Cornwall Football Forum

Is it time for Benitez to go??

If we lose to Lyon in midweek which on current form i think we will, surely it is time for him to go, he has spent a fortune on dozens of players most of which are average at best, and this season some of his decisions defy belief, at this rate we will struggle to get top six let alone top four without torres and gerrard we are an average mid table team. Not sure who would replace him maybe King Kenny with Sammy Lee as assistant but something has got to change and quickly

Liverpool are far too dependent on Torres and Gerrard. The rest of the team are quite average and losing Alonso was the real killer for their title ambitions. Whether another manager at the helm would change much is questionable - you haven't the financial muscle to compete with the likes of the Manc clubs and Chavski.

Makes NO difference at all whether he should stay or go. The fact is, Liverpool CAN'T afford to let him go. It would cost £20million minimum, just to sack him, then there's the extra expense that would come with any possible replacement wanting to get in players of his choice. Then there's compensating the rest of the coaching staff etc etc.

The Yanks appear to have put the club in extreme financial trouble, and it seems that nobody can see a way for that to change with them still in control..

Coopsie!! well said, exactly!!

I don't want Benitez to go, but to compete at the very top now, you need money, the Americans haven't got that, but the club isn't in as bad financial shit as people think!! The yanks just have no idea how to run a club like Liverpool.

I'll always support whoever is manager of Liverpool Football Club and thats what every Liverpool fan should do.

No, it isn't, at least not yet.

Knocking the American owners is a whole cottage industry for LFC at the moment; some of it is simple xenophobic hysteria, but the fact is that the new ownership is dysfunctional, and as a result the team has not moved forward at all (how's that new, bigger stadium coming along?) and may even have stepped back.

I don't think G&H realized how expensive it is to run an EPL team; it's one thing to have the cash to buy it, but then you've got the pay the wages and come up with outrageous transfer fees (something they're not used to here in North America). They got in over their head, and the sooner they're out the better.

Having said that, Benitez's side should be better than it is. Even with the G&H disarray, LFC are still richer -- and should be deeper -- than Fulham (or Fiorentina!). So why aren't they?

Coopsie!! well said, exactly!!

I don't want Benitez to go, but to compete at the very top now, you need money, the Americans haven't got that, but the club isn't in as bad financial shit as people think!! The yanks just have no idea how to run a club like Liverpool.

I'll always support whoever is manager of Liverpool Football Club and thats what every Liverpool fan should do.

HERE HERE YNWA

as i said on another thread beating utd was their cup final.

what about his decisions taking off torres and benyhon (you know who i mean).when your losing why take off your best attacking options or has benites accepted that they cannot win the league already and was resting players for the champions league? <_<

Just a quick thought,

'Was anyone else on here sat in the away end at Anfield a few years back listening to the chants of 'U.S.A,U.S.A'. when the Glaziers first came into Manchester,Don't forget that was apparently the end of Manchester United.'

SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS,Comes to mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for 1 am so glad they can't afford to sack The Looney Fat One,Just for my own personal amusement. :lol::lol::lol:

And yes Liverpool won the 1st leg of there season last week,And may well yet win the 2nd leg return.

WELL DONE :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Same as last year..............Gerrard kisses the camera,Giggsy kisses the Prem trophy. :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo: