Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Rumour?

Its a complete farce! another example of the CFA screwing teams over. he's played for us most of the season and signed the forms which were sent to fa who claim they never got it. so its a case of their word against ours and we all know what they're like and wouldn't even listen to what we had to say. its a shame as this has been a really good year so far for us and the furthest we've been in the junior cup since i've been here. but oh well there's no point in arguing the matter as they won't budge and we've just got to pick ourselves up from the disappointment an get on with the rest of the season. there's still 2 cups to be played and hopefully we can better our 2 semi final appearances last year. good luck to helston in the cup but to be honest i wouldn't stick my money on them. good luck to all the mining league teams left in it and hope one of you bring the title to our side.

Yea same here especially as both teams are havin good strong seasons. Its a shame after all the hard work we've put into it as well like the game against perranporth. we were completely written off for that game. the thing that annoys me is the same player played against helston in the first game that got abandoned at full time. we still sent the team sheets in but they never said anything then. then when we deservedly beat them 5-1 they decided to say something.oh well like you said always next year. never know a pre season game could be quite good.

sharks, in response to the above, i was there watching the game, think you might want to question your lino, he was the one blabbing, it was asked to be checked by helston fc, its a shame as your a good side, but revenge was sweet for the helston players as some of your fans took the mickey out of the player for the own goal, should of checked the paperwork before it bites you on the arse, hope your team and lino learnt your lesson, as they say its a funny old game! i dont expect helston to go through to the next round, but for the reserves this year its more about building the team, good luck in your division for the rest of the season.

cola what exactly did he say? he was just a player that didn't make the squad for the day and has nothing to do with the player in question! at the end of the day the player was signed on according to our records and not by the fa's. its done now an nothing anyone can do about it so just got to get on with it. re- the player that scored the og got what he deserved he gave just as much to the sideline as they did him and the fact that he kept gettin his tackle out and waving it in front of them meant that in my eye's he deserved it. anyway i don't want to start arguing about the whole situation its been and gone we can't let it ruin our season. i think the decision is pretty soft but who am i to question it. im just a player that likes playing footie on a saturday.

That really is tough on you all what a shame , like you say everyone had been making Perran one of the favorites to win the cup , that was a fantastic result and a great advert for the Mining league . Was it just junior cup forms that were messed up or will you be losing points from the league too ? See you Saturday boys chins up.

Just the junior cup mate which is what's annoying. he's played most of the season as our regular keeper had an op on his knee. i reckon its to do with all the sausages he's eaten over the years. all the paper work for the league and other cups is all legit that's the annoying part. yea look forward to saturday mate always a tough game against you boys especially playin at the back! its always good to try an get one over a few old mates from st.Ives area.

Did the keeper in question play in the previous round against Perranporth ??

Whoever it was that Halsetown had in goal against us (Perranporth) had a bloody blinder, i'd be surprised if he got dropped or didn't become your regular keeper!

Shame for Halsetown as they battled bloody hard at the Ponsmere to get through.

Best of luck to all in the Junior Cup still and Halsetowns quest for some silverware this year.

:D

Did the keeper in question play in the previous round against Perranporth ??

No, the keeper who played against Perranporth is the lump who eats all the sausages. He is still out after having an operation (gastric band rumours unfounded) so we drafted in our 2nd/Sunday keeper who has played for one of our teams for most of the season.

Helston, you seemed to ask a lot of questions on the day about who was or wasn't signed on. You may have noticed a couple of changes from the first game due to a suspension - that player could not and did not play, but thanks for asking.

Your French full back was a livewire, but should keep his tackle in his shorts - we had ladies on the sideline! Why didn't he play in the first game?

Guest helstons14

Our Polish full back didn't play in the first game because he was working and to be honest I think most people present that day didn't blame him for giving it some back to that black haired kid on the sidelines. His gob is going to come back to haunt him one of these days.

And in terms of not wanting to put money on us in this cup, I wouldn't either. We had to build a whole new team this year and just want to stay up and play some decent football, we didn't even expect to go through one round in the cup, let alone two (albeit by default).