Cornwall Football Forum

Big Kick Off This Saturday

is everyone happy with how there pre-season went , There have been some good results from the likes of vospers and plymstock , callington seem to be getting results ,

sorry to say millbrook have not had very good results , was hopping for an improvment this summer , but it seems that dane bunney hasnt improved things , Granted they have played teams in a higher divsion but so have vospers and plymstock ,

i couldnt make it to the games but the results make very poor reading , hopefully things will be right for saturday !!!!!

any thoughts on your own teams pre-season!!

I watched the games on sat between Millbrook and ivybridge and to be honest i thought Millbrook did reasonably well and i know they drafted in players as few were away. I thought the reserves had a few players who in my opinion should be playing in the first team, both strikers were quick and strong, the keeper was excellant and two lads in centre of midfield were in my opinion better than the first team players. Its a shame that even local supporters are writing off their own teams before the season starts. Give them all a chance and support them through the tough times as well as the good. Good luck to all teams this season.

Guest local_football_supporter

Can't believe this post !!! Season not started and someone already having a pop at there team , I too was at the game on saturday down millbrook and thought an under strenghth millbrook done very well against a near full strenghth ivybridge !!!! As I said after the elburton villa game last week , millbrook have re- built well and will turn heads this season Watched the 1st half of the

2nd teams from each club. , have to dis agree with the comment about the center mids playing for millbrooks first team , ivybridges 2nd team we're an absolute disaster !!! I would have looked good against them , the first team boys were up againts. A much better class of oppisistion!!!

I think millbrook will do well this season

Not sure who they have up front , the lad curren is looking sharp but has not played up there so far in the games I have seen. They don't seem to have any troble creating chances so we will see !!!

I watched the games on sat between Millbrook and ivybridge and to be honest i thought Millbrook did reasonably well and i know they drafted in players as few were away. I thought the reserves had a few players who in my opinion should be playing in the first team, both strikers were quick and strong, the keeper was excellant and two lads in centre of midfield were in my opinion better than the first team players. Its a shame that even local supporters are writing off their own teams before the season starts. Give them all a chance and support them through the tough times as well as the good. Good luck to all teams this season.

What was wrong with the 1st team keeper?

Elburton had several opportunities in the match and failed to score, and the keeper had good write ups in the paper and on the website here, and against ivybridge, the only goal scored was a penalty. not much that can be done on pens its 50/50.

so was just wondering "tankie" what is wrong with the 1st team keeper?

Hey Mr Unorthodox nothing wrong with the first keeper he did well, just saying the seconds keeper was as good 'in my opinion'. And please Local football supporter what game were you watching!! to say ivybridge 2nds were an absolute disaster when they should have won the game comfortably with the amount of chances they had? i think you may need to stick to writing your c..p on here Ha! Ha! you are obviously short sighted B) Good luck to both millbrook and ivybridge for the season!!

I just didn't think they were very good , 2 poor sides in my opinion with millbrook getting the better of it .

Doesn't matter how many chances ivybridge had , they need to put them away , I think ivybridge will struggle in p and d. 3 likewise millbrook in the east cornwall league ,

I saw larry spear was the sponsor , if so are ivybridge anything to do with spear fc

Local football supporter you are entitled to your opinion, i do agree with the fact that they didnt score and definately need a couple of strikers but disagree with the poor side statement and im sure millbrook 2nds wouldnt be too chuffed either. Reserves have played 4 friendlies against higher league opposition and only lost to millbrook due to not scoring their chances. They will be playing in the P&D 2 league and it will be a pleasure to watch you eat your words regarding them struggling. Yes some of the lads from Speare FC have decided to stay together and play for Ivybridges reserves. LFS have you not jumped ship and moved to millbrook aswell with the u18s?

Millbrook follower??? My arse!! U haven't even been to the games and your slagging millbrook off, if u had watched the last 3 home games u would have seen the performances YOUR millbrook team displayed againt 2 greater opponents and then u would understand it's called pre season for a reason! (Results mean naff all) yeah it's nice to win but it's about getting the team to gel and play the way they r asked! As far as the team goes it's has been greatly strengthened and once millbrook have their full team available heads will turn. Lewis vines once fit I've been informed will b a major threat infront of goal! Easton and the lad current are ones to watch out for next season as far as pre-season goes these 2 will b influential for millbrook having a successful season!!!