Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL AGM

Wonder what farcical things we'll see from the committee this time. At least with no applicants this year we won't see a repeat of the vice chairman's ridiculous championing of Kilkhampton's facilities and quality (with no disrespect to them) - a voting slip with 2 names on from 5 or 6 applicants followed their attempts to change their own ECPL cup rules halfway through the AGM the year before!!! :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

So there is still time for Dobwalls to apply !!!

I'm afraid this was blocked before as Dobwalls don't have a second team. This was brought up after another team got into the league without having a second team.

So there is still time for Dobwalls to apply !!!

I'm afraid this was blocked before as Dobwalls don't have a second team. This was brought up after another team got into the league without having a second team.

I don't know if Dobwalls will bother applying again after the way they and others were treated last year????

If Dobwalls (or anyone else) wish to put a team in the East Cornwall League they should put them in the Duchy League and earn the right by gaining promotion all the way through, as other clubs have done in the past.

If Dobwalls (or anyone else) wish to put a team in the East Cornwall League they should put them in the Duchy League and earn the right by gaining promotion all the way through, as other clubs have done in the past.

How many times has that happened? More like pluck them out of thin air as usual. :huh:

Rowett Insurance League Cup draw

Polperro v Bude Town

St Blazey v St Teath

St Stephens Borough v Millbrook

Torpoint Athletic v Nanpean Rovers

Wadebridge Town v Camelford

Saltash United v Lanreath

Bodmnin Town v Kilkhampton

Bere Alston United v Plymstock United

St Stephen v Tavistock

Launceston v Sticker

Liskeard Athletic v Roche

Edgcumbe v Elburton Villa

St Dominick v Biscovey

Callington Town v Probus

Morwenstow v Holsworthy

Plymouth Parkway bye.

Surely not,Alasdair,if they came across from another Senior League(Plymouth and/or North Devon Premier).What on earth

would the likes of Plymouth Parkway or Morwenstow do in Duchy 5 ?

Adlestrop - AJW isn't Alastair; that's me - although we're both connected with Grampound so that's maybe why you got confused.

doubt dobwalls would apply again- the year i played for the second team we were in dutchy prem, got to the area final for the jnr cup, came 4th in the league i think? applied to go to east cornwall as our first team had gone peninsular only to be turned down and st blazey (who i think came bottom of league 1 that season) got promoted! all the players left to go and play east cornwall and a year later dobwalls 2nds folded.

any other points of interest tonight ecpl.. :thumbsup: just asking.. :D

The kick off's has reverted to 2.30pm all season. Ivor Phillips of Holsworthy was named secretary of the year. Season starts Saturday 20th August with a May 12th the finishing date. Paul Haddock (Lanreath), Dave Baskwell (Plymstock United) and an independent (Ian Leonard) have been added to the management committe of Ricky Cardew (Torpoint Athletic), Hillary Kent (Camelford) and Alan Craddock (Nanpean Rovers). The league is in its 50th year.

St Dennis promoted to SW Peninsula League. Biscovey relegated to Division One, St Dominick and Elburton Villa promoted to Premier Division. No team relegated from Division One ad no team coming up from Duchy League. This leaves 16 teams in the Premier Division and 15 in Division One

doubt dobwalls would apply again- the year i played for the second team we were in dutchy prem, got to the area final for the jnr cup, came 4th in the league i think? applied to go to east cornwall as our first team had gone peninsular only to be turned down and st blazey (who i think came bottom of league 1 that season) got promoted! all the players left to go and play east cornwall and a year later dobwalls 2nds folded.

Here Browner Bobby 66 will be on here accusing you of whining if you keep on, what a plank ha ha. :rolleyes: