Cornwall Football Forum

TRURO CITY PRESS RELEASE

City chairman Kevin Heaney has hailed newly appointed first team manager Lee Hodges as "undoubtedly an extremely popular choice" among both fans and players.

"I am looking forward to a long and successful relationship with Lee, who will have great support from the backroom team of Newts, Deba and Ian," he says, "and I'm hoping we can give Lee a really rousing welcome with a big crowd for our home friendly against Plymouth Argyle's first team on July 10 at 3 pm!

"I get on very well with Lee and have been hugely impressed by his approach to the new post and his credentials as a player - and I am delighted that he will continue as a player, too. Lee is from the same neck of the woods as I am.

"The game is not just about results; it's about a much bigger picture. An enormous amount of effort has to go into running a football club - at any level and especially ours - and I am very confident Lee will fit into that picture very capably and make an invaluable contribution to the club's continued progress. I share his conviction that our present squad, with just a small number of additions, is good enough to compete at the next level. "

Former first team manager Dave Newton will be supporting Lee as assistant manager/coach, with Deba Sidhu and Ian Leigh continuing as goalkeeping coach and physiotherapist respectively.