Cornwall Football Forum

Congratulations to Bickleigh FC

Congratulations to Bickleigh for finishing 2nd in the Devon and Exeter Premier Division which has earnt them promotion to the South West Peninsula League Eastern Division according to their official website.

Bickleigh are based just outside of Tiverton and are currently managed by former Witheridge keeper Nigel Raybould. :clapper: :clapper:

Drove past their ground a few weeks back on my jouney fron Taunton to Holsworthy-It looked a very attractive and tidy setup.

Good luck to Bickleigh on their new adventure.

Also I passed Hatherleigh F.C. but couldn't find any leagues they play in from newspapers.

Would you know North Devon Dweller ?

Cheers NDD

With Newton Abbot Spurs being relegated to the SWPL(E) and Exeter Civil Service promoted this would leave the ideal 18 club league with the new addition of Bickleigh F.C.

But in the West it looks Penzance leave(promoted) and Perranporth likely to join leaving a 17 club league.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Cheers NDD

With Newton Abbot Spurs being relegated to the SWPL(E) and Exeter Civil Service promoted this would leave the ideal 18 club league with the new addition of Bickleigh F.C.

But in the West it looks Penzance leave(promoted) and Perranporth likely to join leaving a 17 club league.

I'm sure some at Mount Wise will be keeping a careful eye on what happens over the border !

I was under the impression Bovey would be coming up whether they got the championship or not.

Have just checked the SWPL forum, and it would appear that an official announcement is coming on Friday.

Exeter CS would be great for the Prem as they have excellent support, both home and away.

will be awaiting the official swpl release as like you dan i was under the same impression that bovey tracy were coming up despite finishing second especially afterf reading mondays morning news that reported bovey tocome up as exter civil service did not have the required planning permission in place for floodlights.

guess its wait and see now but whatever it will be another ground to put on the visited list

Everyone needs to remember that their is only one going down from the Premier which is Newton Spurs because Newton Abbot pulled out of the league. If Civil Service have have passed the grading they will come up from east if not it will be Bovey one will be coming up from the Western division which is Penzance wih Bickleigh from the Devon and Exeter League replacing the promoted side in the Eastern division and Perranporth being promoted from a Cornish feeder league into Western. how hard is that for everyone to understand???????

Quite right 'Numpty'-I have just had a look at the local newspaper and Bovey Tracey will get promotion to the SWPL(P) despite finishing as runners up in SWPL Div1East.

EXeter Civil Service SWPL(E) Champions have failed the ground grading due to the floodlights issue.

I have just zoomed in on Google Earth to their ground at Mill Marsh Park TQ13 9FF-it looked rather basic but I guess the Google photo must have been taken some time back.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Just read the Express and Echo and according to that Bovey Tracey will be the Eastern side promoted as Civil have failed the grading requirements due to not having planning permission for floodlights.

Newquay will now no longer be keeping an eye on this then ! :D

Interesting choice of club in Appledore - I'm sure Mousehole would love that. Just checked AA route planner and Paul (where Mousehole play) to Appledore is 2 hours 34 - even Falmouth to Cullompton, probably the longest travelling in the Prem is only listed as 2 hrs 18.

Okehampton could a be possibility though one day, but Appledore, unless they decided to step down to North Devon League, will always be lumped with huge travelling times whatever league they play in.

There were several feeder leagues from the East into the SWPL -from memory South Devon,North Devon,Plymouth & West Devon, ECPL.

Unfortunately I think all the applicants came from the Exeter And Disrict League and there is a ruling only one club from each league.

I bet Porthleven are glad they havn't pushed Appledore or Oakhampton over to the West division -or will they?.

Lets wait for the SWPL anouncement on Friday.

Your right Bucks new derby will be Bovey, but several connections between two clubs so will be pretty low key Derby. Previous coach and players played at both clubs also have brothers in both teams, so certainly wont be normal fireworks. Amazing really first time in hundred years Bovey have been above NA Spurs in the football pyramid. As said in previous post Bovey club house is quite nice at the 'rec' about a mile half away from the new pitch they play today, also cricket pitch & swimming pool there.

Guest Postie Pidge

I heard Bovey Tracey have a public footpath that (like St Austell and St Blazey) is right beside the ground and it's possible to stand on it and watch the game without paying?

Thats correct PP the pitch is circled by fencing in the middle of a park, you can stand outside the fencing without paying, its used by many walkers heading up the river. Similar to Ivybridge & Bodmin they both play on local parks with multiple entrances. I have heard some supporters have refused to pay at these venues. from all accounts Bovey have not had any such budget to date to talk about so be interesting season for them, obviously the jump from one official to three & leaving at 10.30 / 11.00 for some matches. I think they will need to get off to a good start.

Congratulations to Bickleigh for finishing 2nd in the Devon and Exeter Premier Division which has earnt them promotion to the South West Peninsula League Eastern Division according to their official website.

Bickleigh are based just outside of Tiverton and are currently managed by former Witheridge keeper Nigel Raybould. :clapper::clapper:

What a wonderful place Bickleigh is, There is is a pub on the river exe at Bickleigh called the Fishermans cot it is a totally beautiful setting anybody who visits it will impressed, Promise! An ideal overnight stop if they ever play 'Town' :c: