Cornwall Football Forum

S.W.P.L AWARDS

I SEE LOOKING AT THE SWPL WEB SITE THAT LISKEARD WON THE PREMIER DIVISION BEST GROUND AWARD AND BUCKLAND AGAIN WON THE BEST PRODRAMME AWARD AT WHICH I AM NOT SURPRISED AS BOTH TIMES I HAVE VISITED THIS SEASON ITS BEEN WORTHY OF MOST LOWER LEAGUE FOOTBALL LEAGUE SIDES EFFORTS WELL DONE TO BOTH CLUBS ON THIER AWARDS

WELL IT MUST BE TIME TO RENAME THE AWARD THEN, AS FOR ME A GROUND IS THE WHOLE SET UP NOT JUST THE PLAYING AREA A GROUND INCLUDES THE STANDING AND SITTING AREAS, CLUBHOUSE, TEA HUTS, AND HOW THE HOME TEAM LOOKS AFTER THE VISITING PLAYERS AND SPECTATORS, CAR PARKING AND ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF WATCHING A GAME OF FOOTBALL. BUT REGAURDLESS OF ALL THAT AS I SAID BEFORE WELL TO BOTH LISKEARD AND BUCKLAND ON THIER AWARDS AS THE CLUBS WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR THOSE CLUBS.

I think a few on here need to go and see the pitch at Liskeard. Its the best pitch around by a mile. Only Penryn has come close in recent years. The grass is as good as perfect and no one could moan about playing football on it. Huge credit has to go to the groundsman who puts in many an hour looking after it. No other pitch comes close im afraid. The general standard of Liskeards ground is very good to.

In my opinion its gona take a massive task to take the award from Liskeard next season.

Buckland programme winner, again, some quality programmes out there but to say St Austells is as good to a bit of a wind up cause Bucklands is almost football league standard and worth at least double what they charge!! I wouldnt argue paying £2 for what they produce. Superb.

Also pleased to annouce that for two seasons running Hayle have won west peninsula best ground award. Having travelled throughout the county this year the other two excellent surfaces we played on were Porthleven and Camelford, so well done to you guys. All the credit goes to Ian Gregory our groundsman, congratulations for all the hard work you put in as ever.

My Programme for Torpoint Athletic came runners-up this season in the Premier Division which I am dead pleased about :yahoo: as there is a lot of good Programmes in the Division this season, :clapper: but you need something special to beat Buckland Athletic, so well done to them. :clapper: Sorry for not posting earlier about this as two days after I got this award, I got made redundant at Wyndeham Plymouth the printers that print Vogue etc, as they are closing the Factory with 145 jobs going, :SM_carton: we will be gone by the end of August, just in time for the 2011-2012 season. So I will have loads of time to do the programme as well as finding a new job in print, which down here is hard!! :wacko: