Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup 1st Round Discussion Topic

Thought I would kick it offf before the weekend.

It's 'Bring It On' time again, so ahead of Carharrack's Junior Cup match this weekend against Carbis Bay United we have spoken to Mike Antonini of CBU to get his opinion ahead of the match.

What made you form Carbis Bay United?

Firstly the reason we have started CBU is mainly because the boys we have playing are lads that have grown up together in Carbis Bay, we all enjoy our football and most of all enjoy the banter that comes with it, on and off the pitch! We have all played at different levels and for different teams, but over the past few seasons have found ourselves in the same boat! All of us getting pissed off with the disorganisation of some clubs or the lack of commitment and so on! So we decided to reform a club that has been dormant for several years. We didnt think it would actually happen, and now realise what goes on behind the scenes!

Who should we look out for this afternoon? Is there a star in your ranks?

On the day, there are a few good players, but we rely on team spirit and effort. Stevie Hoskings has pace to burn with a nice touch. Lee Norman, our oldest player, but with that comes experience, great touch, vision and communication. And Tristan Lambert, strong, fit and an all round quality player.

What have you heard about Carharrack this season?

To be honest we don't know much about Carharrack, we know there a very strong team and an organised outfit, and for us to get a result is going to be hard fought!

Could we have your thoughts on the game this weekend? Finally a score prediction?

As a new team we have a lot to prove and I guess it takes a lot of time to earn respect. So with that, on the day we will be hungry for victory and will try our hardest to make this happen. I think it has the makings of a cracking game, but I cant give a prediction on the result!!!

Cheers Mike, I look forward to the game and hopefully see you up the clubhouse for a pint or two