Cornwall Football Forum

Massey's Mutterings .............

I laughed at that article, those boys on the pitch can certainly ping some balls in to the crowd outside the clubhouse 30 minutes before kick off. On Saturday I was watching them and I'm sure they were targeting someone and not actually trying to test the keeper. I hope they have reinforced glass in the clubhouse as a direct hit at pace is going to take it out before long.

Oh and I agree about the age of the fans at Truro games, I'm sure the average age of fans that watch the Pirates is younger by at least ten years and most fans who watch the pirates still wear tweed and carry hip flasks !!

The lack of youngsters at games isn't just a Truro City thing, I commented on the lack of kids nationwide near the end of last season, following City on their rise has taken us to more different grounds than experienced by most, many clubs would fold if it weren't for the "Grey" brigade (Good ole Golden Oldies). It is noticeable that those clubs that get support from the young usually have ACADEMIES supported by their Local Councils and community groups, in return during the week club facilities are opened up to Mothers groups, OAP get togethers, even medical surgeries are held at some etc.

Steve's comment about £5 a kid reinforces my anger elsewhere on a CSF forum where I posted comparisons to other clubs across the board pricing showing Truro City as the dearest club to follow at HOME.

When the ambition of an academy was being bandied about there was a lot mentioned about the 25 YOUTH TEAMS, now the academy is off the radar we hear NOTHING about the youth section, the club has to show the kids it cares to get their loyalty, thankfully the team plays a better game on the pitch than the PR teams have off it during the last few years.

£7.50 OAP's

£5.00 Kids