Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday results 9/1

Cornwall Sunday Cup

Blue Anchor 1 Truro GWRSA 8

St Blazey 1 Carlyon Arms 3

Penzance Astro Park 3 - Packhorse 3, Packhorse win 5-4 on penalties

I'm guessing if Packhorse draw Carlyon Arms in the semi it will be played at Par Running track seeing as both clubs play out of there!

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

Shocking artificial. How can a proper footy match be played on a pitch where you cant slide tackle unless you want an injury.Blisters from all the rabbit poo (I meant grit) in my boots.Ill never play a match on one of them again. Everything about the game was shocking but i wont say too much. On the plus side West cornwall played some good football and were very sporting and prob deserved the 3 points trying to play a good passing game. Not much between the 2 sides though i dont think. Good win guys, well done

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

Shocking artificial. How can a proper footy match be played on a pitch where you cant slide tackle unless you want an injury.Blisters from all the rabbit poo (I meant grit) in my boots.Ill never play a match on one of them again. Everything about the game was shocking but i wont say too much. On the plus side West cornwall played some good football and were very sporting and prob deserved the 3 points trying to play a good passing game. Not much between the 2 sides though i dont think. Good win guys, well done

First game back after Christmas and we started slowly and gave away two early goals. We then wasted numerous opportunities to get back into the game before half-time, despite creating some good chances. It always seemed to be the final ball that let us down.

Second half and we piled on the pressure from kick off where we had about six or seven corners in quick succession, but again we failed to take advantage. We did eventually pull a goal back through Ashley Farrow with 25 minutes to go.

With us chasing the game West Cornwall had numerous counter attacks and scored their third with just a few minutes to go.

West Cornwall played some good football and their keeper pulled off several excellent saves, although they were extremely lucky not to have one man, possibly two, sent off for offences that the referee saw. As Darren said, shocking! :SM_carton:

Wendron beat Tremough in Sunday Cup 3-1 and missed a penalty for the second round in a row. Goals from Steven Varker 2, and Floey Whitbread. Ref was really good, which is refreshing to see after the clown who I saw ref yesterday. Bring on the semi finals

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

Everything about the game was shocking but i wont say too much.

Ah, go on your desperate to comment on Mr Baxters (referee) performance ;)

Well, he's been scored accordingly..........

Glad to hear it Mark - although to add some balance, if he'd moved anywhere outside the centre area, he'd have seen you commit the odd 1 or 5 fouls on the West Cornwall striker :P

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

Glad to hear it Mark - although to add some balance, if he'd moved anywhere outside the centre area, he'd have seen you commit the odd 1 or 5 fouls on the West Cornwall striker :P

Thanks!

Cornwall Sunday Cup

I'm guessing if Packhorse draw Carlyon Arms in the semi it will be played at Par Running track seeing as both clubs play out of there!

Would St.Blazey's loss be unexpected or are Carlyon Arms the dominant Sunday team in the east of the county?

Sunday Cup

PZ Astropark 3 Packhorse Inn 3 (1-2 H/T, 3-3 90mins, 3-3 AET, Packhorse won 5-4 on penalties)

It'd be easy to feel completely gutted after losing this one but it was such a fantastic match that it's (just) about bearable. The old penalty shootout cliche of neither side deserving to lose really rang true at a muddy leisure centre today. After handing Packhorse our traditional gift of an early goal we settled down and played some great football leading to Josh's equaliser. However Packhorse retook the lead with a smart finish from just inside the box and we went in at halftime 2-1 down.

Second half we began to exert some pressure on Packhorse leading to a 2nd equaliser and minutes later Searlio rose highest at a corner to put us 3-2 up. Unfortunately we probably took the lead too early because moments later Packhorse scored, 3-3. We had most of the possession for the last 20 minutes and some fine attempts on goal that were thwarted by a keeper having the match of his life :clapper: . Packhorse continued to threaten on the counter forcing some desperate defnding and at least 1 great save from Anger.

Extra time was more of the same end-to-end stuff as we hit the woodwork for the 2nd or 3rd time, but a penalty shootout loomed. Packhorse took some great pens, we missed one (post, again :( ) and that was that.

The game was played in great spirit, well reffed and with some real quality on show from both teams. A proper old-school cup tie. Packhorse brought the whole pub and some more down by coach which created a brilliant atmosphere and they were a great bunch, as gracious in victory as they no doubt would have been in defeat. Many thanks to Wayne and his lads for playing their part in a top morning/afternoon and we look forward to the offered friendly at yours. Good luck in the semis, be good for the nice guys to win it! :thumbsup: Finally, cheers to our lads and supporters who worked so hard and made me really proud today. Keep it up lads, we're still unbeaten this season ;):D

Astro scorers

Josh Findlay

Anthony Roberts

Paul (Sober) Searle

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

Thanks!

never mentioned the ref. you can make up your own minds about what im saying. The worst thing is, I left work early to play and I missed the county pool trials to play in that!!! What a mistake!!

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

Thanks!

never mentioned the ref. you can make up your own minds about what im saying. The worst thing is, I left work early to play and I missed the county pool trials to play in that!!! What a mistake!!

You were'nt so diplomatic during the match - and I agreed with you, it did look like things would get out of hand at one point, while he failed to address the handbags - but granted you hav'nt mentioned the ref on here!

Cornwall Sunday Cup

Would St.Blazey's loss be unexpected or are Carlyon Arms the dominant Sunday team in the east of the county?

Although St Blazey have won the last 2 Sunday Cup Finals their record against Carlyon Arms especially in the cups is not that good. Up until losing to St Blazey away in the league last season Carlyon Arms were 30 league games unbeaten and have contested every cup final (within our league) for the last 3 seasons. In the cups Carlyon Arms have won all 4 meetings with St Blazey, a 3-2 semi final win, 2-1 first round win, a win in a final on pens last season after a 4-4 draw & today's result. League wise the head to head is 2 wins each and a draw, St Blazey winning the last 2 league games. Probably before the game St Blazey would have been favourites because they are so good when it comes to the County Cup. Today however they were outclassed by Carlyon Arms. Truth is if the 2 teams played tomorrow the result could be reversed. Packhorse, the other team from the CSFL who progressed at Penzance's expense are a decent outfit to, they hammered Carlyon Arms 5-1 earlier this season. Carlyon Arms & Packhorse are pub teams, St Blazey are a big club with the pulling power regarding players a team like that can attract.

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

Thanks!

You were'nt so diplomatic during the match - and I agreed with you, it did look like things would get out of hand at one point, while he failed to address the handbags - but granted you hav'nt mentioned the ref on here!

I only just kept myself in control during the match haha, wasnt easy at times!!

Camborne Park 5 Storm (mining one) 2

Camborne Park with no game due to rearranged fixture so contacted Storm.

Brilliant play by park, winning their last 3 games in a row, all be it friendlies (Havent played a league game since before xmas). Definitely gonna push for the best postion they can get in the league now!

Roll on next week!

Scorers for Park today:

Aaron Butler 2 (Fantastic left foot volley for his first)

Dave Bartlam

Peter Norfolk

Luke Rosevear (A great free kick from 20 yards)

WCSFL Div 2

CROWNTOWN 2 MALABAR 8 (ht 0-5)

Crowntown, missing too many key players, failed to compete with a strong Malabar side who scored 4 in a 10 minute interval just before half-time.

I turned up with a strong side but still missing 4 or 5 of my better players, and as Bill said the first half was Dominated by Malabar who i think stayed in the Crowntown half for about 35-40 mins of the half. Second half was a bit more even as Malabar Made all there subs and became very lazy and at times too confident. Not something i like to see from my lads to be honest. After going 0-7 up we gave a free kick away on the edge of the area. The ball was whipped goalwords which was parried by the goal keeper who in turn landed on his right leg and twisted his knee. Had to go off so was down to 10 men for 30 mins of the second half. I want to say thanks to the ref who had a very good game and also to the crowntown players who kept at it for the entire 90 mins. Great bunch of lads and i look forward to our home fixture.

Malabar Scorers :-

Graeme Weir 3

Harry Pope 2

Michael Hodges 2

Jordan Whaley 1

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

It's a good surface for those who want to play football how it is meant to be played. Our club is all about bringing in youngsters and showing them how to play football, not brainwash them to become thugs like a lot of teams in our area (naming no names). We get the ball down and play, as a defender you should rarely need to go to ground to make a tackle if you've been coached the right way. That said I do have permanent astro rash on my upper leg from the odd occasion that I need to.

Good result for us, although we don't look for results and points on Sundays, it's about the performance which at times wasn't up to standard. We use our Sunday team for the subs (used and unused) of both our 1st and 2nd Saturday sides as well as players coming back from injury or wanting to improve match fitness.

Thought you guys played some good stuff yourselves yesterday and have to disagree with the comment that we should of had players sent off? I won't go into too much detail about the MPad player who grabbed our strikers crown jewels!

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

It's a good surface for those who want to play football how it is meant to be played. Our club is all about bringing in youngsters and showing them how to play football, not brainwash them to become thugs like a lot of teams in our area (naming no names). We get the ball down and play, as a defender you should rarely need to go to ground to make a tackle if you've been coached the right way. That said I do have permanent astro rash on my upper leg from the odd occasion that I need to.

Good result for us, although we don't look for results and points on Sundays, it's about the performance which at times wasn't up to standard. We use our Sunday team for the subs (used and unused) of both our 1st and 2nd Saturday sides as well as players coming back from injury or wanting to improve match fitness.

Thought you guys played some good stuff yourselves yesterday and have to disagree with the comment that we should of had players sent off? I won't go into too much detail about the MPad player who grabbed our strikers crown jewels!

I think it's very good what you're trying to do and you've got some good players, who pass the ball very well. I would agree with Darren's comment on the pitch, but only in terms of the fact we train on the 3G pitch at Penryn College and I feel that's a better surface - it has a bit more give.

I missed that Vinnie Jones / Gazza moment!

Regarding the one potential sending off that you disagree with - are you saying it's okay for a player to put their studs up and kick / stamp on the back of another player's leg?

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

I think it's very good what you're trying to do and you've got some good players, who pass the ball very well. I would agree with Darren's comment on the pitch, but only in terms of the fact we train on the 3G pitch at Penryn College and I feel that's a better surface - it has a bit more give.

Regarding the one potential sending off that you disagree with - are you saying it's okay for a player to put their studs up and kick / stamp on the back of another player's leg?

Absolutely not and if that is what happened then I must apologise, maybe I've gone a bit Arsene Wenger but I have to admit that I didn't actually see it, if I had then words would of been had at the end of the game for sure.

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

Absolutely not and if that is what happened then I must apologise, maybe I've gone a bit Arsene Wenger but I have to admit that I didn't actually see it, if I had then words would of been had at the end of the game for sure.

That's okay. It's done now and at least we got a free kick!

West Cornwall 3-1 MPAD

Take your point about not having to slide tackle etc but you have a good footballing side with a lot of youg quick youngsters which although we try and play good football is almost the opposite to us. Against teams such as yourselves you have to get in there faces a bit and tackle hard and perhaps try and intimidate a bit. Its impossible to do that on that pitch.It was our midfield unable to get stuck in i think.Thats where the game is won and lost. Your players were getting at out defence to easily in the first half.Not saying our midfielders had a bad game, infact the opposite but I can only remember one hard slide tackle and your guy wasnt keen. Unfortunately neither was our player as it obviously a mistake to go in like that on that pitch. The whole game just felt like a training game and thats all that pitch is good for. I agree it is good for a fast passing game. You may well still beat us in the reverse fixture as you are a good side but the game will be so much tougher/more physical. Great surface for training but match no good ( just my opinion).

Im not so sure about red cards etc. Game had a few silly moments but on the whole was played sportingly. West cornwall seem a good bunch of lads. Just a very strange game to play in, oh and I got booked, my 7th in 19 years. Just about summed things up really!!

Sunday Cup

PZ Astropark 3 Packhorse Inn 3 (1-2 H/T, 3-3 90mins, 3-3 AET, Packhorse won 5-4 on penalties)

It'd be easy to feel completely gutted after losing this one but it was such a fantastic match that it's (just) about bearable. The old penalty shootout cliche of neither side deserving to lose really rang true at a muddy leisure centre today. After handing Packhorse our traditional gift of an early goal we settled down and played some great football leading to Josh's equaliser. However Packhorse retook the lead with a smart finish from just inside the box and we went in at halftime 2-1 down.

Second half we began to exert some pressure on Packhorse leading to a 2nd equaliser and minutes later Searlio rose highest at a corner to put us 3-2 up. Unfortunately we probably took the lead too early because moments later Packhorse scored, 3-3. We had most of the possession for the last 20 minutes and some fine attempts on goal that were thwarted by a keeper having the match of his life :clapper: . Packhorse continued to threaten on the counter forcing some desperate defnding and at least 1 great save from Anger.

Extra time was more of the same end-to-end stuff as we hit the woodwork for the 2nd or 3rd time, but a penalty shootout loomed. Packhorse took some great pens, we missed one (post, again :( ) and that was that.

The game was played in great spirit, well reffed and with some real quality on show from both teams. A proper old-school cup tie. Packhorse brought the whole pub and some more down by coach which created a brilliant atmosphere and they were a great bunch, as gracious in victory as they no doubt would have been in defeat. Many thanks to Wayne and his lads for playing their part in a top morning/afternoon and we look forward to the offered friendly at yours. Good luck in the semis, be good for the nice guys to win it! :thumbsup: Finally, cheers to our lads and supporters who worked so hard and made me really proud today. Keep it up lads, we're still unbeaten this season ;):D

Astro scorers

Josh Findlay

Anthony Roberts

Paul (Sober) Searle

Penzance Astro 3 v Packhorse FC 3 (5-4 Pack on penalities)

It was an early start from the Horse and the day started in high spirits and just got better and better.

Penzance Astro were our hosts and we received a warm welcome from Steve and his team the moment we stepped of the coach.. THANKS ALOT GUYS.

The game as a whole was an absolute cracker which had everything and was worthy of being a Cup final in itself.

Our loyal vocal following were a credit to us and added to a fantastic occasion along with the Astro support playing their part the stage was set.

What ensued for the next 90 minutes extra time and penalties is something that will live long in the memory and is well documented in the Astro Match report.

In a game that had everything the shocking pitch didn’t detract from the great football on show the ref played his part in letting the game flow and there wasn’t a malicious challenge throughout, It was a pleasure to share the pitch with a Very Good Footballing side.

As results stand there has to be a winner and this was settled by the inside of a post Packhorse had to dig deep for this one and Penzance Astro lost nothing in defeat.

I would like to thank Astro for their hospitality and wish them all the best for the rest of the season Im sure playing like that every week you will get your just deserts.

GOOD SPORTSMAN......GOOD FOOTBALL...GOOD BANTER..........GOOD DAY.....

Keep your diary open lads as a welcome friendly return is on the cards 

Tremough 2 Vs Camborne Park also off

Heard from Camborne Park that it was off due to tremough 2 unable to raise a team.

They also said they weren't sure if they would get the points from the fixture as they thought it was a reserve side but i pointed out they were two completely different teams as mentioned by the commitee at the agm.

Can anyone help me further so i can update our table?

Heard from Camborne Park that it was off due to tremough 2 unable to raise a team.

They also said they weren't sure if they would get the points from the fixture as they thought it was a reserve side but i pointed out they were two completely different teams as mentioned by the commitee at the agm.

Pretty sure if they let you know during the week that they were unable to raise a side it's ok, but if it was left until late notice camborne park should get the points. Tremough two are a totally seperate side to Tremough. Its not a reserve side

Pretty sure if they let you know during the week that they were unable to raise a side it's ok, but if it was left until late notice camborne park should get the points. Tremough two are a totally seperate side to Tremough. Its not a reserve side

The League rules state 48 hours notice to call off a game. This was called of by Tremough on Tuesday. If the game can be refixtured, then that is the best solution. Clubs join the League to play football, not to win points.

If teams / clubs can call a game off without decent reason (such as pitch unplayable) and get the game re-scheduled then the question must be asked of what's the point in having a fixture list? By entering the league you have the reponsibility of fulfilling alloted fixtures or face the penalty of losing the points. Surely this principal is simple and fair and no-one can complain about. To call a game off simply because 'we cant raise a side' should be considered 3 points to the opposition otherwise its open to abuse at any and every opportunity.

There are quite a few rediculous rules in Sunday League Football! Can't raise a side? Tough luck, not our problem. Give us the points. I might cancel all our games due to lack of players until the nicer weather comes in, at least that way I can have a few weekends off, and get a nice tan once its rescheduled :ninja:

There are quite a few rediculous rules in Sunday League Football! Can't raise a side? Tough luck, not our problem. Give us the points. I might cancel all our games due to lack of players until the nicer weather comes in, at least that way I can have a few weekends off, and get a nice tan once its rescheduled :ninja:

Come on guys i think your being a ittle sily. It's sunday Football. The reason people play is for the love of playing. It can be very hard to run a sunday side with players dropping out left right and centre. specialy when alot of the players play saturdays too and pick up knocks. its all part and parcel of Sunday league football. see i'd rather have the game re-fixtured than take the 3 points and not play. Much rather get the game of football. Thats why the Clubs Pay to enter the league, to play football!