Cornwall Football Forum

Danny O'Hagan shock !!!

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

Danny O'Hagan has ended his five year association with league champions Bodmin Town to sign for his old mate Alan Carey at Falmouth Town.

But Bodmin have signed Ivybridge Town winger Ben Smallridge and the majority of last season's squad; and they are close to making two more signings.

Also confirmed, Dan Nancarrow has rejoined St Blazey after a season at St Austell. www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/football

Guest ECPL Supporter

What happened to all the good things happening at his local club St Austell that he kept going on about????

I cant speak for the other players but I could not do the travelling for St Blazey and as for signing for St Austell to be in a 'comfort zone' you couldnt be further from the truth! I live 2 mins from the ground and my work is also only 2 mins away and if there are exciting times ahead for St Austell and I want to be part of that

Travelling in the Prem is just as far this season as far as I can see, how quickly things can change!

Why would anyone at St Blazey want ANYONE back from St Austell after the mass walkout? It wasnt so long ago that Nanks was having a dig at St Blazey and the Chairman..........

It was also good to see St Blazey supporting the event in the evening in there club house,NOT.

It was also good to hear Glyn Rowett thanked for supplying the trophy, NOT.

It was also good to see the players of St Blazey showing a bit of respect, NOT.

Uncle Albert, we are all behind Glyn and here's hoping to a good season.

Chairman - How much of the gate goes to Smithys chosen charity?

Clubs do not help themselves when players who walk out are welcomed back so soon, Town did it with Penhaligon. Walked out after failing to run the side with a decent budget, left them in the shit with a handful of games to go a few years back and then welcomed back as the goalkeeping saviour of Poltair once some money reappeared! They forget he had the cheek to take £90 himself back in the day.

Short memories some of you football people have!

Its laughable, it really is.

Not sayin its right or wrong but you can see why some players go from club to club because of the money,wages in the area aint great so if a player can get say 60 quid a game instead of 30 that goes along way towards living costs etc.Alot of the time the teams with the bigger budgets get more success/win leagues/cups and every true sportsman would rather win than lose,just look at bodmin untill carey left,penzance with mewton this season n perranporth seem to be paying afew quid,all won there leagues.Like i said before it might not be right but you can see why.I"ll just keep on paying me 2 quid subs !!!

Not sayin its right or wrong but you can see why some players go from club to club because of the money,wages in the area aint great so if a player can get say 60 quid a game instead of 30 that goes along way towards living costs etc.Alot of the time the teams with the bigger budgets get more success/win leagues/cups and every true sportsman would rather win than lose,just look at bodmin untill carey left,penzance with mewton this season n perranporth seem to be paying afew quid,all won there leagues.Like i said before it might not be right but you can see why.I"ll just keep on paying me 2 quid subs !!!

I do agree £ does talk and players are just like it all through the ranks!! Premiership down to grass roots.

Location was who i played for not the £ it's a shame but thats life!! Coming 2nd ain't good enough!! ( as my local team has finished runners up the last 2 seasons! and who won? the team with A BUDGET as we only pay the players with 2 jaffa cakes!! :c: ( true )

I do agree £ does talk and players are just like it all through the ranks!! Premiership down to grass roots.

Location was who i played for not the £ it's a shame but thats life!! Coming 2nd ain't good enough!! ( as my local team has finished runners up the last 2 seasons! and who won? the team with A BUDGET as we only pay the players with 2 jaffa cakes!! :c: ( true )

bet fish eats 3 jaffas :smiley20:

Money isnt the real issue here.

It's certain players preaching loyalty and spouting doing it for the town, I love the club, in it for the long run, good bunch of lads, preach one thing one day and something the next. I just dont understand these people.

I would a prediction about the said player but i was shot down for in the past (but have always been right!!) and probably be shot down again if i was to lame another prediction.

Danny Nancarrow is a good player. But im surprised to see him back. After all, the fuss made by some about travelling (which ill add is total shite) why come back? Glynn and Laffs certainly have the power to bring in players. I hope the look forward to Bovey Tracey away!! ;)

My personal circumstances have changed very much over the past six months. In particular I no longer live in St Austell and now only live two minutes from St Blazey football club. I am also now working for Lafs. If it was to do with money then I would have stayed put at St Austell.

The fact that I get to play for Hoops and Lafs was massively influential in my decision.

I enjoyed it last season at St Austell but things change................

My comments made after smithys match were not aimed in any way at St Blazey football club but rather certain people who clearly had a lack of respect for the reason that match was played i.e. in memory of one of my best mates!!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

The only 'shock' as the title of this thread refers, is that none of the above has actually happened. Below is taken from the SWPL forum...

Mike Odgers today asked...

With so many rumours doing the rounds on players movements-will the stats' page for official transfers be shortly resumed?

Phil-Who has the honour of transfer 001?

Maybe Danny O'Hagan -Bodmin Town to Falmouth Town

And the answer from Phil Hiscox was ...

Hi Mike

I had a well known journalist from St Austell emailing me on Monday asking when this was going to be updated and had to tell him not to believe everything that was rumoured !

So far 1 player from Ottery St Mary has been sucessfully de-registered and 1 player from Dobwalls has requested a transfer but I'm still awaiting clearance that he is "debt free" from that club before processing the transfer.

Other than that no movement has occured ! I'm sure it will be the reality is that lots of rumour and gossip happens in June, but its July and even August before players tend to actually commit themselves by signing the appropriate forms.

I will update that page mid June and again End of June, lets hope I've actually got some real news to report then !

PH