Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City Poll

Guest john

32 members have voted

1. 1. Will Truro City ever get in to the football league?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont Know

The reason they won't is because behind the scenes they are the worst run club in Cornwall. They are doomed to progress no further than Southern Premier. Who else would decide that in of all places Cornwall they should charge the highest permitted entry fee rather than the lowest? They should be charging the lowest and offering as many incentives as possible in concessionary charges, like free for accompanied under 12s, £2 for over 65s, accompanying partners £2 - that sort of thing. Show your ticket at the tea hut, get discount on your cuppa, show your programme from the league match before, get into next Reserve match (if there is one) free (if league rules allow - they probably don't)and other similar incentives to get more people to the games to provide more customers for the tea hut and bar.

But no. It was nothing short of disgraceful that at the end of last season (I am told) when there were three Southern League games in a week, NO concessions were offered. Hardly rocket science that the attendances were poor.

And now I've read all the posts about the pasty problem on the Tiger Talk site. Best thing for the club, it now appears would have been to cut losses and called an EGM before the end of last season, sacked the Chairman, withdrawn from the Southern League, applied for Peninsula Premier and brought the club back to the city.

Guest watcher

:c:

And now I've read all the posts about the pasty problem on the Tiger Talk site. Best thing for the club, it now appears would have been to cut losses and called an EGM before the end of last season, sacked the Chairman, withdrawn from the Southern League, applied for Peninsula Premier and brought the club back to the city.

:yahoo: And there speaks the Voice of Reason and Common Sense!