Cornwall Football Forum

TEAMS FOLDING THIS YEAR THINK IT A SAME WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS

is it me or are there a lot of teams folding this year, can't be good for cornish football can it !!! just wanted to see the thoughts off others !!! i know there's new teams in the leagues and are all welcome but some of the teams leaving have been around for years so its a same to see them leave !! ive just become manager of boscastle 2nds and as a club over the past few yrs have struggled to get players to play for us but we have always manage to get 2 two teams out , just at times!!

Well..... i definately agree with this. I was last season the manager of long serving dutchy league 2 side St Anns Chapel, and we sadly folded at the end of last season after gaining promotion.

The reasons behind us folding were that we were offered to ply our trade as Bere Alston reserves with better facilities, finacial backing and pitch.

As St Anns Chapel we were never really properly supported by our council and this was evident in our facilities, which were nothing to be proud of (although it will be said that our pitch rental was very cheap). Also with regards to sponsorship, as a small club hidden away they is very little financial reward for sponsors so we were alway running on a tight budget. In all honesty St Anns has always had a good that punched above it weight and i think this was down to a lot of players from Tavistock playing there.

Overall i dont think small clubs get the support they need from community or councils.

As a manager it is also easy to manage and get players as a winning side but when losing it is completely different.

Good luck to all this season

Wake up lads the county has to take some of the blame for this,simple to many teams trying to play senior football, to many players thinking they can compete at a higher level and not enough dedicated personnel to keep struggling clubs going.I dont really give a toss who i upset the fact is standards have dropped since all this nonsensense of 2 sww leagues(the penisula league) and the ecpl league 2 divisions.Who is going to stand up to tjis mimanagement ,the answer no one.

Kitbag you are on the right track, but it`s very simple too many teams not enough players (regardless of senior junior status) plus not enough dedicated people to organize and run the teams. This situation resolves itself when the teams who cannot attract enough players disband, sad fact of life i`m afraid.

Guest mariner

Wake up lads the county has to take some of the blame for this,simple to many teams trying to play senior football, to many players thinking they can compete at a higher level and not enough dedicated personnel to keep struggling clubs going.I dont really give a toss who i upset the fact is standards have dropped since all this nonsensense of 2 sww leagues(the penisula league) and the ecpl league 2 divisions.Who is going to stand up to tjis mimanagement ,the answer no one.

For me, you have hit the nail on the head here kitbag :clapper: :clapper: