Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL 2 Results 10/5/11

FH1

St Agnes 7 - 0 Perranporth

A comfortable win in a local derby for the Saints which takes us within 4 points of securing runners up with 4 games to play. Goals from Scott Gilbert, Paul Blake, Jake Hills, Sam Conolly, and I cant remember the other goal scorer......who was it now? .........cant have been anyone important........

......oh yeah, DAVE GOUNDRY scored a quality hat trick! Man of the Match performance. He could have kept the match ball, but its the only one we've got!

The most disappointing thing about this game.... it was against our closest and oldest rivals, a grudge match stretching back through generations, clash of the titans, one of the highlights of any season,..............yet Perranporth had to phone us up before the game to ask what colour kit we play in!

FH1

St Agnes 7 - 0 Perranporth

A comfortable win in a local derby for the Saints which takes us within 4 points of securing runners up with 4 games to play. Goals from Scott Gilbert, Paul Blake, Jake Hills, Sam Conolly, and I cant remember the other goal scorer......who was it now? .........cant have been anyone important........

......oh yeah, DAVE GOUNDRY scored a quality hat trick! Man of the Match performance. He could have kept the match ball, but its the only one we've got!

The most disappointing thing about this game.... it was against our closest and oldest rivals, a grudge match stretching back through generations, clash of the titans, one of the highlights of any season,..............yet Perranporth had to phone us up before the game to ask what colour kit we play in!

Its hardly the Perranporth side of years gone by! Looking at their website I dont recognise hardly any of the names in the reserves side, shame as I remember watching Perranporth on numerous occasions about 6-7 years ago in FHL 1 and they were head and shoulders above the rest :wacko:

Remember having many battles with Perran over the years and its a shame that the seconds were as short as they were last night. missing Jonny Williams at centre half would make a difference to most teams at this level.

It was a good natured game as opposed to those of previous years!