Cornwall Football Forum

LAST CHANCE

Guest Bundiwilliams

Guest Bundiwilliams

Portreath AFC in Jollys Combinatio League are looking for ANYONE who can kick a ball 20 yards!!!!!

we are training at cornwall college astro pitch tonight @ 8.00-9.30pm

if you fancy 90 minutes a week then turn up, sign the forms and play on saturday, simples!!!!!!

This is the last chance we have as a club to survive so please help us out even if its for afew weeks we need anyone!!!!!!!

Guest Peppermint

Let's hope you get some response Bundiwilliams - I and Newquay Football Club wish Portreath Football Club the very best of luck and hope that you can receive some support and survive.

It seems only a short while ago that the Club won the Junior Cup Final at Wadebridge and then had a reasonably good start to their Combination League debut.

Good luck and I am sure that would be the sentiments of most if not all of Cornwall football followers. The demise of Wendron United from the CSWPL was a blow surely we do not want another club dropping out of a senior league.

Guest Bundiwilliams

if you read the post you will see it is players i am looking for this year not next year. i need to get club through this year and next year will be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Bundiwilliams

no just one combo team, shame a club which once once the most succesful junior team in redruth/camborne area over last 5 years is no struggling to even get 11 players!!!!!!

football is a strange thing!!!!!!

Guest Bundiwilliams

long story mate- half your first team from last year decides they fancy life over at st.day coz there is more money------opps i mean incentives over there than there is at portreath.

2 weeks before the season starts your whole committe decides they have had enough and quits, your manager decides its time to move on and takes 4 players with him. your main sponsor decides that he actually isnt going to sponsor you for the season so you start with 13 players and a balance of £200 in the bank!!!!!!!

first two games---- perranwell away 2-0 lost and falmouth town 2-1 lost, in my eyes bloody good results with a mining 2 side then all faith goes in the team and we start losing heavily and its a downward spiral cant keep players coz of results and cant attract players because of results!!!!!!

i am working my ass off behind the scenes have spoke to every friend i know and i am getting postive answer from them about coming to portreath next year, but not this year due to committed to there clubs they are with at present!!!!!

i cant commit to portreath every week playing due to work, but one of me isnt going to make a difference at all.......

where does portreath go from here, soon see over next few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck with your search Bundi, as you've said before this is an ideal opportunity for someone to get their face into senior football particularly younger players who can't be seslcted for County unless they're playing at senior level. No-one could doubt your commitment to your club mate and I for one wish you every success :clapper:

Guest Bundiwilliams

well to be honest i am not that committed at present, i am secretary, i am doing alot of running around for the club, but due to new job i cannot commit to portreath every saturday but when i can get away from work early enough to turn up in time to warm up and play i will be there battling on the front lines!!!!!

but this post really is asking for anyone to come forward and help us out......

if you are playing in fal/hels league and cant make your team come along and play for us, we will hand anyone a chance. if your in a combo team and fancy a challenge then the door is open, dont sit and warm a bench while i have a kit free for you to play....... no player likes to sit and watch a game, so dont come and play at portreath!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Bundi

It will be a shame if Portreath are forced to withdraw from the Combo but having watched the majority of the game on Saturday 21st I have to admit you are facing a monumental struggle as the body language of the players at half time never mind the end was not looking good.

The one thing you need to try and do above all else is whatever happens keep it going and fulfil all your fixtures this season so that at worse next season will see you in the top flight of either the Mining league or FHFL.

If you were to pull out and you no longer having an established reserve side to fall back on this will mean for Portreath football club to continue to exist you will have to apply for entry to the lowest division of either the mining or FHFL and that will be a sad day for cornish football for a side that won the county cup only 2 seasons before.

Guest Reginald Perrin

long story mate- half your first team from last year decides they fancy life over at st.day coz there is more money------opps i mean incentives over there than there is at portreath.

same old record being played... nothing to do with roger leaving too? but whatever you do bundi dont slag him off as i bet your hoping hhe will come back? how many players left you who now are playing at st day 1st? i'm guessing 4? hardly half the team when you had a squad of 14. where are the other 10? maybe should stop blame others for wanting to play for a better team - that goes for every player you lost not just the guys who went to the club you seemingly have a personal vendetter against

get over the past or you will never be able to move forward

:c:

Guest Bundiwilliams

i dont have any kind of personal problem with st.day- as the post states half of our first team went to st.day, so 5 players to st.day is half sorry not quite!!!!!

ya roger leaving was a big loss for the club and yes i would love him to come back but then i think any club would love to have roger in control but the main reason for the mess is lack of stability within the committee.

we had two weeks to go til season startds and everyone walks out, there is your problem!!!!!!!

so reginald perrin, i dont care a toss about what st.day are doing and who they have got i was stating facts in my last post to why portreath was in a mess, if you dont like facts then please read other posts that are less serious!!!!

on a more positive note-----

4 new players at training last night--- all signed on and some very promising players at that!!!!!

so thankyou to the power of the forum, some postive stuff!!!!!!!!