Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint out of junior cup

It's true, brian stacey played and scored four against st dominick.

The saints have now been reinstated i here.

They didnt deserve to go out anyway after there performance, they should of won it in normal time, but torpoint where fitter in extra time and derserved there win during that period.

But if the saints are to be reinstated they could be outsiders to go all the way in the competition, seeing gunni have also been knocked out!

This is their second admin error costing them a game this season as Foxhole picked up 3 league points cos of clerical mishap. Still think they will be up there at the close but you cant afford too many simple mistakes like this. You would def know the length of a ban on a chap who scores almost every match he plays in. <_<

As I understand it. The player in questions ban was not yet in force, this is as a result of the appeal that was made by Torpoint following the incident at the Lamerton game which was subsequently heard by the Cornwall FA after the game at the weekend.

If my information is correct then Torpoint would not have played an illegal player and the result would stand, however this is only how I understand it.

Torpoint underperformed in the game and missed a number of there more creative players but in my opinion were still the deserved winners.

I have managed to watch a couple of their games this season and whilst I would agree they have not had quite the start they were looking for I think the Premier is a lot more open this year and the winning team will lose a lot more games than Edgecumbe did last year.

I would expect it to say that until updated following the outcome of the hearing.

Surely if a player is suspended but appeals, the suspensions must be placed on hold until the outcome of the hearing, otherwise what happens if the appeal is succesful but the player has already served the suspension.

I may be wrong but will wait to hear something official confirming either way. Draw is tomorrow I believe.

Guest mariner

Each season this seems to happen, last season we had the Ben Andros affair, the season before that it was Fal Town in a Game against Mousehole, and this season you have this incident already, this competition is for the players so why do the clubs try and get away with it? :SM_carton:

Mariner,

Do you think the club "tried to get away with it"?

Brian Stacey was named on the team sheet and in the newspaper reports, hardly a club being underhand, more likely a geuine mistake.

Only learnt of this when I got a mobile signal a short while ago, and will wait until I've spoken to the relevant people tomorrow before commenting further.

Of course it is totally differant, one cheated and the other was an error. Does anyone really think that Pointy Man would name someone like Stacey in his team if he thought he was banned. As for us lot we got what we deserved, bugger all.