Cornwall Football Forum

entering a team into falmouth/helston next year??

Guest Bundiwilliams

Guest Bundiwilliams

hi there,

as i new secretary i will be first to admit i dont have a clue what i am doing!!!!

how do i go about entering a team into the league next year???

can anyone help????

Guest Bundiwilliams

good question mr justice and one that many would like answered but one i cant tell you yet, i know next year with players approaching me now to come and sign next year, all players are currently happy in the team they are in which is the problem i have had getting players to portreath but they are all friends that have said yes to coming along next year.

do you know what costs are involved postie pidge????

Guest Postie Pidge

Probably something along the lines of:

£90 CCFA

£50 League

£150 Insurance

assuming you already have kit and a ground

Probably something along the lines of:

£90 CCFA

£50 League

£150 Insurance

assuming you already have kit and a ground

As far as I'm aware Sweeper the merger will take place not next season but the season after. So every team next season will have to finish in the highest possible place to avoid going down a division.

Top Half FHFL 1 merges Top Half Mining 1 - Division 1

Bottom Half FHFL 1 merges Bottom Half Mining 1 - Division 2

and so on....

you are right about the season after next rich but its a bit more complicated than top and bottom of leagues merging right down the leagues.you have to join some from the bottom of one league with some from the top of the league below :( it also depends on how many teams drop out of the leagues in the next 2 years as teams seem to be dropping like flys at the minute. who knows we may have to combine with the combo league :wacko:;) :rolleyes:

Mergers between the Combo and what remains of the other two leagues would create difficulties regarding the standard of facilities, wouldn't it?

No, the requirement for a minimum level of facilities to enter the Premier division would still apply, again as per Devon & Exeter League.

It is not certain yet that Portreath, even finishing bottom, will be thrown out of the Combo.

With Wendron leaving the SWPL Div 1 West there is now a space to be filled by either a team from the ECPL or Combo or Duchy or from Devon.

If the team comes from the Combo, say Helston, Illogan or St day then unless there are at least two teams applying for Combo membership, Portreath might live to fight another year as have Ludgvan many times.

One team off the top one to join. If two teams apply and are suitable then Portreath are vunerable as one will go from the top and one off the bottom.

Which teams want to apply for the combo this season? Pendeen, Falmouth Albion, Robarts, Halstown? anyone got a clue yet?