Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 28/11/09

MINING LEAGUE DIVISION ONE

RESULT.

SENNEN 2 V ST IVES 1

SCRAPPY AFFAIR WITH WEATHER AGAIN DOMINATING PROCEEDINGS..SENNEN TOOK LEAD THROUGH GLEN MARSDEN,AFTER GOOD WORK BY MATT LOWE.ST IVES EQUALISED MIDWAY THROUGH THE SECOND HALF,BUT SENNEN REPLIED IN QUICK FASHION,AS A NICE THROUGH PASS FROM GLEN MARSDEN,SET STEVE JONES THROUGH TO CLIP THE BALL OVER THE KEEPER...3 POINTS EARNED,WELL DONE LADS,,MUCH NEEDED WIN.. :drink::smiley20: :thumbsup:

Mining 3

Marazion res 0-6 Gulval res

After last weeks dismal showing, Gulval needed to go out and prove that the previous weeks result was nothing more than a bad day at the office. We could not of got off to a better start, scoring after 15 seconds!!Ant nicholas robbed their player held off 2 defenders, played a lovely ball down the line for Ian "janner" Phillips to cross for Chas pearce to slide in after the keeper had fumbled. Gulval really controlled proceedings with out really getting out of 2nd gear. J harrison came off the bench after 15 mins for the injured "janner" , almost immediately making an impact, justin dennington causing uncertainty in the back, heading the ball upwards, only for J to sneak in and header in to an unguarded net. :thumbsup:. Although the conditions were getting worse, both teams tried to play to the best of their ability, the pitch cutting really badly and not much passing football being played.

Even though Marazion had some of their Fal/Helston 2 players in, i dont recall our keeper having to make one save. Defence stayed strong with tidy performances all round, midfield worked hard to win the ball back early and the attackers were all willing runners. Chas pearce grabbed another for himself. J got another before Chirs "parky" parkinson scored with a good strike from 25 yards against his former side. With the game won, Rhondda Mitchell came on and strengthened the grip we had on the game, playing short passes, letting the ball do the work. :P .Ant "sick note" nicholas rounded off a good work man like performance with a well deserved goal!

Credit must go to Marazion who kept going and never made it easy at any time! Ref was good and consistent, and we are pleased with the days work.

Best of luck to Marazion for the rest of the season, seem to have a good team spirit, hope they turn their luck around :thumbsup::thumbsup::yahoo:

Special mention to my skipper Phil " gringo" Harvey who worked tirelessly in midfield making himself available at all times ;) x x

Cornish New Boys 1 - 6 Illogan

As you can imagine tough game in very hard conditions. Well done to our guys on the win, not played for 2 weeks and it can be difficult to carry on momentum after a break. Fair play to the New Boys, kept trying to play football and didnt roll over. Good luck for the season! :D

Stuart Peters 3

Adam Jewell 1

Simon Carter 1

Stuart Rule 1

Roll on next week, home to Scool of Mines, on a bloody Sunday! @ 10.30!!!

Well done to the 2nds on thier win too . . .

( oh, and apparantly Wardy did score a screamer . . . ) :)

Just heard that West Cornwall won 11-0. Not sure who against, i THINK it was St.Just ( that is who they were fixtured to play) Please can you confirm/correct .

Carbis Bay Utd 3 - 0 Newlyn res ( abandoned at h/t)

The pitch held up after all the rain, and CBU got started from the whistle. The first came within 5 mins from a Rob Monies corner wich James De Seta headed into net. The second came almost straight away with Ross Stevens winning the ball in midfield and smashing past the keeper from 20yrds out. The third was a pen after Lee Norman ran into the box and was brought down who then wronged the keeper to make it 3! We did score a fourth through Tim Penrose but was disallowed due to an off the ball offence with another player!

Anyway 3 nil h/t.

The ref then asked both teams if they wanted to continue with the game, as the pitch had started to cut up and the rain didnt look as if it was going to give up. There was a patch of pitch that was quite boggy but I've played on worse pitches! As we made our way out for 2nd half the ref told us that Newlyn didnt want to play second half with regards to the pitch deteriorating, and then called the game off!!!

As a team we're not to happy with this, would understand if the pitch was totally unplayable, and im sure if the boot was on the other foot and Newlyn were 3 up against us that they would of continued!!! :angry2:

Thanks to Newlyn for turning up and giving us a half!!

I heard a bit of a different story mike

1) the pitch was shit & 2) there were some dodgy tackles flying in, especially on our keeper....

that was why newlyn decided to call it a day as someone was gonna get hurt. the seconds have lost by far greater margins than you'd racked up and didn't they beat you at the beginning of the season already?? so it wasn't for lack of wanting to play, we've never cancelled a match before!

lucky i wasn't there, would of been all over by half time for you guys!

Mining 3

Goonhavern Res 4 - 2 St Buryan Res

looking at the other games that didn't complete....we managed it...but it did border on the comical side as the ball either stuck fast in the puddles or zipped along the surface like a torpedo...I've never in all the years I've played seen the rain come down liked it did today but at least we got the result that was badly needed after last weeks weak performance....

We raced quickly into a two goal lead through a direct corner from Miles and a bullet head from Gary Campbell...but then shot ourselves in the foot with conceding two soft goals..but then crucially before HT...Mike raced away and scored with a great finish...The game was poised but the heavens fell once again...but before the pitch became a mud bath...Alex lobbed the St Buryan keeper from 25 yards which gave us some breathing space....St Buryan never gave up and did have a chance 10mins before the end when a goal destined shot hit their own player for a goal kick...but Mitch the goalkeeper took a piledriver in the mush in the melee and had to go off because of concusion...(any excuse for an early pint!!)...finally the whistle went...couldn't see the Ref...because it was neatly pitch black..but 3 much needed points...

special mention to Paul the assistant manager who has to wash the kit...mine was the brown sodden no.7...might need washing a few times!!

Guest BLATCHY

Mining 3

Goonhavern Res 4 - 2 St Buryan Res

looking at the other games that didn't complete....we managed it...but it did border on the comical side as the ball either stuck fast in the puddles or zipped along the surface like a torpedo...I've never in all the years I've played seen the rain come down liked it did today but at least we got the result that was badly needed after last weeks weak performance....

We raced quickly into a two goal lead through a direct corner from Miles and a bullet head from Gary Campbell...but then shot ourselves in the foot with conceding two soft goals..but then crucially before HT...Mike raced away and scored with a great finish...The game was poised but the heavens fell once again...but before the pitch became a mud bath...Alex lobbed the St Buryan keeper from 25 yards which gave us some breathing space....St Buryan never gave up and did have a chance 10mins before the end when a goal destined shot hit their own player for a goal kick...but Mitch the goalkeeper took a piledriver in the mush in the melee and had to go off because of concusion...(any excuse for an early pint!!)...finally the whistle went...couldn't see the Ref...because it was neatly pitch black..but 3 much needed points...

special mention to Paul the assistant manager who has to wash the kit...mine was the brown sodden no.7...might need washing a few times!!

WELL DONE THE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo: :drink:

Mining 1

Gulval 1-4 Goonhavern

Pitch wasn't too bad before the start of play but unfortunately for Gulval they're unlikely to have a home fixture until 2010 having seen the state we left it in. Goonhavern went 1-0 up after about 2 minutes when Steve Capeling play a clever ball through to Matt Millbanks who slotted the ball nicely in the corner. It wasn't too long before it was 2-0 to the visitors when Joe Carlyon scored a free kick from about 25 yards in off the bar. 2-0 became 3-0 when Steve Capeling won a penalty which was calmly dispatched by Joe Carlyon.

Following a quick turnaround, Gulval began to put some pressure on Goonhavern without really having a sniff mainly due to the performance of our back line. Gulval pushing forward was always leaving them exposed to the counter attack and the pace of Marc Wilson and the impressive Lewis Waters. This eventually resulted in Sam Waters firing in to make it 4-0. Gulval eventually pulled one back courtesy of a penalty awarded by our linesman.

The game was once again well reffed and played in good spirit. Good luck to Gulval, shame they fixed the game in the bar afterwards :lol:

Well done to the seconds on their win!

Mining 1

Gulval 1-4 Goonhavern

Pitch wasn't too bad before the start of play but unfortunately for Gulval they're unlikely to have a home fixture until 2010 having seen the state we left it in.

You'd be surprised mate. That pitch will be good as new next week :unsure: ... Though I'm VERY surprised Viv (the well spoken, well dressed guy behind the bar :unsure: ) allowed the game to go ahead.. I'll bet there were a few moans and groans when the game was being played :D

Fair reflection on the Gulval Goonhavern game by Mama. We huffed and puffed a lot but you cant give the top sides a head start and expect to get anything.

The Goonhavern pen was a bit fortunate and to be honest so was ours.

Great to see Mike Menheniot there yesterday in charge nice to spar with him again without getting physical and Kev Tonkin, top top player.

As for the raffle £10 to The General, only the second time in 23 years! Get in!

Guest BLATCHY

Fair reflection on the Gulval Goonhavern game by Mama. We huffed and puffed a lot but you cant give the top sides a head start and expect to get anything.

The Goonhavern pen was a bit fortunate and to be honest so was ours.

Great to see Mike Menheniot there yesterday in charge nice to spar with him again without getting physical and Kev Tonkin, top top player.

As for the raffle £10 to The General, only the second time in 23 years! Get in!

One of the best centre backs i've ever played with!! The best in the league by far.Been at GOONHAVERN all his life not many players can say that quality :clapper:

Just to cofirm..

From Mining 2

West Cornwall 11 - Ludgvan 0

Our game was rearranged as st.just were playing in the junior cup.

Ht 4-0

WC Scorers

Owain Barrett 3

Ashley Kemp 3

Ian Chatfield 2

Damon Nicholls

Steve Gilbert

Martin Sleeman (missed penatly but scores from 30+ yards :wacko: )

Good luck to Lugdvan for the season, seemed a good bunch of lads despite terrible conditions

Goonhavern 4 - St Buryan 2

How we finished this game i'll never know, lets just say it was rough!

Lash up up of a start as we conceded two soft goals, we then carried on to put loads of pressure on Goonhavern and deservedly got two goals back and should've done better with all of our possession. Some great stuff being thrown around in the middle with us NOT getting stuck in the mud, as we were flying !! But then i cocked up by making a crap pass which they went and put away :( , which was a killer before HT as we did so well toget back into the game.

We came out second half and played loads of passing football in the dark (should've had carrots at half time instead of the tea?) but just could'nt find the back of the net. Another mistake created their fourth goal which sat on the wind and lobbed Scotty, player said he meant it but from where i was it was a cross. Luck really is not on our side what with the chopping and changing of our team with old and new faces, but still playing good stuff. Even when Jowan smashed it at what was sure to be a goal, their keeper did a superman and saved it with his face :blink: albeit it sparked him out :wacko: , some say he swallowed his tounge??

Well done to the Goonhavern. Cheers to bertie for some good 50/50's (no 4), surely i won the muddy shirt competion :unsure:.

Goonhavern 4 - St Buryan 2

How we finished this game i'll never know, lets just say it was rough!

Lash up up of a start as we conceded two soft goals, we then carried on to put loads of pressure on Goonhavern and deservedly got two goals back and should've done better with all of our possession. Some great stuff being thrown around in the middle with us NOT getting stuck in the mud, as we were flying !! But then i cocked up by making a crap pass which they went and put away :( , which was a killer before HT as we did so well toget back into the game.

We came out second half and played loads of passing football in the dark (should've had carrots at half time instead of the tea?) but just could'nt find the back of the net. Another mistake created their fourth goal which sat on the wind and lobbed Scotty, player said he meant it but from where i was it was a cross. Luck really is not on our side what with the chopping and changing of our team with old and new faces, but still playing good stuff. Even when Jowan smashed it at what was sure to be a goal, their keeper did a superman and saved it with his face :blink: albeit it sparked him out :wacko: , some say he swallowed his tounge??

Well done to the Goonhavern. Cheers to bertie for some good 50/50's (no 4), surely i won the muddy shirt competion :unsure:.

Thanks JCD...did enjoy the battle in midfield...and the mud certaintly leveled things out with my serious lack of pace..(down to my old age)....glad to get the three points in the end...

all the best for the season...you've got a half decent team there...yourself in Midfield..the tricky left winger (who u targeted all game) and the tall no.10 up front...conditions made it difficult for both sides!!