Cornwall Football Forum

Windsor & Eton F C

Mike

It is bad for both Truro and others like Tivi and seems to be giving the league title to Salisbury but i think that Salisbury would have won anyway so its doesnt make much of a difference.... if Truro can beat salisbury everything will change..... Truro will win a play off anyway... they will go up this year.... and they will do well at the next level..I know they all knock Mr H but without his cash this wouldnt have happened... money talks...

Cornwall needs this promotion....

Feel sorry for the people who work hard for a team like W & E , they are the losers...for about £70,000 ...If Mr H walked away then this could be Truro.... I'm no fan but his has put his hand in his pocket... :drink:

Yes it sad to see clubs fold but the talk is that Windsor will reform under a new guise (Hope its not another A.F.C).

The Hellenic League Div 1 East has been mentioned -Step 6 the same as our SW Peninsula Prem. So not all that bad a predicament.

All fully professional Salisbury wont mind losing a couple of fixtures from what is a very heavy schedule whilst Truro will miss out on a Home 'payday'fixture.

If the Southern League expunge the Windsor results Salisbury would be two points behind Truro with three games in hand.

So a play off is looking likely for Truro and to finish 2nd would give both Home venues for the one game play offs.

I have always had a soft spot for windsor and eton as having lived and worked in the area for a few years back in the late 80s , i used to watch them on regular occasions and while the ground was never packed probarly due in no small part to the close proximity to london, they always seemed to get reasonably decent crowds. Whilst not knowing the ins and outs of it all i am surprised they are having to concede defeat for oweing what is in football terms what not a massive amount of money and particurly as they are situated in one of the most prosperous parts of the country. I do admit it looks like Salisburys title now but i feel Truro should get the runners up spot and will have no problems in the play offs and i wish them and Windsor all the best for the future.

The play-offs would be far from a foregone conclusion -

the likely candidates at present are Chesham, Cambridge & Leamington.

Chesham have already done 'the double' over Truro this season.

Leamington are always a strong Team to play and Truro's win over Cambridge came at a time when they were suffering shortages through injury. So - winning the play-offs - although highly possible - is far from an easy task.