Cornwall Football Forum

Players leaving Blaze Park

Guest hugo

i heard from a good source chris reski could be leaving blaze park? is this the case because of the teams recent run of bad form?other players leaving? the risk of capataincy being striped from his right arm? i heard hes going illogan!!!!!!

Best facilities in Cornwall. Managed by the biggest name in Cornwall. Third in the league. Yet players leaving to play at a lower level and standard of football.

Is this just a case of panicking after the worst result (Illogan) in the club's recent history or is something seriously wrong at Blaise Park?

Oh dear Dan,your memory has sliped again, Truro City is the biggest name in Cornish Football Followed By Falmouth Town,

then St Blazey,

From your good old friend HAMMERS :c::clapper::c:

I love you Hammers, but a quick view of the league table currently shows St Blazey ABOVE Falmouth Town.

Guest thebigfella

"The biggest name in Cornish Football..."????? Jesus, that just about sums it up really! You could probably replace the word "name" with "head" or "ego"... LOL!!

"Names" mean nothing at all, and I doubt Hoops would thank you for using that rather cringeworthy expression... Or would he?

"The biggest name in Cornish Football..."????? Jesus, that just about sums it up really! You could probably replace the word "name" with "head" or "ego"... LOL!!

"Names" mean nothing at all, and I doubt Hoops would thank you for using that rather cringeworthy expression... Or would he?

That's pretty disrespectful considering what the great man has achieved for both St Blazey and the Duchy as a whole.

Having a wind-up is one thing, slandering great men without whom our game wouldn't be what it is today is entirely another, and I hope this website doesn't go down that route.

That's pretty disrespectful considering what the great man has achieved for both St Blazey and the Duchy as a whole.

Having a wind-up is one thing, slandering great men without whom our game wouldn't be what it is today is entirely another, and I hope this website doesn't go down that route.

I think thats going a little far don't you? Good coach, good player in his day, and a lovely bloke on the few occasions I have met him. His players certainly seem to say nice things about him as well. But great man? I think even Glyn himself would be a little embarrassed by a comment such as that. Have a word with yourself DanBlazey - although your enthusiasm is to be commended, this is the lower end of non-league football! Its also a shame that many threads on this site seem to get hijacked and somehow develop into a discussion on all things St. Blazey.

As for Bobby Oaten - I'm sure he was a lovely bloke as well, but that didn't make him an effective manager/coach. Having a good rapport with supporters makes no difference to the opinions inside the changing room.

"Its also a shame that many threads on this site seem to get hijacked and somehow develop into a discussion on all things St. Blazey."

Well we can't really be blamed for that - there's nothing to stop the fans of other SWPL Cornwall-based clubs writing on this forum. The percentage of postings made by St Blazey fans reflects the fact that we are still one of the best supported clubs in Cornwall.

If you disagree with my opinions, that's fine. Lively debate is what this forum is for, and I'm enjoying it more than ever :ninja:

DanBlazey - i think what people are trying to tell you is that your are making out that Glyn Hooper is some kind of Jesus figure. Sure, he scored many a goal in his time and he's probably a decent chap but come on man...get your tongue out of his ass!

Read your post again out loud and then you'll know you've have a nightmare!

Great man???????????????????

Done loads for the Duchy?????????????????????????

DanBlazey - i think what people are trying to tell you is that your are making out that Glyn Hooper is some kind of Jesus figure. Sure, he scored many a goal in his time and he's probably a decent chap but come on man...get your tongue out of his ass!

Read your post again out loud and then you'll know you've have a nightmare!

Great man???????????????????

Done loads for the Duchy?????????????????????????

New to the forum Merlin??

You'll get used to me! Green-tinted all the way :yahoo:

Reasonably new Dan - i come on here from time to time but never really feel the need to comment but every now and again i read things that confuse me, and you post did just that! :wacko:

I'm just a football fan mate; passionate about the team I watch.

I do think Hooper is an absolute legend in the game, though, and feel no need to back down from my comments.

Guest Uncle Albert

Not heard it confirmed yet, but Carey doesnt normally say anything about signings unless he is fairly certain they will go through.

He was due to have talks with him today.