Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL RESULT Friday 15th May

Not sure why, but my earlier post was deleted!

It was a very special one because it was letting everyone know that a little piece of history was being made at Pennygillam tonight!

Our very own Forum moderator and reknown SWPL goalkeeper Paul Hider not only came on as a sub for the Clarets, but he bagged the winner in the 3-2 result! What was also so special about the goal - it was Spider's very first goal in Senior football!!!!

His team-mates are all truly amazed and gutted, the latter probably because he won't let them forget about it for a while! :D

The reason why the original FIXTURES post was deleted was because I always do when I post the RESULTS. I think of you check back you will find I have done that on every occassion and will do so today.

Guest Man on the Post

it was Spider's very first goal in Senior football!!!!

He must have scored a few, (or many), own goals!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well Dave, I don't really want to go on about it because I'm not like that but it was an exceptionally well taken goal!! Chased a lost cause ball over the top, bullied the defender, rounded the 'Keeper and tucked the ball away from an acute angle. A couple of people said it was very Wayne Rooney like, who am I to argue that?!!

I think it was just a shame I only got half an hour, imagine the damage I could've done if I'd started?