Cornwall Football Forum

AGM - NEWQUAY AFC

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Just a reminder to all Newquay AFC club members, that the AGM is being held in the clubhouse Tues evening, doors open 7.00pm, meeting starts 8.00pm (bar will close for duration and non-members must leave the building). Membership forms are available from the bar.

Does anyone know what time k.o. is for the friendly v Abertillery Bluebirds on Sat ?

Non members have never been allowed into the AGM or shouldn't have been, perhaps checks were not made in the past... as far as not renewing is concerned, notices have been up for at least 6 weeks, I hardly think that 2 pence a day membership is gonna break anyones bank.

I know non-members where not aloud to have a say or vote on anything but they where there and it was known they weren't members, in the past. I haven't seen the notices about the increase, but i haven't been looking for them :D :P

I've never heard of a club not letting in the general public to an Annual General Meeting. An Extra Ordinaral Meeting, a Committee Meeting, yes, but not an AGM.

Club members have a vote at these meetings, but without the paricipation of new blood how are you going to attract new committee members, etc or do you want the same old faces running your club. One of those members of the public could be a potential sponsor, etc. Non club members get no vote on club policy.

Same as any info handed out or anything mentioned at an AGM once said becomes public knowledge and can be published, so keep us informed Judge. We all like a bit of gossip or rumour.

Guest Peppermint

Nice to know that CTB is interested in the welfare of Newquay - as in my other posting on the topic of the AGM - non members are welcome but obviously cannot vote but we welcome anyone who is interested in joining a Committee or helping in anyway.

Hope that clears that one up and Anita - you can join tonight if you have not already done so. £5 a year a real bargain.

I'm not interested in the internal workings of Newquay.

It's the fact that if people took Judge's posting as fact that the meeting was "members only" then members of the public viewing this forum would think that Newquay have no need or interest in other people apart from those willing to cough up a fiver.

Like I said if any club makes their AGM a closed shop then they will wither and die. Clubs need to attract new blood to grow.

I've run and been to many AGM's both to do with football, and with group, district and county Scouting, and we've never barred the public. Turnover of committee members keeps an organisation vibrant with new ideas, etc.

Thus my other point; as soon as something is published or agreed at an AGM then it becomes public knowledge as members of the public are there. That is why I can say what has gone on at a Combo meeting. It can not stop me for giving away "secrets".

My mistake, I understood that non-members were not allowed in the clubhouse during the AGM but I stand corrected. Apologies to anyone who I may have caused concern over the running of the club.

Guest Peppermint

Quite correct CTB - any club should welcome any new ideas or members and Newquay have over the last two years had an influx of several new Committee Members. That is important for the future of all clubs and I look forward to seeing The Judge and his good lady tonight.