Cornwall Football Forum

Arsenal v Liverpool

Mangle

Arsenal

• Arsenal, the 1987 and 1993 winners, have reached at least the last eight in each of the last six seasons.

• The Gunners have a 100% home record this season, having won all of their seven matches at the Emirates Stadium.

Liverpool

• Liverpool have not won away from home since their victory at Leeds in the previous round (22 Sept).

• They are also yet to score an away goal since that match at Elland Road.

HOME WIN come on you Gunners!!!

This is probably a question for both sets of fans, as they are more in the know than me!

Will both sides employ their usual strategy of playing fringe/squad players or will there be a mix and match of the 1st team regulars and fringe players.

My line of thinking is due to,

a - Arsene Wenger statement last week at Arsenal's AGM that they will win a trophy this season, and the Carling Cup is one of the 4 main competitions they enter, gotta keep the options open!

b - Rafa Benitez may think a good cup win at Arsenal will only keep the momentum going from Sunday' victory against Man Utd.

Mangle, you've just picked a little bit out of the BBC article!!

Liverpool are the most successful side in the competition!!!

I'm going for a home win as well, due to the fact that your reserve team are better than ours. Would have gone, but can't be bothered to spend the money (tickets are cheap though) in getting there, to watch football in a corporate stadium that lacks any sort of atmosphere!

I think Arsenal will win 3-1

Liverpool, who beat Manchester United on Sunday, are the most successful club in League Cup history and are bidding to lift the trophy for a record eighth time.

But the omens are against them ahead of their trip to the capital. Liverpool have been knocked out of this competition by London clubs in each of the last five seasons, suffering defeats against Chelsea (twice), Arsenal, Tottenham and Crystal Palace.

Head-to-head

• Liverpool are unbeaten in the last seven league and cup matches between these clubs, although five have been drawn.

• Arsenal's last win against Liverpool was 6-3 at Anfield in the League Cup quarter-final in January 2007.

Tight one

Guest Rob P aka class of 93

70's?first season of the premiership 92-93 season we finished fifth and top london club,long time ago i know but hopefully be soon back up there! :clapper:

Guest Rob P aka class of 93

Well, I recall with great fondness the New Years Day live game from Old Trafford in 1992........1-4 to the mighty QPR. What a game that was to start the year! Bring back the hoops I say!

Thanks,yes what a day!a Dennis Bailey hat trick what happened to him?

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that this was Liverpools 5th defeat in the last 6 games surely this isn't good enough for a club of this stature.

I was surprised to see the reserves out for both sides as both managers desperatly need to win a trophy Liverpools only realistic chance of a trophy is now the FA cup, but never mind you beat United that should appease the Anfield faithful for another year and I'm sure next season will be 'your year' AGAIN.