Cornwall Football Forum

Mining results Tues 1st sep

Guest Gaff

Praze 2 v Rosudgeon Res 2

After Rosudgeon taking a 2 goal lead,Through Oz and Jozzie,Praze got back in the game before half-time to make it 2.1.It was pretty much one-way traffic 2nd half,But Rosudgeon battled well and was a constant threat on the break.But Praze got there reward late in the game.Good team Praze and good bunch of lads,Many a team will struggle there this year.

Personally I could'nt be happier, Now Rosudgeon have to take it on from here,But a great start to the season.

:yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd. Res. 4 .v. Wendron 5th's 0

Glad to get our season off to a winning start and a clean sheet to boot! Wendron didn't play their full strength side ( 1 lad having swine flu? ), but that shouldn't be taken away from a deserved win after we played some good passing football. Trevenson's back line worked well restricting Wendron to really only 1 clear cut opportunity in the second half, working the ball down the right flank and getting a low cross in that the striker got a touch on but couldn't hit the target.

Trevenson were 3 up at the break, Glen Richards opening his account with a neat finish after being found by Shaun Wilkins. After we worked the ball down the left the ball ended up at the feet of Darren Copeland who squeezed the ball in at the near post and again, with the ball going down the left, Shaun Wilkins pressured the defender, won the ball and chipped it into the box for Darren to score his second with his head. Second half, especially the last 10 minutes or so was fairly open with gaps appearing in the middle of the park where Wendron had some joy but by this point we had already scored our 4th, Darren completing his hat trick with a header from a corner. Goonhavern next up.

All the best to Wendron for the season.

Guest Palmercrab

Mining 3

Newlyn NA Reserves 3 - 1 Carbis Bay United (2-0)

Callum Mitchell

John Pearson

Josh Keast

Tightly contested game with Newlyn taking their chances well in the first half before fighting off a CB comeback late in the second half.

mining2 tms res. 1 titans 3

titans made hard work of beating a plucky tms side tonight.

tms took the lead in the first half from an own goal through a defensive mix up and lead at half time 1-0

titans came out in the second half and finally scored when mark mitchell was put through one on one with the keeper who had an excellent game and kept the score down.then on came super sub graham jewell and scored with a header at the far post to make it 2-1 and at this stage it was all titans.then titans man of the match malcolm nicholls went through and scored a very deserved goal for all his efort through out the game.

although titans made hard work of tonight game credit must go to tms for not giving up good luck for the rest of the season.

saturday mousehole away :drink: :c:

After Rosudgeon taking a 2 goal lead,Through Oz and Jozzie,Praze got back in the game before half-time to make it 2.1.It was pretty much one-way traffic 2nd half,But Rosudgeon battled well and was a constant threat on the break.But Praze got there reward late in the game.Good team Praze and good bunch of lads,Many a team will struggle there this year.

Personally I could'nt be happier, Now Rosudgeon have to take it on from here,But a great start to the season.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

well done rosudgeon,great team spirit,am sure your going to have a very good season,think we at praze going to need some shooting practise at next training!! good luck for the season and will look forward to the return.

mining2 tms res. 1 titans 3

titans made hard work of beating a plucky tms side tonight.

tms took the lead in the first half from an own goal through a defensive mix up and lead at half time 1-0

Score was 0-0 at half time pat u could of asked the ref that, he had a great game tonight think his name was (one side) :yahoo:

Mining 2 -

Titians 3 Threemilestone Res 1

Richard having not met u im sure ur a gentleman but since taking over as manager last year of the Titans u seem obsessed with the word Titians or perhaps u have other things on ur mind when writing our score or fixtures. In saying that i think we may have a few Tit - ians especially on tonights performance although a win is a win :unsure:

Anyone know the St. Buryan Res vs Marazion Blues result - Mining 3

St Buryan Res 4 v Marazion Blues 1

Good start to the season for Buryan. Played good football at times.

Went 1-0 down against the run of play but bounced back to go in 2-1 at the break .

Marazion never troubled Buryan in the second half who deservedly scored two more to wrap it up.

Scorers for St Buryan

I.Tucker 1

N.Skerret 1

J.Ninnis 1

Own goal

Storm Res 2-3 West Cornwall FC

This was a very interesting game for the spectators, which saw both teams display their best and worst sides in one game.

Storm started brightest in the first few minutes of the game, keeping the ball on the floor and moving around the pitch well, but without really looking like scoring. This woke the visitors up who really pushed for the rest of the half and went in 0-3 at the break. Storm looking like they were about to bottle it as they did against Madron a few days earlier.

2 things then changed the game.

1. A few choice words from myself at half time... asking my players for a little bit of heart and to show some pride and stop embarrasing themselves and me. We came out looking much sharper and immediately began to put pressure on West Cornwall.

2. Due to this pressure West Cornwall reverted to 5 across the midfield, probably looking to find some balance, but quite strange when 3 goals to the good... as a 4th goal would have finished the game off. This was great news to us as we were forced to play a central midfielder at centre back. He pushed into the middle and we began to create many more chances.

West Cornwall will say that they could have had the game wrapped up when they were on top, which I agree with. However, once we were on top, I feel that we should have had more quality with our final ball which would have given us the opportunity for at least the draw.

Good luck to West Cornwall from now on. I know the lads well and I am sure they will improve as the season progresses.

Mining League Div. 3

Glad to get our season off to a winning start and a clean sheet to boot! Wendron didn't play their full strength side ( 1 lad having swine flu? ), but that shouldn't be taken away from a deserved win after we played some good passing football. Trevenson's back line worked well restricting Wendron to really only 1 clear cut opportunity in the second half, working the ball down the right flank and getting a low cross in that the striker got a touch on but couldn't hit the target.

Trevenson were 3 up at the break, Glen Richards opening his account with a neat finish after being found by Shaun Wilkins. After we worked the ball down the left the ball ended up at the feet of Darren Copeland who squeezed the ball in at the near post and again, with the ball going down the left, Shaun Wilkins pressured the defender, won the ball and chipped it into the box for Darren to score his second with his head. Second half, especially the last 10 minutes or so was fairly open with gaps appearing in the middle of the park where Wendron had some joy but by this point we had already scored our 4th, Darren completing his hat trick with a header from a corner. Goonhavern next up.

Thats pretty much a perfect description of the game. You were right we did'nt have our full stregnth squad due to injury's and couple players not being able to make it because of work but u have to play well with the squad you have and we did'nt. The 1st couple goals against us were simple mistakes which Trevenson punished us. I felt we wre playing better with 10 men than 11 lol. Can't take nothing away from Trevenson there defence looked well organised they created alot more chances than us and deserved the win and that tall bloke of theres that got a hat trick what is he like 10ft lol i can see him getting quite a few goals for you this season. Im not worried bout the result bit gutted but thats the 1st game of the season long way to go and i know when we get our full squad back we will have a good team. Starting this sat hopefully think we have Madron at home?? So im fingers crossed we will have more options for players.

All the best for Trevenson for the rest of the season

Guest kopidol8

Mining League Div. 3

Thats pretty much a perfect description of the game. You were right we did'nt have our full stregnth squad due to injury's and couple players not being able to make it because of work but u have to play well with the squad you have and we did'nt. The 1st couple goals against us were simple mistakes which Trevenson punished us. I felt we wre playing better with 10 men than 11 lol. Can't take nothing away from Trevenson there defence looked well organised they created alot more chances than us and deserved the win and that tall bloke of theres that got a hat trick what is he like 10ft lol i can see him getting quite a few goals for you this season. Im not worried bout the result bit gutted but thats the 1st game of the season long way to go and i know when we get our full squad back we will have a good team. Starting this sat hopefully think we have Madron at home?? So im fingers crossed we will have more options for players.

All the best for Trevenson for the rest of the season

Very honest mate thanks. The one thing that did impress me with you guys is you never resorted to long ball tactics and kept trying to play. It was well contested without any dirty play i thought and on the night we were really up for it after a bit of a difficult time at club losing so many players from last year! Seems to be great spirit there in the reserves. By the way Porkie (the ref) should have allowed my goal. All the best to you boys for season except when you play us lol

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Great result lads looking forward to a great season with my new team, Am happy to have joined what seems to be a great team, can't wait to get playing :D