Cornwall Football Forum

OFF - FHFL 2 - Carharrack v St Day

Change of Fixture

At the request of the home club the fixture has been reversed and now

Wens 02/09/2009

Carharrack v St Day - 1815 ko

Howard Beachump Recreation Ground, Carharrack

The so far unbeaten Red Army goes into battle against their old enemy St Day in the biggest derby in Cornish Football!

Bring It On!!!!

It's 'Bring It On' time again, so ahead of our game tonight against our old enemy St Day we have spoken to, Michael Andrew aka The Cat, St Day Goalkeeper and newly appointed captain, to get his opinion ahead of the match.

Congratulations on becoming St Day Res captain. What do you expect this season? Where do you think you will finish come next May?

I’m always the type of person who wants the most from everything, we have a relatively new side that haven't played together a huge amount so promotion and a decent cup run is our aim at least. As for the captaincy its really nice to know that people out there respect me enough to entrust me with such a privilege as its not just something that's drawn from a hat!

Your new Manager Alan Williams will probably get some 'banter' from us tonight, what do you lot think of him?

Willy was always a very well respected member of the squad long before he took over the in the managers hot seat, everyone in the team holds him in really high esteem and i am hoping that my 13 years of experience in men's football will help us both to maximise the potential within our side.

What have you heard about Carharrack this season?

I’ve heard a lot about Carharrack this season! I think they are one of the teams to watch out for!! As long as they finish below us at the end of the season I don't mind what they do!

Where do you think we will finish?

I think Carharrack will be in the mix with St Day at the end of the season and perhaps a cup final between the two is on the cards.

Could we have your thoughts on the game tonight?

Tonight's game could be a real firecracker, I'm hoping not quite as bad as west ham vs millwall the other night but the rivalry between the two sides is probably on a par with that!, it will be a tough physical encounter that i think will be decided by the odd goal.

Finally a score prediction?

Carharrack 1-2 St Day with the cat making a pen save in the dying minutes

Well Mike, thank you for answering our questions, I look forward to the match. I think your right in that it will be a firecracker tonight. I expect to see some creative football from St Day as your playing on a decent pitch tonight! This is a tough division to be in, last season we conceded 2 goals for every goal we scored, to get promoted you need a positive goal difference. If we look back over the last two seasons Perranwell got promoted in third place on 58 points losing only 8 games and last season Troon were promoted on 45 points losing 11. So come on Carharrack get involved and win tonight!