Cornwall Football Forum

Pre season results -

The missus decided she wanted to go to trago this morning , so i agreed to go if we could pop across the a38 after and catch the liverton millbrook game ,

I have to say i was very impressed with some of the football a young millbrook team produced , they were dominating midfiled so much that liverton put an extra man in the middle in the second half ,

The football was very entertaining , and if today was a sign of things to come then there is an exciting brand of football on offer at mill park this season ,

Liverton seemed more interested in kicking and fighting with millbrooks young midfield , Speaking to one of millbrooks reserve players , i learnt that the 1st team had 5 or 6 players missing as well ,

millbrooks reserve team beat livertons reserves 5-2 as well

It was the first game for both sides and to be quite honest Vospers held Torpoint quite easy until the last few minutes when Torpoint scored twice.

Remember pre season games are to assess fitness, check out systems and players overall individual performances. And yes I agree Dudley has a hard job. Losing Carter and Davies is a huge blow. Only time will tell.

The proof of the pudding is when the season starts.

Guest Paulo Porkchop

Who got the goals for Torpoint today ECPL? Couldn`t get to the game today been working in Manchester all week? Just wondering if there`s life after Carts?.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Seeing Dartmouths result today gives us Blazey fans hope for our opening day fixture. I hope they have plenty of programs etc as we have a coach going to this one with many names down already!! :drink:

C'mon Paul, be honest ! The coach is for the players and coaching staff, any seats left over are for fans, so 30 of you at the most if you fill it that is :clapper:

Well ill be driving with another car full at least!! An away following of 30 wouldnt be bad to Dartmouth for the opening match in August when we have Tavi away 3 days later followed by our F.A cup trip to Sherbourne in Dorset the following saturday!!

Judge, I dont want this to sound disrespectful, but concentrate on your own away travel and St Blazey will on theirs. The coach is full with 31 supporters and there are currently 4 cars also travelling, so as Paul says, not bad for what is a tedius journey on the opening day of the new season.

Besides, I bet you wish you were opening your season with an away trip with 40+ travelling fans to Dartmouth in the Premier League!!! ;)

All the best to Mr. Drew and the rest of Newquay though for your opener away to Hayle, im predicting yourselves, Perranporth and St Austell to fight it out at the top come next May.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Judge, I dont want this to sound disrespectful, but concentrate on your own away travel and St Blazey will on theirs. The coach is full with 31 supporters and there are currently 4 cars also travelling, so as Paul says, not bad for what is a tedius journey on the opening day of the new season.

Besides, I bet you wish you were opening your season with an away trip with 40+ travelling fans to Dartmouth in the Premier League!!! ;)

All the best to Mr. Drew and the rest of Newquay though for your opener away to Hayle, im predicting yourselves, Perranporth and St Austell to fight it out at the top come next May.

Lafs, it's just a bit of banter between 2 fans of the 2 best supported away clubs in Cornwall, been going on for years and will continue as long as me and Paul have anything to do with it. We often compare notes, exchange emails etc and occasionaly Paul will come and watch the Peppermints so he can see how close Blazey are to being the best fans in Cornwall.

Nice touch with the £2 for the Exeter XI match, should be well attended. Good luck to all at Blaise Parfk this season (except if we meet in any of the cups).

Bere Alston 2v2 Wessex Rangers, very strong side, dont no what thay eat over there thought we were faceing a rugby team, ha ha. well led buy Wil Westlake, all the best for the season kev. thanks for all your lads coming back the pub. Lol. RAVO

Ryan Lucassi got the last two and Mike Roberts the first.. Austin Beeney scored for Vospers to level at 1-1

I only managed to watch the first half of the Saltash match and when I left it was 0-0. It would be difficult to assess the Ashes as the had to draft in a number of second team players to make up the number. Bridgwater looked quite good and they always looked as if they could take the Ashes defence apart which they did in the second half.

Beckham you must have been watching a different game on Saturday. I saw a very lively Torpoint outplay an extremely experimental Vospers in the first half. The second half saw a more settled Vospers on top for the first 20 mins and deservedly equalise and would definately NOT be seen as being very POOR!! The rest of the half was pretty even until until two late goals killed the game (both great deliveries and finishes)

Thought the tall lad in the middle of the park for Torpoint was good, Yeo looked sharp when he came on, the young lads up front for Vospers looked lively, and finally thought that Mike Roberts is still one of the hardest players around to mark!!

Tall lad in the middle was Chris Yeatman signed from wadebridge... I thought we controlled the majority of the game. Vospers had 15-20 mins after half time but that was about it? First half they had one shot which was because of a defensive mistake. Was nice to see millbrook/calli/vospers Mike running the line... thought he had a good game to be fair... good stuff

John The Baptist my good friend!!

I look forward to seeing this new Vospers outfit next Sat i believe?

The tall lad is Chris Yateman. He was captain of Millbrook a few seasons ago under Mark Jones then went to Wadebridge last season. He is a decent player, i personally prefer him at centre half but he can play in the centre mid position and do a good job too.