Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 24/04/10

Mining League Div. 1

Redruth Utd. 0 .v. Trevenson Utd. 0

A good hard battle and a fair result. Trevenson players playing for places with this Tuesday's semi final and every single one put in 100% effort which was matched by every single Redruth player! Both sides struggled to get any real rhythm going in a conjested midfield, Redruth were trying to just push the ball through to their strikers which we were able to clear and we were, frustratingly, pumping the ball over the top with the ball going through to their 'keeper on most occasions despite the endeavours of wing men Nathan Hughes and Richard Scott. Redruth had some joy with set pieces around our box and our best efforts came from the boot of Scott Grant with some speculative long range efforts. Start of the second half and Redruth pressurised probably enjoying their best 15 - 20 min spell in the game. Leigh Isaacs in the Trevenson goal was to be thanked for keeping the scores level and the Trevenson back line of myself, Luke Hart, Andrew 'Mushy' Symons and Luke Letcher functioned well and held a good line. The big turning point of the match was probably when Redruth striker Richie Ward broke free and beared down on goal only for Leigh to pull off a fantastic stop down to his right to deny him the glory. The battling went on in midfield for the whole 90 mins with Shaun Isaacs organising well and Spencer Osborn running himself into the ground against the well established midfield duo of Redruth's Phil Nicholls and Ryan Baber. Redruth will more than likely feel they had the chances to win this match but, as I said, a draw was more than fair come end up. Well reffed by Darren Cartwright who had a word when necessary and controlled the game well. All the best to Redruth for the remaining few games.

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd. Res. 1 .v. Praze 2

From the sounds of it a cracking game of football on a terribly hard surface. Trevenson have gone many weeks without a game but didn't show a lack of match fitness and took the game to Praze with reserves manager Ralph Halden lacing up his boots to play in midfield and an experienced back two of Darren Copeland and Howard Seller. Trevenson took the lead when Mike Barratt hit a screamer from all of 40yds but Praze were level when Gary O'Connor hit a ball forward and the bounce decieved stand in 'keeper Pete Williams. The big talking point of the game was Prazes' winner that came via an admitted handball in a crowded area that the ref or lino didn't spot. A smash and grab victory from Praze that keeps their unbeaten record in tact but plenty of positives for Trevenson to take into our remaining games of the season.

MINING DIV 3

Carbis Bay 1 St Buryan Res 1

A good battling performance from the buryan blues with some good football played by the bay reds.

Game played in really good spirit and excellently reffed.

Gareth in the buryan nets pulled off some excellent saves yet again.

An enjoyable game to play in even if we were on the back foot for about 88 mins !

:clapper:

Fair point in relation to the Redruth vs Trevenson game!

My personal thoughts... We should have won! There was 3 points on a plate today for Redruth.. We lost the two points! I will partly take the blame for that.. All my shots on target until a late first-half free kick that went closer to the moon.... My head went down!

Trevenson to me was a big game, A game against a previous club and against friends and ex team mates.. Suppose the pressure got to me on the striking point of view! I tried too hard! Apologised to our guys, I myself, had enough chances to win the game for Redruth!

On the other hand, 2 good saves from the visiting goalie!

I think the game was fair and played well! Referee edgey at times, seemed to favour Trevenson a little bit.

It was a good game to play in. To watch.. maybe frustrating to our supporters considering the chances we had..

Myself and Wardy not scoring from easy situations are what lost us the match!

But I'll give it to Trevenson.. A well battled game and with a few mouthy exchanges between players... it was a good game!

Redruth Man of The Match, as always... Ryan!

Trevenson, Id say the keeper! Kicked well, held onto balls well.. distributed well and also denied Wardy and myself from 7 yards!

A Good game guys.. All the Best to all of Trevenson for the rest of the season... You dont deserve to be so far at the bottom of the table!

Mining League Div. 1

Redruth Utd. 0 .v. Trevenson Utd. 0

A good hard battle and a fair result. Trevenson players playing for places with this Tuesday's semi final and every single one put in 100% effort which was matched by every single Redruth player! Both sides struggled to get any real rhythm going in a conjested midfield, Redruth were trying to just push the ball through to their strikers which we were able to clear and we were, frustratingly, pumping the ball over the top with the ball going through to their 'keeper on most occasions despite the endeavours of wing men Nathan Hughes and Richard Scott. Redruth had some joy with set pieces around our box and our best efforts came from the boot of Scott Grant with some speculative long range efforts. Start of the second half and Redruth pressurised probably enjoying their best 15 - 20 min spell in the game. Leigh Isaacs in the Trevenson goal was to be thanked for keeping the scores level and the Trevenson back line of myself, Luke Hart, Andrew 'Mushy' Symons and Luke Letcher functioned well and held a good line. The big turning point of the match was probably when Redruth striker Richie Ward broke free and beared down on goal only for Leigh to pull off a fantastic stop down to his right to deny him the glory. The battling went on in midfield for the whole 90 mins with Shaun Isaacs organising well and Spencer Osborn running himself into the ground against the well established midfield duo of Redruth's Phil Nicholls and Ryan Baber. Redruth will more than likely feel they had the chances to win this match but, as I said, a draw was more than fair come end up. Well reffed by Darren Cartwright who had a word when necessary and controlled the game well. All the best to Redruth for the remaining few games.

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd. Res. 1 .v. Praze 2

From the sounds of it a cracking game of football on a terribly hard surface. Trevenson have gone many weeks without a game but didn't show a lack of match fitness and took the game to Praze with reserves manager Ralph Halden lacing up his boots to play in midfield and an experienced back two of Darren Copeland and Howard Seller. Trevenson took the lead when Mike Barratt hit a screamer from all of 40yds but Praze were level when Gary O'Connor hit a ball forward and the bounce decieved stand in 'keeper Pete Williams. The big talking point of the game was Prazes' winner that came via an admitted handball in a crowded area that the ref or lino didn't spot. A smash and grab victory from Praze that keeps their unbeaten record in tact but plenty of positives for Trevenson to take into our remaining games of the season.

you are kidding me arent you? the report above suggests trevenson were unlucky? considering the game should of finished 5 or 6-1 and praze had a goal chalked off because of a linesmen not knowing the rules, also flagging at every opportunity, the linos answer to this was its up to the ref to have the final say? no the rule is a player isnt offside unless he is attempting to go for the ball or is interfering with play whilst being in an offside position. The game was end to end but in no means a good game at all, pitch was very bumpy and small, must be a nightmare to play on every other week. Very poor referee but he was new and where would we be without a ref! Shopping most likely! so fairplay, needs to be in control though.

still a win is a win, except im sure gary 0'connors shot was tapped in by a defender.

P.S cracking goal from trevenson, absolute screamer!

St Ives 2 - 8 Illogan

Ryan Treloar 3, Johnny Jones 3, Jeb Martin 1 and Adam Callaway 1

Started first 10 in great style scoring 2 quick goals and it looked like being a cricket score, but credit to St Ives they didnt stop and we lost our way a bit for the rest of the half going in only 3-2 up.

Second half switched on again and never looked like losing from then on.