Cornwall Football Forum

Well Done to Edgecombe

Guest Dane Bunney

Guest Dane Bunney

Well done to edgecombe on winning the league , loved the abusive phonecall !!! Showed yourselfs to be a nice bunch !!!

Hope you can find a new ground so you can fully enjoy your promotion ! :unsure:

Guest cescfab_4

Must have been a massive change to see a home team winning down at Millbrook this season. Surely back to loosing ways for you boys with Edgcumbe leaving.

I guess from this posting things havent improved with regards to the relationship between Millbrook and Edgecombe? A real shame because they are a good bunch of local lads who play good football and have worked their way through the leagues to move into the higher flights, whats going to happen to their promotion hopes now? anyone know!!

Unfortunately Millbrook also have their new teams to think about so i can see their point of view but i think it may have a massive impact on their gate numbers Ha! Ha! Ha! 'only joking' so please dont have a go at me for that one!!! :drink:

millbrook has no issue with edgecombe although it seems they have one by the way they have reacted this evening, by DISTURBING messages and ABUSIVE prank phone calls made to the manager. i dont think THEY acted like they were TRUE champions and really showed themselves up as a bunch of kids. we are not rivals with edgecombe but after all is said and done millbrook is still 2 leagues above them.

millbrook two leagues above edgecombe still due to default, if edgecombe get a ground then they will be rivals with millbrook as it will be edgecombe replacing millbrook in the penisula league, as for the prank fone calls i expect the millbrook manager appreciated them due to what ive heard about the way he treated his under 18's side ,amanged his team to the foot of the league and approaches players on networks such as facebook maybe its a bit close to the knuckle accusing people of acting like kids when in fact edgecombe in this season alone has won twice as much as the millbrook manager has won in his illustrious playing and manergerial career . so maybe its u who should have some respect for edgecombe

i heard millbrook are having a 2nd team in the p and d league

edgcumbe are happy to move because we want our own ground so everyones a winner apart from the club which will lose out on the money spent in there.

the pitch was probably one of the worst in the whole duchy premier

millbrookmike i think you might not know all the facts about phonecalls DUDE!

A great day for all involved with Edgcumbe yesterday, so im not overly sure why we're talking so much about millbrook on here. If Millbrook had any sort of honour then maybe it could have been a great day for us both yesterday with us almost being their 'adopted' club, unfortunatley it means it was just a great season for us.

Dont want to talk about millbrook at all, if the manager is genuine with his congratulations (although i doubt it) then thankyou.

We have a big summer ahead with plans in place for a new pitch, it is a good time to be involved with the Duchy Premier Champions!!

Guest gunniplayer

congratulations to edgucumbe.an excellent team winning the title, to end an excellent and exciting league this season

hopefully next season will be just as good.good luck if you are promoted no team deserves it more than egdcumbe

:D

i watched edgecombe win at home 3-0 the other week against alter.... they were a good side but its not nice to echo down someones phone when they have no right so edgecombe have basically shown themselves up what a load of jokers putting it politely.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, only one joker from where i am sitting ha ha ha ha. :D

Guest cescfab_4

Yesterday was a great day from Edgcumbe football club, it showed by the numbers of supporters at the game and the results highlighted a tremendous season from the lads. Torpoint have also had a great year, after being written off so early on they showed their maturity in putting up a fight and taking the title race to the last game of the season. Having been involved with both clubs this season I have been extremely lucky to play and learn from great players in the Duchy League. I'm sure even with Edgcumbe leaving that the Duchy Premier will be just as excting next season with some great teams still there. The bitterness between Edgcumbe and Millbrook is mainly due to us loosing the facillites for next season however with new pitch plans on the way I'm sure it'll be no time at all until the two teams are competing with each other. Thanks Dane for the kind words, hopefully there won't be any fall out with your under 18's next season, I felt sorry for this years lads as they were a good team and a quality group of lads. Can't wait for next season now and another promotion also good luck to everyone for next season! CHAMPIONAYS!! :thumbsup: