Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League results 14/11

Div 3

St.Buryan 1 Madron 5 h/t 0-2

Madron fully deserved their win at St.Buryan scoring two goals in the first half against the wind and though the home team came more into the game in the second half,Madron counter attacked with precision.

Always nice to referee at St.Buryan,a very welcoming and hospitable club with good facilities.Also nice to catch up with Geoff,Ian,Charlie and Wingers Shins.

Oh,and a win on the club raffle made the day even better!

gwinear 6 chace res 3 :thumbsup:

turned into a good day for playing football!!! pitch held up well. Think gwin deserved win despite giving away goals again!!!! chace could of caused more of a threat if they stuck to playing football,but a few lost there heads at times. all came back for a beer though so good luck for rest of season :drink:

gwin scorers:-

ry turner 2

barney 2

jt 1

baggie 1

Div 3

St.Buryan 1 Madron 5 h/t 0-2

Madron fully deserved their win at St.Buryan scoring two goals in the first half against the wind and though the home team came more into the game in the second half,Madron counter attack :SM_carton_y: ed with precision.

Always nice to referee at St.Buryan,a very welcoming and hospitable club with good facilities.Also nice to catch up with Geoff,Ian,Charlie and Wingers Shins.

Cheers soccer follower. A pleasure as always! Shame about the result! :SM_carton_y:

Mining 3

Goonhavern res 2 - 2 Perranporth 3rds

The elements meant the game was going to be a rather tricky affair...but both teams put in 100% commitment and sometimes wasn't for the faint hearted...Perran played better against the wind and took the lead after 10mins...Goonhavern thankfully got themselves back in it when Mr Oates dropped a high cross and gave Andy Mills an easy tap in from 3 yards...and then we took the lead with a deflected shot from Dan Hankers. Should of held on till half time but Perran equalised from a corner with a header that gave the keeper and Craigey on the line no chance....HT 2-2 now down to gritty determination and hard work...we managed to held on... Perran had a few chances near the end and Gareth pulled a cracking save right at the death that gave us a point...Perran probably thought they should of won it....we had some decent chances in the 1st half...but after last weeks debacle ... a point is better than nothing...

Mining 1

Illogan 4 - 3 Goonhavern 1sts....sounds like a cracker!!

Mining 3

The elements meant the game was going to be a rather tricky affair...but both teams put in 100% commitment and sometimes wasn't for the faint hearted...Perran played better against the wind and took the lead after 10mins...Goonhavern thankfully got themselves back in it when Mr Oates dropped a high cross and gave Andy Mills an easy tap in from 3 yards...and then we took the lead with a deflected shot from Dan Hankers. Should of held on till half time but Perran equalised from a corner with a header that gave the keeper and Craigey on the line no chance....HT 2-2 now down to gritty determination and hard work...we managed to held on... Perran had a few chances near the end and Gareth pulled a cracking save right at the death that gave us a point...Perran probably thought they should of won it....we had some decent chances in the 1st half...but after last weeks debacle ... a point is better than nothing...

Mining 1

dannys shot wasn't deflected , their player tried walking it out and got tackled, the ball went nicely to dan and he shot and lofted it over keeper, thought i'd put it right before he lamps you next week!!!! lol :D

Mining 3

Mining 1

dannys shot wasn't deflected , their player tried walking it out and got tackled, the ball went nicely to dan and he shot and lofted it over keeper, thought i'd put it right before he lamps you next week!!!! lol :D

Danny lamping me...lol......I couldn't believe that Danny had scored...so I had to say it was deflected...which I think was banded around in the dressing room after the game...so taking the general point of view from the lads!! :clapper:

CNB 1 West cornwall 1

Game of 2 halves, New boys had the better first 45, and went in half time 1-0. West cornwall scored within 5mins of the restart and had more chances in the second. 1-1 probably a fair result but a little disapointed that we didn't give more of a game of it in the second half. Both keepers were kept busy throughout the game, but majority of play was in the midfield. Cannot believe how good the weather was today and think too many teams called there games off far to early as conditions were great. Thanks for a good competitive game. See you at yours.

mining 2

madron 4 titans 3

not at game but i know the boys are not happy with the result <_<

titans scorers

m.mitchell 2

b. penberthy :c:

Pat we've only ourself to blame in many ways, but what im gonna say now might upset some people :angry2: the ref today was an absolute 100% fuc!!ng joke, madron should have had 2 players sent off for what can only be described as potential season ending tackles, and we should have had a penalty stevie wonder could have given, when a madron player with his arms fully extended to his sides used his hand to block the ball being crossed, add to that the madron lino put his flag up everytime we went forward oh and the ref also giving offsides when 30 yards behind play how anyone not in line with play can give an offside is beyond me, apart from that had a very nice afternoon i also think the madron lads are a very decent bunch well done today, Im off fishing. :SM_carton::SM_carton_y: :angry2:

mining 2

madron 4 titans 3

not at game but i know the boys are not happy with the result <_<

titans scorers

m.mitchell 2

b. penberthy :c:

Pat we've only ourself to blame in many ways, but what im gonna say now might upset some people :angry2: the ref today was an absolute 100% fuc!!ng joke, madron should have had 2 players sent off for what can only be described as potential season ending tackles, and we should have had a penalty stevie wonder could have given, when a madron player with his arms fully extended to his sides used his hand to block the ball being crossed, add to that the madron lino put his flag up everytime we went forward oh and the ref also giving offsides when 30 yards behind play how anyone not in line with play can give an offside is beyond me, apart from that had a very nice afternoon i also think the madron lads are a very decent bunch well done today, Im off fishing. :SM_carton::SM_carton_y::angry2:

Don't get me wrong madron outplayed us on the day 11-1 speaks for it's self. but should have been about 11-5 if their lino played it fair. think he might have something wrong with his arm. Don't think you will be the last to complain about this throughout the season, but if you need to win games like that, oh well!!

WHERE DO I START FIRST

WELL LOOKS LIKE ITS YOU GAFF IF YOU SHOULD OF SCORED 5 AND WE SHOULD OF HAD 20 IF IT WAS NOT FOR YOUR LINESMAN YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT YOUR TEAM MORE THEN OTHER PEOPLES LINESMANS

NOW YOU PETER SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE A VERY BAD LOSER THE BETTER TEAM WON ON THE DAY AND WHAT WAS THE TWO SEASON ENDING TACKLES IF ANYONE SHOULD OFF BEEN SEND OFF ITS YOUR PLAYER FOR ELBOWING A 16 YEAROLD OFF THE BALL

WHERE DO I START FIRST

WELL LOOKS LIKE ITS YOU GAFF IF YOU SHOULD OF SCORED 5 AND WE SHOULD OF HAD 20 IF IT WAS NOT FOR YOUR LINESMAN YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT YOUR TEAM MORE THEN OTHER PEOPLES LINESMANS

NOW YOU PETER SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE A VERY BAD LOSER THE BETTER TEAM WON ON THE DAY AND WHAT WAS THE TWO SEASON ENDING TACKLES IF ANYONE SHOULD OFF BEEN SEND OFF ITS YOUR PLAYER FOR ELBOWING A 16 YEAROLD OFF THE BALL

Don't think you remember the game too well mate, think your team was only called for offside once or twice and they were by a country mile. Like I said lets see how many more times we hear about it, i'll be counting. And correct you guys should have had 20, but nothing to do with being called wrongly offside. On the day if i'm correct in saying this is Moony, you was a crap shot and spooned numerous chances and the reson your team didn't have more.

THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD BE COUNTING IS HOW MANY IS HITTING THE BACK OF YOUR NET SHAG!!!!!

Can't lost count already. SHAG x x x Hey we do it for fun, didn't want to advance a league, and have some loyal players. When the going gets tough, the players stay around.

I play for madrn and i ddnt witness 2 season endin tackles... if the tackes you are on about here my tackle on pete barnes and matt thomas on the lad in the box... tbh just goin for the ball pal... i think your clutching at straws for why you lost... we beat you and the only way you can put nthings right is by tryin to beat uswhen we play again... do have to say i thought the titans boys were bunch of good lads.... i did apologse for my tackle cause i know i was late... other than the two 'season ending tackles' i see you did fail to see the blatent punch in the back by your player on our player danny ford... fordy was class today and the kid has big potential... will go far!!!

see you at yours boys! am lookin forward to it... not enjoyed a game lik todays in a while! x

Madron scorers:

DANNY FORD 3

DALE VIGUS 1

GET ON YOU JANNERS

GREEN ARMY!!!!!!

IS THAT WHY HALF OF YOUR TEAM WENT TO STORM RES AS THE BETTER PLAYERS LIKE PETE AND ALEX BARNES AND THE REST SEEN WHAT WAS COMING SHAG!!!!!!!!!!!! HOME GROWN FULL BLOWN SHAG!!!!!!!!

WELL GAFF YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO BUY FOOTBALL BOOTS HA HA

Mining 3

Mining 1

[/quote

Danny lamping me...lol......I couldn't believe that Danny had scored...so I had to say it was deflected...which I think was banded around in the dressing room after the game...so taking the general point of view from the lads!! :clapper:

chill mate, we know its a surprise that dan got one :P well there was a hint of offside lol,

IS THAT WHY HALF OF YOUR TEAM WENT TO STORM RES AS THE BETTER PLAYERS LIKE PETE AND ALEX BARNES AND THE REST SEEN WHAT WAS COMING SHAG!!!!!!!!!!!! HOME GROWN FULL BLOWN SHAG!!!!!!!!

WELL GAFF YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO BUY FOOTBALL BOOTS HA HA

First one to agree with that one, and that was a thank you to the players who stayed around. Pete I agree with. Great keeper. You are joking about alex though ain't you ????? But to be fair on us we are ahead of storm in the league. Hopefully we stay there too.

I wish I wasn't on the pitch as was never my intention when my mates and I started the team 2 and a half years ago. But at the moment I unfortuantly have to put my boots on each week. We wasn't ready to advance a league, and that it showing from our results. But hey ho making the players put in everything they have got and i'm thankful for that.

Gaff... im just gonna let our football do the talkin now... cause it definately did today... dont see why you gttin agro... we beat you... cant be changed...

GREEN ARMY X :P

I don't seem to remember anything I have written which is agro.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: GOOD LUCK FOR THE SEASON GAFF

Thank you and too yourselves, think you will be there or there about in winning the league think it's going to be a great battle at the top this year. Glad we can sit back on the touchline and not worry about be part of the battle. We enjoy playing and thats what it's all about. COME ON CNB.

barnsey you really are a joke saying season ending tackles? you might wanna take up netball next season mate :clapper: and as for the pen you said his hands was by his side then you gunna struggle to get a pen. then you say the ref is giving offsides 30 yards behind play and how can anyone not in line can give that???? was you stood next to the linesman to give that statement? i think not and if your so good and the ref was that much of a joke i suggest that instead of netball you might wanna be a ref next season :ninja:

barnsey you really are a joke saying season ending tackles? you might wanna take up netball next season mate :clapper: and as for the pen you said his hands was by his side then you gunna struggle to get a pen. then you say the ref is giving offsides 30 yards behind play and how can anyone not in line can give that???? was you stood next to the linesman to give that statement? i think not and if your so good and the ref was that much of a joke i suggest that instead of netball you might wanna be a ref next season :ninja:

look at the text again its says fully extended to his sides :SM_carton: and if thats the standard that you need to achieve to ref a game then i ll be down for that!!Did he travel from hayle with the madron boys by any chance??? :yahoo:

Well wasnt going to say anything about the game this week,when you lose & come on saying this & that naturally people accuse you of moaning. I like to think i speak the truth always especially on a game, & yesterday in my words was like this, perfect pitch considering the weather over the previous days & we started brightly in fact i thought we were the better team for 15 mins & then we gave a goal away through our own error 1-0 ten more minutes of us playing football & we have our just rewards 1-1. At this point we are on top but unfortunately the lino who looked know more than 16-17-18 just couldent stop flagging for everything he really was poor. Then our player was one on one and the ref gave us offside from 30 yds back & guess what the lino didnt flag, :o was the ref & jm10 mates, well regardless, decisions got worse all afternoon. I spoke to the ref at half time who was a gentleman and just reminded him that there was two sides on the pitch. We had'a laugh back into the changing rooms. Half time 1-1 . Second half and within 4 mins we conceded 2 goals through poor defending needless to say are player Wayne Brown had been deliberately fouled which of course the referee did not see AGAIN, Madron played on and scored. We then scored our second to make it 3-2 after which i believe a certain ref had to check with the lino YES flag up again, however on this occasion & considering he d given us nothing all game it stood. We then commited another piece of atrocius defending & gave them there fourth,4-2 needless to say you have to be there to score them well done to there player for that, we then continued to push and scored our third from a header, yeh lino flagged but ref gave it, how kind before comments are replied that the ref did us favours we were that far on side he had no bloody choice. Anyway summing up final score 4-3 Madron no probs with jamie, ref disgrace, lino words fail me but when we have Martin eddy & lads that give things to opposition more than there own what enjoyment can that lino have, only one word CHEAT, tea lady & fellas in the club lovely. Special mention must go to their captain with 1 minute remaining our player marcus missed a shot from about 10yds out to which the captain walked towards him laughing & screaming obsenities in his face,congratulations to you, all your players must look up to to you & some certainly follow your example,their was an armband given out which your club received pre-season it has RESPECT written upon it, perhaps you might care to look the word up because you certainly dont have any.

See you in a few weeks time i for one am looking forward to it.

Storm 2 redruth utd 1

A good battling performance from both sides fair result in the end but we need to improve and play like we did 2nd half consistently.

Good luck to Darren and his team a lot more positives this week i guess.

Well put Matt both sides did battle, the game was very scrappy, well done to redruth to bounce back from last weeks game, nice bunch of lads who tried very hard yesterday to not give us any room. Well done to my mate sammo gr8 seeing you and i wish you all the very best at Redruth.

Mining 3

Carbis Bay 1 Rosudgeon Res 1.

A really cracking game :clapper:

Today was a real test for my side,And i could'nt be happier for the lads.They fought all day long against a very good,strong,compact footballing unit.

With the weather conditions and a very 'fiesty' match,I have to say the referee done a very good job of keeping a lid on the game which both teams really went for the win with everything they had.

With Rosudgeon playing against the wind in the 1st half we battled superbly and defended likewise,With Oz in goal and the backline simply awesome.Carbis Bay are a very good side but you could see the frustration at them coming in 0-0 at half time.If they had under estimated us before the game they were'nt going to do the same again in the 2nd half.

Both teams came out going for the win 2nd half and it really made for a great game.Carbis Bay got a free-kick on the edge of the box which was somehow squeezed in at the near-post 1.0.

But the lads never dropped,Carried on playing to the plan still believed in what we're about,Carbis carried on pushing for the 2nd killer goal but the lads stood firm at the back and carried on pushing for the equaliser.And when it came it was simply bazarre!!!!!!!!!!

Another launching rocket from Oz in goal somehow caused mayhem in the box and went in,There may have been a touch from a defender,But i'm giving to Oz :thumbsup:

It was no more than we deserved.Both teams pushed for the winner with Carbis having 2 or 3 one-on-ones which Oz dealt with superb ease.

Rosudgeon had 2 or 3 chances of there own with the team pressing and playing some great football at time's.But overall the draw was a fair result.

The whole squad was superb today and really showed although we only put this squad together in the summer, The togetherness and team spirit aswell as the way they both fight and play for eachother is real credit to everyone of them. :thumbsup:

All the best to Carbis Bay,There a good bunch and many will come and fail at there place,Looking forward to the return match at ours :smiley20:

Goonhavern at home next week for us as we keep plugging away.

No Donkey this week,I cuold'nt give it after that performance.

Man of the Match: I could give it to all 14 players afer that team effort,But i've gotta give it to John Heatherington.In a nutshell he was simply awesome the best display of the season.And that could be said for the whole squad :c:

Carbis Bay UTD 1 - 1 Rosudgeon

Carbis Bay didn't turn up today and never really got started! Both teams were well up for the game with the first 10mins seeing some very strong challanges. Carbis Bay played with the wind first half and failed to capitalise, they did have a few chances all of wich were saved or we were caught offside. Rosudgeon also had a couple of chances mainly coming from set plays.

0 - 0 h/t

Second half the wind had dropped off and both teams had all to play for. Carbis bay had most of the chances and managed to pass the ball around a bit more and found the feet of Mikey Peck who got through the Rosudgeon defence a good few times and found himself one on one with the keeper but again some great stops and squandered chances left the home team not finding the back of the net!!! With 20 to play Lee Norman managed to turn a set play whipped in by Ross Stevens to get us on the score sheet! With no major threat from Rosudgeon other than the huge kicks from the keeper all we had to do was keep nice and tight and not do anything silly!!!! Having said that in the last 10 mins the Roudgeon keeper smashed one from box to box, wich our centre back then tried to chest back to our keeper who was running out to collect and put it past him and into our own net!!!!!!!!!!!

In the end probably a fair result as Rosudgeon did battle and deserved to get something from this game.

For Carbis Bay we left very disappointed in our performance as a team and the fact of dropping two points at home from a stupid mistake just rubbed salt in the wounds!!!

Best of luck to Rosudgeon, great bunch of lads and we look forward to the return fixture!!

Carbis Bay UTD 1 - 1 Rosudgeon

Carbis Bay didn't turn up today and never really got started! Both teams were well up for the game with the first 10mins seeing some very strong challanges. Carbis Bay played with the wind first half and failed to capitalise, they did have a few chances all of wich were saved or we were caught offside. Rosudgeon also had a couple of chances mainly coming from set plays.

0 - 0 h/t

Second half the wind had dropped off and both teams had all to play for. Carbis bay had most of the chances and managed to pass the ball around a bit more and found the feet of Mikey Peck who got through the Rosudgeon defence a good few times and found himself one on one with the keeper but again some great stops and squandered chances left the home team not finding the back of the net!!! With 20 to play Lee Norman managed to turn a set play whipped in by Ross Stevens to get us on the score sheet! With no major threat from Rosudgeon other than the huge kicks from the keeper all we had to do was keep nice and tight and not do anything silly!!!! Having said that in the last 10 mins the Roudgeon keeper smashed one from box to box, wich our centre back then tried to chest back to our keeper who was running out to collect and put it past him and into our own net!!!!!!!!!!!

In the end probably a fair result as Rosudgeon did battle and deserved to get something from this game.

For Carbis Bay we left very disappointed in our performance as a team and the fact of dropping two points at home from a stupid mistake just rubbed salt in the wounds!!!

Best of luck to Rosudgeon, great bunch of lads and we look forward to the return fixture!!

dont worry,my son even i missed one on ones.cant score them all mate :yahoo: :yahoo:

looks like this marksy and his titans need to work on defending , rather than talking a good game and moaning at officials when they lose. ha ha :D

Perhaps you should look at our goals against winston & if an official is poor i wont let them know just on here i will tell them after & in between the game then i put it on here. Obviously winston you werent there so you dont really know what happened. :wacko:

Jesse you cannot defend your linesman or linesmen you know what went on i see you dont mention anything else, it was either to much to write or we at Titans have every right to feel hard done by. This is our second defeat this season the previous to illogan perhaps you should see what i wrote it mainly focused on a much deserved win for illogan & a ref who had an injury from the previous day he told us he might struggle & he did he gave decisions that were wrong all game difference was he did it to both teams. We dont have a lot of refs i admit but this is a forum to express opinions on your club team players whatever to a certain extent, if you knew me you would know i only speak my mind, & try to tell it like it is sometimes (no most of the time)i shout first & ask questions later, wrong i know but i say what i see, its never nice to call people a cheat maybe they were both naive either way you cannot argue every time we had a decision against us the majority of it funnily had come from your lino and straight away agreed by the ref. Perhaps our lino is naive for not putting his flag up but at this football club he would be put straight. Final note Madron won 4-3 cant change that just would of been nice to of had an even game.

Guest Bundiwilliams

what a game it must have been down madron!!!!!!

it doesnt matter what happened a team always moans if they lose when they dont expect to, all you have to do is make sure the next time you meet them is bloody give them what you think you should have done in the game you lost!!!!!!

ya ref's can under perform, linesman might cheat but hell if it wasnt for them you guys would be christmas shopping with your wifes!!!!! so lighten up football isnt life or death just bounce back, you know your gonna be top 3 this year dont get distracted by a minnor hiccup!!!!

well done madron on the other hand, great bunch of boys, a couple of loose cannons down there, but every team needs that!!!!

gaff------ what the hell are you on about, storm are above us in the league by a point and could be 4 by sunday if you dont get off this forum and concentrate on the game on saturday, we all know why players left -----because your a bloody idiot, thats why i signed for ya lol

but seriously on saturday you have a bloody tough game, storm reserves are a bloody good team, in my opinion better than there first team, they train hard they have a good leader and they all go out and party together, they will be tough to break down because they dont play for a club they play for there friends which in my opion is a tough bond to break down!!!!!

what a game it must have been down madron!!!!!!

it doesnt matter what happened a team always moans if they lose when they dont expect to, all you have to do is make sure the next time you meet them is bloody give them what you think you should have done in the game you lost!!!!!!

ya ref's can under perform, linesman might cheat but hell if it wasnt for them you guys would be christmas shopping with your wifes!!!!! so lighten up football isnt life or death just bounce back, you know your gonna be top 3 this year dont get distracted by a minnor hiccup!!!!

well done madron on the other hand, great bunch of boys, a couple of loose cannons down there, but every team needs that!!!!

gaff------ what the hell are you on about, storm are above us in the league by a point and could be 4 by sunday if you dont get off this forum and concentrate on the game on saturday, we all know why players left -----because your a bloody idiot, thats why i signed for ya lol

but seriously on saturday you have a bloody tough game, storm reserves are a bloody good team, in my opinion better than there first team, they train hard they have a good leader and they all go out and party together, they will be tough to break down because they dont play for a club they play for there friends which in my opion is a tough bond to break down!!!!!

Bundi what are you rattling on about?

The 2nd team are not as good as the first team, simple as that. There are players that could make the step up as far as I'm concerned, and quite a few, but as a team the 1st team are obviously stronger.

As for all the talk, it is a case for New Boys of doing what you say above... and going back and beating Storm Reserves... because in the previous meeting the game was very one-sided. The reserves are in a stronger position now than they were then and so this should turn out to be a good game, as I believe New Boys have strengthened too.

I know it wasn't you who said this but... All this junk about New Boys players all going to Storm is silly. Some of them have of course, but this is because Storm have had to completely re-build the reserve team this year due to an exodus of players in 2 directions. Some of them play up in Plymouth now, the rest wear a lovely pink stripey kit I hear!

Gaff - Sorry to burst your bubble but you are actually a point behind Storm Res in the league having played the same amount of games, still good result for you guys Sat. :clapper:

This could turn out to be one hell of derby in years to come, if going of what the first couple of seasons have been like.

Guest Bundiwilliams

only a rumour i hear but first team players dont train coz they just dont do training??????

thats just a long list i keep hearing about but i wont go into it because what happens in a club stays in a club!

but you guys have issues at storm better get the two divided teams into a club again before you turn into portreath!!!!

not once have i ever bad mouthed Storm infact i have always admired the club and always wanted to play for you guys, but this year things have changed, you have upset the loyal plymouth guys, you have joint managers in first team, one that has more important things to concentrate on than football, you have a reserve team which would probably love to kick you off the pitch rather than play with ya.

i have seen this happen before, has portreath written all over it!!!!!!!!

hope you sort it out before too late

So where has all this information that you have come from? The Plymouth boys and the club stopped working together and they were the ones that didn't train... which is fair enough as it is a long way for Mining football.

As for all the other stuff I'm interested to hear where this has come from. if it is a Storm player then maybe they should be re-thinking where they want to play their football? To be honest the club s a whole have only just started to train again as I'm sure you're aware... so how any comments can be made after one session with a day's notice is pretty idiotic to me.

I think you will find that players in the reserve team have their own issues I agree, but it has nothing to do with the 1st team!

mmmmm interesting, I do not think even the most rose tinted, ardent, second team supporter would say they are as good as our first team, let alone better. As Pricey said there are a couple of players who could complement the 1st team but that would be about it.

As to the joint 1st team manager nonsense we don't have joint managers at the club!!! I think as secretary I would know if we did, and if you had been present in our changing room the last couple of games I don't think you could question anyone's commitment management or players.

I agree the atmosphere could be better especially in the 1st team, but when you have 14 new players come into a club it takes a while to bond, anyway we'll see how many turn up 2nite!!