Cornwall Football Forum

contact??????

Guest Bundiwilliams

Guest Bundiwilliams

as a very useless secretary for portreath, who can i contact to see what takes priority this saturday, a junior cup game or a Combination league game???

i have tried john roberts but no answer, emailed him.

also where can i find a referee list for saturday?????

I was told by the CCFA that the Junior Cup should take precedence. Our Reserves incorrectly called off their Junior Cup game at home to Wendron in the last round so we could field a Combo side who were away to Wendron the same day this was due to most the 1st team being away with Naval Air Command Football in Guernsey.

I was told this was wrong because Junior Cup is a County competition and because most of those that started in the Combo game versus Wendron on the same day were Reserves, we should have cancelled that game and fullfilled the Junior Cup fixture.

If in doubt contact Morag at the CCFA. I hope this helps?

Guest Bundiwilliams

i am now waiting for contact from redruth united regarding the pitch on saturday, i have spoke to county and they say redruth have priority

Guest Bundiwilliams

it doesnt matter how long each team have been using it, both teams pay same amount, but i have emailed darren and suggested i re-arrange our game as he has done us favours in the past, i also contacted county and junior cup takes priority

I dont think that Portreath game will need to be called off as according to Andy Mead there are only 3 games scheduled at Clijah on Saturday. All Redruth Utd have to do is use the spair pitch and then both matches can go ahead as Combination game has to be played on the top pitch.

Cheers

I dont think that Portreath game will need to be called off as according to Andy Mead there are only 3 games scheduled at Clijah on Saturday. All Redruth Utd have to do is use the spair pitch and then both matches can go ahead as Combination game has to be played on the top pitch.

Cheers

dont think its as easy as that the spare pitch is awful and i dont think redruth will want to play a important junior cup game on it especially as they pay more money for the senior one

Hi Sammo

Yeah i know what you mean, its a tricky one as we don't want to cancel games as there are enough fixtures in combo as there is let alone cancelling some! We already had two cancelled games as we didnt play Ludgvan 1st match of season and had Porthleven away rearranged for some reason!! The top pitch isnt in great condition itself! I was just thinking of a way that both games could be played, seems a little bit silly to call a game off and have a pitch there free!! But i understand that Redruth do pay the same as Portreath for the pitch as i send the bills out!

Sam

Guest Bundiwilliams

it has been decided that redruth united will use the main pitch on saturday, so i have spoke to league and portreaths game is now being re-arranged, it is unfair on redruth united to be pushed onto another pitch!!!!