Cornwall Football Forum

New signing for Falmouth

Maybe it will bring some competition for places upfront between fice and drummond? I dont know much about Fice. Any history on him and goal statistics?

Just to add i hope drummond does not go and fights for his place in the team. He seems a decent guy but it may come down to who gels better with O Hagan? I am sure it will be experimental for Alan and may be a few weeks until Falmouth start knocking some goals in. But they have the players to challenge for cups and top 6 place this season. Even after dismal start. Once Jimmy alexander back, Teagle fit, flynn back i am sure things will get going. Patience is the key i feel. Lets face it Falmouth have been starved of silverware for ten years i am sure supporters can be a bit more patient.

I think we need a strong tackling workhorse midfielder to go with jimmy alexander. at the back maybe a top defender to go along smith. already got best left back in county when he match fit, and best centre back. Lets not forget Jason Chapman to come back in. I think it been a unfortunate start with suspensions and injuries. But i think we are 4/5 quality players like Smith, teagle, short of ever winning the league.

As I have stated previously Falmouth have a strong spine to their team -Keeper,Central defence and proven goal scorers.

4th.best defensive record in the league but lying 4th from bottom-why?.

Apart from an unsettled team (23players used so far),the lack of goals this season is down to a limited creation of chances and to me the Falmouth midfield is too lightweight and is crying out for a ball winning midfield General in the mould of the legendary Andy Street.

Edited-We think alike John I was typing the same time as yourself.

Even though Fice not done much, there is probably the line of thought that he and O'Hagan have played together before.Maybe Fice and Drummond will gel. Can't see that O'Hagan and Drummond is working but hopefully once we start creating a bit more the goals will come.

I am sure Alan knows the players he needs and wants, but as always its getting them to move and be part of a larger squad and maybe be prepared to sit on the bench sometimes thats the problem.

Guest Uncle Albert

My information is that Carey's number one target was Mark Berry of Bodmin, and the Falmouth boss is rumoured to have offered Berry three years' work with his company if he signs.

But Berry apparently resisted the obvious financial attraction. I dont think he wanted to play for Carey again.

Once Berry said no, Carey turned to Fice, who scored lots of goals for Bodmin alongside O'Hagan.

Don't suppose Fice has moved for money. Players at this level cant be bought these days, can they? Not with the tax man still keeping a very close eye on some clubs. :rolleyes:

Guest Postie Pidge

Yeah I cant see how Ficey couldve been tempted with big money.....afterall, hes left a club sitting in 1st place to join a club in 17th!!!!!

In September....

alan carey did put in 7 days for mark berry but as i understand from what has been said to me from mark himself is that he is working for alan carey already and the reason he decided not to go was because he doesnt want to leave bodmin and the travlling, he is finding it hard travelling to bodmin twice a week because he has a young family, as for 3 years work can anyone guarentee that in the current economy.