Cornwall Football Forum

Hiscox warning for forums

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

I see Phil Hiscox, the company secretary of the Peninsula League, has put out a warning about forums like this one, in the league annual general meeting report. www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/football

We're all naughty boys for having opinions about the game we love. Tut tut. :SM_carton:

Where's the warning? All he's quoted as saying on the thisiscornwall news site is "The league business is not to conducted on websites. We have a board and its representatives and the clubs themselves to run the league and that is how this league's business will be conducted."

I think that goes for any league really! :D

However, in any case it may possibly be that the League has a more serious problem in-house with the discipline of the players "BAD discipline from players in the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League last season earned the Cornwall and Devon FAs a total of £24,803 in fines. Company secretary Phil Hiscox had words of warning about the league's disciplinary record, which has got worse in the last 12 months. The figure of £24,803 was amassed through red cards, of which there were 224 during the season, and yellow cards (2,313) in league games."

:ninja:

Guest Monty

Everybody is entitled to an opinion whether its right or wrong??

Its was obvious that the fines money was going to be of some sort of increase because the new league needs money from somewhere.

:c:

Just my opinion

The standard of refereeing in the SWPL has not been of the the highest standards.

The League quite correctly has specified the grade level of referees required to officiate at SWPL- however in my opinion too many were pushed through the gradings without getting the necessary understanding or experience of the game we all love

In a game situation this usually takes the following format - late and illegal physical challenges are not punished - however should a player complain of lack of protection he is quickly added to the referees book.

This and the challenges are a source of frustration to players and consequently (I am not or do not condone this behaviour) - as they see no punishment being meted out for said fouls - they then seek retribution by committing bad tackles.

Tempers rise - handbags or similar - additional bookings and sendings off.

When more experienced referees are used these situations rarely happen.

Players and managers should set examples - and I believe that we all have a committment to increase the levels of respect in the game. - BUT like all things in life - respect has to be earned - not given just because someone said we should.