Cornwall Football Forum

Result tonight 30/07/2009

Guest john

tom Sobey with the helston goal. A good display from helston and I'm sure we will do well in the combo this year.

That tom smith is the biggest moaner I have ever heard. His best comment was saying to his left back " r u trying to make me look like **** ". No tom u do that job fine on your own

I didnt think Falmouth had to get out of second gear tonight.

I think Tom Smith is a winner and maybe it is a bit of a culture shock playing along side lower standard players to what he has been use to. Wait until Tom teams up with Sean Flynn at the back. Two vocal players with alot of experience.

Probus 1 - 3 Godolphin

Another encouraging showing from the boys who in all fairness were comfortable winners after looking very imressive for the opening half hour. Sam Eglington opened the scoring on 15 minutes after which the Probus keeper pulled off several good stops to keep Probus in touch.

Probus pulled level just before the interval but Tim Peacock restored the lead from Jake Goslings measured free kick 10 minutes into the second half.

Phil Lowry curled a 20 yarder home on the hour to put the result beyond the home side who rallied late on

but didn't look likely to reduce the two goal defecit.

Guest Postie Pidge

Helston played well last night and forced Chappy into making several good saves but being 4-0 up at the break meant the second half was never going to be like the first.

A triple half time substitution changed things but remember that it was only a friendly and the real footy is only around the corner....

1-0 7m Matt Drummond

2-0 16m Matt Drummond

3-0 25m Matt Drummond

4-0 35m Danny O'Hagan

5-0 67m Hugh Howlett

5-1 90m Tom Sobey

Congrats to the Falmouth team who have now won the tournament for the second time :yahoo::yahoo::thumbsup: :clapper:

yes it is confirmed the italion stallion aka poodle tom sobey scored for helston, he stokes himself up on espresso coffee all day, and we roll him out for five mins every game to score, he was quoted as saying let me at em at half time in the changing room, also quoting to say he would score five, perhaps in the next match tom!

Matt Drummond hat trick within 18 mins(7m headed a corner,16m punished a defensive mix up,25m headed a free kick

Danny O'Hagan 35m set up by Drummond

Hugh Howlett 66m a first time precision drive low into the corner

Tom Sobey finished off a 89th. minute corner

Full credit to the visitors who were overwhelmed in the first half but a plucky second period earned a 1-1 scoreline.

Time for my predicted player of the season to get greedy, Neil Slateford the 'Aaron Lennon' of the SWPL

Town Lineup

Jason Chapman;Ben Stidwell;Richard Kellow(Nigel Thwaites h/t);Tom Smith Capt.;Dave Rawlings;Jamie Thompson(Nick Pugliese h/t);Ollie Gibson(Dan Stidwell 65m);Jimmy Alexander(Hugh Howlett 65m);Danny O'Hagan;Matt Drummond(Rob Carey h/t)

Please-Can anyone post the Helston Lineup/squad -Barry Hennesey,............

Dont forget the Charity finals day at Kellaway Park,Helston tomorrow. games 2pm/5pm

Dave G's family will be there as they were at Bickland and the weather forecast is looking good for tomorrow afternoon

for me, the helston managers got alot to answer too, u cant leave that type of player on the bench, too much to offer...yep understand his business commitments, but technicaly should be playing in at least step 4. why isnt mcarthey looking at him at truro.

admittedly, everyones jealous of his great hair, but lets look past that, look at the player, the man.