Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City FA

I think Truro City will have a lot of problems in being able to put on pop concerts,

I have spoken to a person who lives in one of the Houses opposite to the Football club,

he sings with me in the City of Truro malr Choir,

He made it quite clear that the residents of the houses would object to pop concerts,

I believe that they would win, because I remember when Falmouth Town wanted to put up flood lights, the people in the bungalows behind the stand objected,

But they lost because the Football ground was there before the Bungalows were built,

the same would apply with regards Truro city putting on POP concerts, the Houses were there before the Football club, may be a :SM_carton:

Hammers :mellow::c: :c:

There are 2 big Guest Houses opposite the Ground who in the last season made many, many pounds out of visiting Southern League Teams Fans who came down to play Truro - could they be among the objectors...???

As one who uses local guest houses when down there, the prices have really climbed since demand has increased from those football followers mentioned above.

To put on a pop concert is expensive and the insurance to do so prohibitive, I doubt if anyone big enough could be attracted to perform so far west to make it pay, I would like to be wrong BUT...........