Cornwall Football Forum

TORPOINT v SALTASH UNITED

Have just returned home from watching Torpoint and Saltash. What was looking to be a 2-2 draw, ended with some very strange subsitutions and a 5-2 defeat for Saltash.

I could see no reason why Chris Menhenick and Paul Chuwen were taken off, to be replaced by Gavin Coulton and Luke Doddridge, as this "threw" the game.

Steve Sargison was replaced by Chris long and this made Saltash even weaker.

As I didn't go to the Saltash v Witheridge game, I can only assume that Withridge had an "off day". There does seem to be a total lack of involvement coming from the Managerial duo at Saltash. Could they not see that their decisions had made catastrophic changes in the team, but they just stood there like mannequins.

Whilst nothing should be taken away from Torpoint, they were literally "given" the game by the Saltash management.

Have just returned home from watching Torpoint and Saltash. What was looking to be a 2-2 draw, ended with some very strange subsitutions and a 5-2 defeat for Saltash.

I could see no reason why Chris Menhenick and Paul Chuwen were taken off, to be replaced by Gavin Coulton and Luke Doddridge, as this "threw" the game.

As I didn't go to the Saltash v Witheridge game, I can only assume that Withridge had an "off day". There does seem to be a total lack of involvement coming from the Managerial duo at Saltash. Could they not see that their decisions had made catastrophic changes in the team, but they just stood there like mannequins.

Whilst nothing should be taken away from Torpoint, they were literally "given" the game by the Saltash management.

Were there any irregular betting patterns prior to the match?

After what I would have called a sound performance against Witheridge, the defeat against Torpoint was a major disappointment. Witheridge were not an easy side to beat, so praise should be given to "the ashes". However, what went wrong last night? Both Hughes and Saint worked their socks off in attack, worthy of their selection. The midfield and defence seemed to be coping well with Torpoint.

No doubt the management have their reasons for the changes in the second half, but "the ashes" were very quickly demolished.

I cannot be alone in being very disappointed with this result. There are certain players who were poor last season and have yet to "deliver" this season.

wiv torpoint twice going ahead and saltash constantly chasing the game and the torpoint forwards getting the better of the ashes defenders every time regardles which ones played somehow i wud say it was more torpoint "took" the game rather than was "given"

I recall posts on here from several disgruntled "ashes" supporters last season. It would seem that the mood from last season has crept into this season already.

As a "ashes" excile, I am unable to watch many of their matches, but have chatted to many of their regular supporters. It would seem that the manager/asst manager have secured much of the players budget for recent/this season, thus putting them in a "comfort zone". could the chairman/committee afford to dispense with them? :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: