Cornwall Football Forum

The Ashes march on in the Vase

Bodmin 1 Saltash 2

Saltash Scorers Chris Wright and Paul Chuwen

A deserved victory, Bodmin are still a good side, theres just something missing compared to the side of last year.

Darren Gilbert was very reserved as well (good to see)

Just wondering....... how many clubs charge to get into their grandstands?????????

Yes, Saltash United did deserve to win tonight, a first class "team performance".

Darren Gilbert was rather did behave himself for the vast majority of the game. However i did find his comments to the referee a little irratating. Why did Darren accuse the referee of "ruining the game", when free kicks and the like, did not go Bodmins way?

£1 extra to sit in that carbuncle of grandstand is a joke and to top it off they charged me £1 for a cup of tea.

Yes, £1 for a cup of tea!!! :SM_carton:

Do any other clubs charge as much as that for a cup of tea?

Think I'll bunk in across the pitches next time with me flask and shooting stick.

Good game though! Well worth a fiver!

Up the Ashes :yahoo:

Falmouth have started charging this season but the monies only go towards the work needed on it.

I have been charged (well, they tried to, but I decided to go elsewhere) to sit in the stand in previous seasons at Falmouth.

Sorry Pidge, feel like I'm having an anti-Falmouth day! Just to clarify, I love your club and it's one of my favourite away days!

Ya having a laugh! Is this the clubs plan to make Bickland Park safe?

Dont charge to sit in it seems a bit desperate. Next their be charging for the toilets (which has no toilet seat) to pay their 60000 grand tax bill!

:angry2:

Guest Postie Pidge

:clapper: £60000? hahaha I love it when people make numbers up!

Feel free to bring your own toilet seat so we don't have to charge you.

Well done Saltash by the way :clapper:

:clapper: £60000? hahaha I love it when people make numbers up!

Feel free to bring your own toilet seat so we don't have to charge you.

Would you like me to donate one?? As supporters cant be that important to you.

ok i will GO trago and donate a toilet seat for the supporters of Falmouth! :thumbsup:

Behind the scenes cant be hard if things are done right. If they were you wouldnt have a 40000 tax bill!

Up the Town!

no thanks there are too many people down bickland who are singing from different hymn sheets. you sort them out postie, tell them to worry about the team when the ground is safe!