Cornwall Football Forum

Brackley Town v Truro City

Any reaction from Truro City supporters?

Yes bloody gutted.Being serious this was always going to be a tough game.At the start of the season Brackley signed some quality players,and were fancied by many to win the league but have had a mixed bag of results.But in recent weeks they seem to have started playing as a team and have been getting better results.At the moment there are about 6 teams that are in with a shout for a play-off spot so it's going to be a tough run in to the end of the season.Long term injuries to first choice players have not helped us in recent weeks,but with a little luck and hard work I still think 2nd place is not beyond our reach,and that would give us home advantage in the play-offs.Lets just hope. :c:

I guess that if you'd offered us this position back in August most City fans (well, me if no one else) would have been quite happy. However given where we were at the end of January this now seems like a bit of a footballing bad dream unfolding (not yet a nightmare). The trouble for us is that we seem to be losing momentum while those around us are gaining it. Never a good combination of events. I think we cwn win our remaining home games and the one with Leamington will be that cliched 6 pointer, but it's our away form that's scary and the 6-0 at Salisbury is now looking like a seriously freaky scoreline.

And for me as a Gooner as well I'm well versed in late season collapses! :angry2: