10 20 41 -21 11

Bodmin Town 12 3 0 9 20 57 -37 9

Probus 9 2 1 6 22 27 -5 7

Lanreath 14 2 1 11 10 49 -39 7

St Stephens Borough 14 0 2 12 15 69 -54 2

thisiscornwall.co.uk Division One : League Table

Liskeard Athletic 13 11 2 0 52 14 +38 35

Polperro 14 10 3 1 60 21 +39 33

Edgcumbe 13 8 0 5 45 27 +18 24

Millbrook 11 7 2 2 38 21 +17 23

St Teath 10 7 0 3 31 15 +16 21

Plymstock United 11 6 1 4 33 18 +15 19

St Blazey 13 6 1 6 36 33 +3 19

Camelford 14 5 3 6 19 33 -14 18

Holsworthy 12 4 1 7 18 35 -17 13

Callington Town 11 4 0 7 29 31 -2 12

Roche 11 3 3 5 15 24 -9 12

St Stephen 13 3 3 7 20 38 -18 12

Kilkhampton 11 3 1 7 14 28 -14 10

Biscovey 13 2 1 10 15 48 -33 7

Nanpean Rovers 14 2 1 11 10 49 -39 7

Sticker 3-2 Tavistock, Tavistock really deserved something out of this game. Gave away 2 sloppy goals which killed us. A lot has been said about refs lately so would like to comment on a really good performance from our ref today. Very fair and let the game flow.

I agree, Sticker were battered for the whole second half but I get the feeling that we could still be there now and we wouldn't have scored.

The sticker goalkeeper made 2-3 amazing saves in the second half but hey goals wins games so credit to Sticker.

Have to say I'm gutted to not have got something from today.

I agree, Sticker were battered for the whole second half but I get the feeling that we could still be there now and we wouldn't have scored.

The sticker goalkeeper made 2-3 amazing saves in the second half but hey goals wins games so credit to Sticker.

Have to admit Sticker played below par to-day! They couldn't get control of the ball and their usual passing game was missing, our keeper did make some incredible saves and our centre half also made some important interceptions. Credit to Tavi as they kept us on the backfoot with some lively play and with even better finishing could have got more from the game!

Parkway 1 - 2 Torpoint. Good game, played by two good footballing teams. Bit of a gut-wrencher with the last minute winner, draw would have been a fair result.

On a more sour note, the ref was out of his depth today. Very poor performance from him. Also, Dean Cardew's celebrations in front of Parkway management and fans was embarrassing and totally unwarranted. Have a word with yourself son!

Have to admit Sticker played below par to-day! They couldn't get control of the ball and their usual passing game was missing, our keeper did make some incredible saves and our centre half also made some important interceptions. Credit to Tavi as they kept us on the backfoot with some lively play and with even better finishing could have got more from the game!

Cracking game to-day, thought we deserved the win but that's football. Fair play to Sticker that's how the league is won.

Watched Edgecumbe v Liskeard today, scrappy game which looked to be heading for a draw into the last 10 minutes but Liskeard struck from the edge of the box after a poor clearance and then again on the break in the last minute. Both teams really cancelled each other out, physical game where the fair result may have been a draw, but then that's why Liskeard look like potential champions nicking it at the death.

Fair comment, tough game today, was almost happy to settle for a point but we stuck at it and got what we deserved in the end. 2 well taken goals by 2 of the busiest lads on the pitch. Nice to be the first team to stop them scoring in the league as well !

MQ

Parkway 1 - 2 Torpoint. Good game, played by two good footballing teams. Bit of a gut-wrencher with the last minute winner, draw would have been a fair result.

On a more sour note, the ref was out of his depth today. Very poor performance from him. Also, Dean Cardew's celebrations in front of Parkway management and fans was embarrassing and totally unwarranted. Have a word with yourself son!

Wot game were you watching Rob? Cant remember the Torpoint keeper making a save! Yeah Parkway were the better team in the 1st half without having a shot on target (apart from worth`s great finish) 2nd half Torpoint bossed it and it was only a matter of time until they got the winner! And what a winner it was :clapper:

We had exactly the same last Friday. Gareth Jones doing the same to the Tavy dugout. Pathetic and un-needed to be honest.

They seem to make a habit out of the winding the opposition up. Slowly I'm beginning to warm to St Dennis!! Ha

We had exactly the same last Friday. Gareth Jones doing the same to the Tavy dugout. Pathetic and un-needed to be honest.

They seem to make a habit out of the winding the opposition up. Slowly I'm beginning to warm to St Dennis!! Ha

When your given as much stick as the lads have been given in the past few weeks from fans and managers you may understand why they do it!!

The tavi management and bench where a disgrace to the league!

And yesterday was good friendly banter after what should of been a definate penalty but the lino gave it outside bet he wishes he never now!

But even after the game every player shock hands and had a beer in the bar!

Parkway are a very good side and a great bunch of lads!

Tavi wont do anything with management team there telling there players to smash or snap the other team awful!

Guest Back of the net

I watched the parkway torpoint game yesterday hoping to see a decent game of football and to be honest if these are the top 2 teams in the league then the ecpl must be a poor standard

Launceston 6 Lanreath 0

to win 6 0 when we had 8 players unavailable through various reasons was very pleasing, we only led 1 0 at half time due to being very wasteful, but full credit to the lanreath keeper who had a great game and kept them in the tie by half time. The 2nd half we played some decent stuff and scored some good goals, fair play to lanreath they never stopped trying and only had jonny collins as there only sub also. highlight of the day was me doning my boots for the 1st time in 3 years for the last 10 minutes, the only thing i managed to due was give away a foul, whilst not touching the ball once lol.........

Launceston goals; charlie barnes 4 ryan crabb 1 reece goodman 1

very tough game in 2 weeks time to vastly improving probus (away)

peths

It wasn't a pen, it was outside the box and then the player fell into the box. I was stood directly in line with it. As with regards to Cardew, he should spend more time concentrating on improving his game rather then completely unnecessary, petulant and embarrassing antics like that. Also what was also frustrating was that it was was a foul on a Parkway player in the build-up and the ref had his whistle to his lips only to change his mind. After booking a Parkway player in the first 10 mins for a late tackle, he then proceeded to not take any action against any of the Torpoint players when they did likewise later :angry2:

The 2nd half was in all fairness not the best game of football you are ever going to see, but neither side really threatened and a draw would have been a fair result, even your manager (who by the way, is not adverse to giving out his fair share of stick!) admitted this in the bar after. But hey-ho im sure both teams will be up there at the end of the season, and like has already been said both teams shared a beer in the bar afterwards which is how it should be :drink:

wadebridge 1 v 2 morwenstow

we morwenstow took the lead just after half time , then a few minutes later wadebridge scored the equalizer ( own goal )

we then took the lead from a corner 15 mins ish from time . wadebridge look like a good passing team who like to play football and will cause alot of teams big problems and almost got a equalizer near the end when a left foot shot was heading for the top corner when the keeper (me) made one of the best saves i have prob made to keep it out . a draw would possibly of been a fair result. not sure what the ref was up to with about 12 mins of extra time but to be fair he was bad for both teams . all the best to wadebridge for the rest of the seson

probus 8 bodmin 1

Great result for probus with a great performance from tom rescorl scoring four goals with some good finishes including a perfect hat trick . bodmins goal was hit really well from outside of the box, against the run of play. louis mullan also got on the score sheet. steven way back in the probus side was a big plus and scoring two goals on his return, even veteran pete davey bagged himself a goal. good to see a cameo appearance from dale tindale. Great banter from the bodmin players, good spirited performance from them good luck for the rest of the season. A 5 star back heel clearance from the bodmin centre back late in the second half!

Who was the ref in this game?

`Big Al Johns` was the man in the middle yesterday and had a decent really.

Al Johns....ive watched him ref four games this season, and in all four he has been absolutely shocking!!! doesnt let the game flow and has a habbit of seeing something different to everybody else in the ground. Also it was disturbing to hear that he regulary comes onto this website commenting on results, players etc. im all for referees having their say etc etc but when your being seen to become "pally" with certain clubs on this website, and slating other clubs and players that you referee on a regular basis, i think this is asking for trouble. East cornwall referees such as martin smith and gary cornish are a credit, but Mr Johns, its time to stop making comments on this forum, and concentrate on providing the service that you are PAID to provide on a saturday afternoon.

When your given as much stick as the lads have been given in the past few weeks from fans and managers you may understand why they do it!!

The tavi management and bench where a disgrace to the league!

And yesterday was good friendly banter after what should of been a definate penalty but the lino gave it outside bet he wishes he never now!

But even after the game every player shock hands and had a beer in the bar!

Parkway are a very good side and a great bunch of lads!

Tavi wont do anything with management team there telling there players to smash or snap the other team awful!

Eh, what are you on? We have got three 16year olds, four 17year olds no point telling them to snap the other team as they couldn't snap a Kit Kat you muppet ha ha ha what a stupid comment. Deary deary me! :huh:

Mr Johns, its time to stop making comments on this forum

Sorry, but he, and any other referee and assistant referee, has as much right to comment on here as anyone! :c:

yes, but not about clubs/players that he referees on a regular basis. If a premiership referee posted on his/her social networking site that he/she thought a player was "awful" or a team were "a bunch of idiots" dont you think there would be outrage. the fact of the matter is, he hid behind a screen name on here, but east cornwall players and officials now know exactly who he is on here and what hes said.

yes, but not about clubs/players that he referees on a regular basis. If a premiership referee posted on his/her social networking site that he/she thought a player was "awful" or a team were "a bunch of idiots" dont you think there would be outrage. the fact of the matter is, he hid behind a screen name on here, but east cornwall players and officials now know exactly who he is on here and what hes said.

Hang on a sec ........... isn't that exactly what players do on here :closedeyes: ? Double standards? I actually wish more referees would come on here and suggest who the top ten whiners are :thumbsup: !

Muddy Patch, to my knowledge I have never said a player was awful or called a team a bunch of idiots, when I do come on here it is usally for harmless banter and if I wanted to hide behind a screen name I would not pick something that anyone who knows me would easily guess it was me. Everyone is entitled to air their views and believe it or not referees are human and all we do is try our best although like players we can all make mistakes. I must say if you have seen me referee 4 times this season I'm a bit worried if I am being stalked !

Muddy Patch, to my knowledge I have never said a player was awful or called a team a bunch of idiots, when I do come on here it is usally for harmless banter and if I wanted to hide behind a screen name I would not pick something that anyone who knows me would easily guess it was me. Everyone is entitled to air their views and believe it or not referees are human and all we do is try our best although like players we can all make mistakes. I must say if you have seen me referee 4 times this season I'm a bit worried if I am being stalked !

Just let him sing then ha ha ha. :thumbsup:

what frustrates me as a spectator, not just with you, but with a few east cornwall referees, is that you will book a player for "questioning" your decision, yet let bad tackles go. why? its almost at times Al, as if your on a massive power trip, like you get bullied by your wife all week and saturday is your turn to hold the power stick. i think an improvement on your game would be to become a referee that talks to the players on the pitch, explain what you saw briefly, like the tactics used by Martin Smith. Players would become less frustrated with you then. Maybe take some of this "Harmless banter" you supposedly use on here, onto the pitch, lighten up a bit, rather than being this rigid, stone faced, non-approachable disiplinarian. and believe you me my friend, im certainly not stalking you, and im in agreeance with Garf.....stick to your microphone and sticky carpets pal.

hi to you all :thumbsup:

i have sat back and been reading this thread..

so here is my input.

i am not taking sides with anyone on here.just wanted to make that clear first

I have been a referee for 18 years now

Every referee as a different way of dealing with things on the pitch,what i do some referees wont do!! and what some refs do i wont do!! swings and roundabouts comes to mind.

as you say muddy patch i do explain my decisions to players but not all the time!! some players are in your face from the moment the whistle gos.

but that is football for you.

like i said i am not taking sides here. but al johns is a very good friend of mine.who i think as been refereeing a lot longer then me :thumbsup:

i have never known him to be stone faced at all.

i have never seen him sing too!!! so i wont comment on that :clapper:

lets just remember one thing here.. without referees there wouid be no games.

like i said to someone the other week i will always give 100% every time i ref a game. and i am sure al johns will as well.. along with other referees in the ecpl and duchy leagues :clapper:

Muddy Patch...... Power, Not Approchable, disiplinarian, power trip, not me mate but you just hide behind "Muddy Patch"and make your comments. I think most people will agree that I referee with a smile on my face and if approched in the right manner I am very happy to explain any decision but don,t forget Respect earns Respect. PS I think I have booked less players than most referees and even less for dissent but as my stalker you would know that better than me. Merry Christmas

Rightside....that would be Pete Sowden. At least you know what you get with pete, and hes very consistent.

Mr Johns....one final point to make before taking your seasons greetings and proceeding into the christmas spirit. Being the stalker that i am, i was thinking about coming and watching you again on saturday, but its a long old poke up to holsworthy!!!!! Football is a game of opinions, and in my opinion, and many others, you are a poor referee, who fails at vital times to provide protection to the players, and as the referee, you can set the tone of the game by letting certain things go, and enhance the frustration of players.

Next time im at a game, ill endeavor to make myself known to you, i may pop up and watch the saltash bere game. like i said, football is a matter of the personals opinion.

Smithy.....Top Class.....Mr Johns may have been doing the job longer that you, but, he could certainly do with watching one of your DVDs cause you are far superior mate

Muddy patch your pretty sad to come on here really going overboard, when by the looks of it you don't play or referee.

I've been reffed by Al Johns lots. I get on well with him but he's booked me lots and is as fair as he can be and certainly gives no favours. He's actually very approachable and talks to you also and understands frustrations. How ironic you won't commit to meeting him. Full of talk on here......

The refs get stuff all money to do it and dogs abuse on here. On the field they make mistakes as do

Most players , (plenty by me)But you don't see players here getting grief non stop.

It's a place of opinions, and mine is, instead of stalking refs, you need to get out more.