Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 4/10 results

Star 4 Penzance Astro 3

A very good game refereed by Dave Baxter in his own inimitable style.

Given Astro's recent record, this result is something of a surprise, but was well deserved by Star.

Astro took the lead with a well taken goal, Star equalising before half time when Jamie Moonie outpaced the defender (Yes he did).

Shortly after half time Star scored again, eventually opening a 4-1 lead. Jamie was given too much space and was quite happy to, twice, bustle a lone defender off the ball to give himself chance to complete his hat-trick.

In the last 20 Astro gambled a bit, pushed forward and pulled one back. 4 -2. Then young Luke Rudkin scored with a quality cushioned volley that looped beautifully over the keeper to make it 4 -3. Sadly it was his own keeper. Aside from that, Luke had a very good game and is, clearly an excellent prospect for the future.

Astro very nearly snatched the equaliser in the last mminute but had to settle for no points.

Ref Dave gave, what I think, is the League's first, 10 out of 10 to both sides. That was well deserved. In really hard fought game, decisions were accepted without comment. Both sides were a credit to Sunday football. One or two other teams could learn from them.

wendron 0 mpad 5

Good 1st half keenly contested but mpad coming through the stronger scoring 3 1st half goals. a quick 4th goal early in the 2nd half killed the game off and all went very scrappy. a 5th 15 mins from time. cant remember wendron having a shot but they kept going till the end and had there moments on the ball without really creating anything. well refereed by nigel and all played in good spirits. A good win for mpad against a competitive side who will get there 1st win soon for sure.

Guest Postie Pidge

Booters 5 - 2 Gloweth United

Tremough 8 - 0 Threemilestone

West Cornwall 2 - 0 Truro GWRSA

Culdrose Star 4 - 3 Penzance Astro Park

Shortlanesend 3 - 2 Storm

Wendron 0 - 5 Mpad United

May be wrong, but it looks like Pidge got all the results this week in good time.

Excellent effort from all home teams.

Now get the teamsheets through on time. Remember, scan & email gets the job done very quickly.

Also, consider confirming match/referee for next week, this evening!!

Now there's a novel idea!

Guest Young Legend

well played mpad good reult again im really enjoying playing with my mates and WINNING HAHA

mpad 5 - wendron 0

line up was

graham megatron

will annear

??????

ciaron

neil carter

matt hollands

mark jeffery

james page

ben manley

mike cudlipp

darren griffo

i was playing on jamie reid wing did him every time then tried winding me up to get me sent off bad sportsmanship i say bad on ur part jay

Goals scorers were:

James page

Ben Manley

Griffo great pen m8

mike cudlipp

matt hollands

well played mpad good reult again im really enjoying playing with my mates and WINNING HAHA

mpad 5 - wendron 0

line up was

graham megatron

will annear

??????

ciaron

neil carter

matt hollands

mark jeffery

james page

ben manley

mike cudlipp

darren griffo

i was playing on jamie reid wing did him every time then tried winding me up to get me sent off bad sportsmanship i say bad on ur part jay

Goals scorers were:

James page

Ben Manley

Griffo great pen m8

mike cudlipp

matt hollands

Sorry to disagree with you mate but if your the young lad im thinking off, you were the unsporting one, leaving your foot in with studs up after every challenge is going to upset your opponent and cause them to complain! Just my opinion of course.

Very fair report of the game from 'retired for now', i thought, MPad were the better side and undoubtably deserved their win.

:c:

Ben get a grip of urself, if u kept ur mouth shut n just played football you would be a good player, but the fact is an alcholic n an off license has more self control than u!

Anyone on this site able to give us any info on Truro GWRSA? We've got them in the Sunday Cup @ home, like to know what sort of team we'll be facing. I've noticed they don't seem to contribute on this site. They seem to be one of the better sides in your leagues, is that the case?

I wouldn't worry Bumdingo, don't think any of the teams down West have a realistic chance of winning this competition. My tip would be us (St Blazey) or yourselves to win the trophy. I played against Tremough two seasons back for Queens Head in the final and we wiped the floor with them and I think they were regarded as being one of the better sides down there.

That you Ryan? I know Tremough are decent enough, I think Truro GWRSA are half decent. I think St Blazey knocked them out last season. You guys gave us a real hard game 2 weeks ago, if you play like that in the cups you've every chance of getting to the final. We've always fallen short in the Sunday cup, losing 1-0 to St Teath last season was a real blow. Chris Dingle was out that day and as you well know he can make all the difference!

Truro r quite a physical team, especially if things arent goin their way. We (Tremough) beat them 3 out of 4 times last seaon but they managed to take the league from us. Not sure on their team this season as we havent played them yet, but then r generally a good passin team.

And Tremough have the same team as last year so weve picked up were we left off last year so dont expect an easy game if yu come across us.

I think to say that YOU ripped Wendon apart is a ever so slight exageration, Young Bellend, sorry, Legend! Mpad were definately the better side on the day, there is no doubting that, but pretty much all of your attacks came strait down the middle, your central midfielders and strikers were what won Mpad the game.

As for you, granted you beat your marker once or twice but no real end product apart from your scuffed fluke toward the end. :)

Ben was outstanding on Sunday and I agree with him when he says he ripped Wendron apart. I've been told that the full back claimed to have Ben in his pocket! Everytime Ben got a run at him he left him in his wake, Ben has more pace, skill and all-round ability than the whole Wendron side. He caused you problems all game and scored a great goal towards the end which cannot be seen as fluke by anybody who knows Ben and what he is capable of.

Ben was outstanding on Sunday and I agree with him when he says he ripped Wendron apart. I've been told that the full back claimed to have Ben in his pocket! Everytime Ben got a run at him he left him in his wake, Ben has more pace, skill and all-round ability than the whole Wendron side. He caused you problems all game and scored a great goal towards the end which cannot be seen as fluke by anybody who knows Ben and what he is capable of.

Dont agree with any of that but i understand you trying to defend your team-mate. For all his 'skill and all-round ability' (your words), he clearly doesnt have an ounce of grace or tact.

What i will say is, if he is so good as you claim he is, why isnt he playing senior football. I cant see him 'ripping' many defenses apart then can you?

Admittedly he's got a lot to learn but he's only 17! He's not playing senior football yet, but I will put good money on him making the step up in the next few years. A lack of grace and tact does not make him a bad player, he does need to learn when to boast and when to keep his gob shut but there can be no doubts over his footballing ability. At 17 he is only going to get better as he matures both mentally and physically, he would probably walk into almost any side in the sunday league division 2 already and he will be a key player for Mpad all this season.

I think to say that YOU ripped Wendon apart is a ever so slight exageration, Young Bellend, sorry, Legend! Mpad were definately the better side on the day, there is no doubting that, but pretty much all of your attacks came strait down the middle, your central midfielders and strikers were what won Mpad the game.

As for you, granted you beat your marker once or twice but no real end product apart from your scuffed fluke toward the end. :)

Straight down the middle, just the way i like it, me the big fat striker haha. really enjoyed most of the game on sunday. was a good battle with the centre backs, bit of fun banter and a good game. Ben, ur words could come back to haunt u if ur not careful. you did have a very good game though ( for a change haha). oh and no handballs saving goals this week

Truro r quite a physical team, especially if things arent goin their way. We (Tremough) beat them 3 out of 4 times last seaon but they managed to take the league from us. Not sure on their team this season as we havent played them yet, but then r generally a good passin team.

And Tremough have the same team as last year so weve picked up were we left off last year so dont expect an easy game if yu come across us.

We played against Truro GWRSA in the Sunday cup sometime during the mid 90's & I can remember then rolling around on the ground with one of their players having a hand bags situation, glad to hear they haven't changed! They beat us that day 3-2. We got our revenge about 5 years ago in the same competition and beat them about 12-1. They were a lot better than that scoreline suggested. From what I hear or glean coming out of your leagues it's you guys and Truro (and goes without saying Mpad!) who are the top sides though if we manage to get past Truro GWRSA and draw another side from down west we wouldn't expect anything other than a hard game.

That you Ryan? I know Tremough are decent enough, I think Truro GWRSA are half decent. I think St Blazey knocked them out last season. You guys gave us a real hard game 2 weeks ago, if you play like that in the cups you've every chance of getting to the final. We've always fallen short in the Sunday cup, losing 1-0 to St Teath last season was a real blow. Chris Dingle was out that day and as you well know he can make all the difference!

Yeah its me mate! Is that you Dave? I'm a bit of a journeyman in the Sunday League aint I mate?

Guest WendronSun

mpad 5 - wendron 0

line up was

graham megatron

will annear

??????

ciaron

neil carter

matt hollands

mark jeffery

james page

ben manley

mike cudlipp

darren griffo

Goals scorers were:

James page

Ben Manley

Griffo great pen m8

mike cudlipp

matt hollands

Right time for this to end now!

First of all Ben I would like to take you back to a conversation we had during pre season, where I told you that you would never play for my team at Wendron because your attitude stinks. Yes, I will agree that you have some ability, but to become a great player you also need to have the right personal attributes. So is this just sour grapes?

Secondly - I do believe that MPAD were the better team on Sunday and deserved the win, so hats off to the rest of the lads, particularly the penalty by Darren or should we call him Dwight??

Thirdly - If you are going to come on here and publicly criticise my team have the decency to spell my name right!

And last but not least - If you have a problem with my team or myself, then how about coming and speaking to me, face to face, rather than hiding behind an internet forum. 17, well I'd say you are acting more like a spoilt 5 year old. GROW UP

Jamie Reed

Wendron Sunday Manager

Yeah, it's me Ryan. You are a bit of a journeyman specially for someone so young! It's like you've been around forever yet you only mid 20's!

Been around for a while mate. Had a good number of years at Safe Harbour and I chopped and changed after that cos the team folded. Really enjoyed my time with Carlyon Arms to be fair, until Glynn cocked it up and I went off to Queens Head. I'm thoroughly enjoying it at St Blazey though, its a good set-up. Sweeter even named me as skipper on Sunday after only 2 games with the club, so that was very pleasing and we won 9-0 to top it off!

And as for mid 20's, your too kind mate....i'm 30 next July!

Take it easy bud.

We played against Truro GWRSA in the Sunday cup sometime during the mid 90's & I can remember then rolling around on the ground with one of their players having a hand bags situation, glad to hear they haven't changed! They beat us that day 3-2. We got our revenge about 5 years ago in the same competition and beat them about 12-1. They were a lot better than that scoreline suggested. From what I hear or glean coming out of your leagues it's you guys and Truro (and goes without saying Mpad!) who are the top sides though if we manage to get past Truro GWRSA and draw another side from down west we wouldn't expect anything other than a hard game.

We beat Truro in the cup two seasons ago. They are quite physical, especially in midfield, and it didn't go down too well losing to a Division 2 team!