Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Games off 28th Nov

TMS v Redruth - Off

Overall the pitch not to bad at all considering the rain we've had this week.

Mainly a waterlogged patch through the middle.

We tried to fork it but the water not draining away and us stomping on it just makes it worse.

31st October our last home game. The problem with having a flat pitch :(

Mining 3

Mariners Vs Wendron off

Pitch a bit moist in places and neither side fancy getting their kit muddy.

No thats not the case we Wendron had 14 players travel all that way wasting there time and there petrol to turn up and play a game of football regardless of getting there kit muddy then get told at around 1:50 that the games is called off!! That has to be 3 points to Wendron not that we want to get our points that way but travelling that way then to get told its called off, Well thats just not on!! Not happy

Pitch a bit moist in places and neither side fancy getting their kit muddy.

No thats not the case we Wendron had 14 players travel all that way wasting there time and there petrol to turn up and play a game of football regardless of getting there kit muddy then get told at around 1:50 that the games is called off!! That has to be 3 points to Wendron not that we want to get our points that way but travelling that way then to get told its called off, Well thats just not on!! Not happy

Somebody tell the poor soul!

I know that irony is bit over some people's heads but, come on! You can't be that simple. The bloody pitch was awash. The silly bugger was there and could see for himself.

Nancegollan's usually O.K. and worth a shot, but not today.

And Wendron is the closest club there is to Nancegollan - after Praze. ("All that way!")

i arrived at about 1.50 and i didnt leave until about 2.15 and can honestly say that i definately never saw 14 wendron players turn up to be told its off, i didnt get told it was off until i arrived, and as far as i am aware phonecalls were made to wendron as well as the ref, maybe a little late yes but at the end of the day the pitch was unplayable, unless you brought along some scuba diving equipment. :D