Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup 1st Round West - Results

Halsetown 6-1 Ruan Minor

Not a great game really but Halsetown always dangerous and could have had many more. Two hatrick heros (who shall remain anon!). Ruan Minor number 9 full of energy and deserved his goal. She should reward himself with a decent haircut and ditch the badger.

Goalkeeper sausage count - a measly 3

(FHFL 2) Carharrack 4 (Mining 3) Carbis Bay United 1

Unbeaten Carharrack progressed into the second round of the Junior Cup after a convincing performance over Mining League 3 outfit Carbis Bay United. Carharrack took the lead after only 3 minutes when Bay failed to clear the ball from inside their box. Bay fought back in the first half with some classy one touch passing, building up play in midfield but failed to hit the target when it counted. Going into half time Carharrack knew they had to up the momentum. Moments after the restart Carharrack scored again extending their lead must to the frustration of Carbis. This lead was extended twice more in the second half and Bay struggled to reply. However, in the dying minutes of the game Carbis pulled on back after a complete loss of concentration by the home side. The final whistle blown, finishing was the difference between the two sides.

norry sorry i could not make the game yesterday.thanks for the kind remarks. hows the player who had to go in an ambulance.

thanks for your reply.....the player in question is fine nothing broken......but to my disbelief,as we all feared the worse...he turned out the following day apparently for penzance u-18's....now call me gobsmacked,

i rang his home on monday,his mom says he was ok but sore,but did not mention that he had played on sunday??....and he did not even ring me,or explain why he could not make training on monday night...never heard from him,,,,,guess what....he's dropped..i wont be ringing him again,,must think i'm a fool...thtas not how players should react...

norry sorry i could not make the game yesterday.thanks for the kind remarks. hows the player who had to go in an ambulance.

thanks for your reply.....the player in question is fine nothing broken......but to my disbelief,as we all feared the worse...he turned out the following day apparently for penzance u-18's....now call me gobsmacked,

i rang his home on monday,his mom says he was ok but sore,but did not mention that he had played on sunday??....and he did not even ring me,or explain why he could not make training on monday night...never heard from him,,,,,guess what....he's dropped..i wont be ringing him again,,must think i'm a fool...thtas not how players should react...

Good man Norm mate, don't let some young upstart take you and his team-mates for mugs :angry2: . Hopefully your stance will act as a wake up call to him and any others thinking of "extracting the urine" whilst you're in charge?. :c: