Cornwall Football Forum

Penryn v Newquay

Penryn 4 v 1 Newquay. Att over 100 (60-70 from Newquay, the majority giving the Peppermints players an ovation as they left the pitch, now thats what I call quality support)

That clears it up - you're the Judge! I've missed your wild attendance estimates.

The SWPL attendance figures show that Newquay are the 3rd best supported side in all 3 Divs, way ahead of the little club next door to Ozzel. If you wish confirmation of the superb support tonight, I'm sure Messers Hiscox and Sampson will back the estimate up. The Jusge was there too.

Overall Penryn deserved the win but I felt 4-1 was a bit harsh. First half saw Penryn well on top and they went two nil up with two goals from the very impressive Shaughnessy, the second of which could only really be described as a sublime strike. Newquay then got a bit of a lifeline when Danny Carne cut inside and swerved one in over the keeper which went in via the underside of the bar. The second half saw Newquay bring on Orrin Crowle for Scott Palmer and they came into the game a heck of a lot more and created several good chances which through a combination of resolute defending and/or slightly wayward finishing saw the scores remain unchanged.

Towards the end of the game Shaughnessy broke through and in a tussle with Aaron Bicknell both ended up on the deck, the ref awarded a penalty and having done so had to send the defender off. The penalty was duly despatched, 3-1. As time was running out Shaughnessy was in acres of space on the left and having been found cut inside and fired in past Ryan Barnes to complete the scoring and his hat-trick.

Penryn 4 v 1 Newquay. Att over 100 (60-70 from Newquay, the majority giving the Peppermints players an ovation as they left the pitch, now thats what I call quality support)

That clears it up - you're the Judge! I've missed your wild attendance estimates.

The SWPL attendance figures show that Newquay are the 3rd best supported side in all 3 Divs, way ahead of the little club next door to Ozzel. If you wish confirmation of the superb support tonight, I'm sure Messers Hiscox and Sampson will back the estimate up. The Jusge was there too.

Only down to the fact Newquay had a crowd of over 500 for boxing day with their local rivals!! Take that away and your average crowd is much lower. Not ever club has had a local derby on a bank holiday or a ground hop to boost their figures!!

Let's face it attendances for all clubs are extremely poor. The argument should not be about whether 60 or 70 attended from one particular club, but about what plans the clubs' have to increase attendances.

When St. Austell played Newquay at Poltair this season the attendance was 158. The combined population of St. Austell and Newquay is approximately 45,000, so this match attracted 1 in every 285 or 0.35% of the combined population :(

In marketing terms it's about time the club's improved their product!

Let's face it attendances for all clubs are extremely poor. The argument should not be about whether 60 or 70 attended from one particular club, but about what plans the clubs' have to increase attendances.

When St. Austell played Newquay at Poltair this season the attendance was 158. The combined population of St. Austell and Newquay is approximately 45,000, so this match attracted 1 in every 285 or 0.35% of the combined population :(

In marketing terms it's about time the club's improved their product!

I have to agree with that. This was discussed at Liskeard (where there were no more 40 Liskeard fans present) and my feeling is that attendances are STILL dropping.

League Premier Division Table Carlsberg South West Peninsula

Current 08/09 07/08

BUCKLAND ATHLETIC 132 147 98

BODMIN TOWN 95 97 101

FALMOUTH TOWN 134 93 120

TAVISTOCK 117 141 116

ST.BLAZEY 118 83 118

TORPOINT ATHLETIC 108 110 94

SALTASH UNITED 127 122 137

PENZANCE

PLYMOUTH PARKWAY 166 173 181

WITHERIDGE 77 71 82

IVYBRIDGE TOWN 66 80 75

LAUNCESTON 73 92 92

WADEBRIDGE TOWN 84 83 74

ELBURTON VILLA 77 63 61

DARTMOUTH 58 79 64

LISKEARD ATHLETIC 70 76 80

BOVEY TRACEY

CULLOMPTON RANGERS 67 73 87

HOLSWORTHY 85 102 101

Above are comparative attendances over last 3years. Hope you can understand.