Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shanethebuck

Truro City

He wasn't out that night! nor was he out the night the mighty reds won it in 2005, but he was tempted to get out his sickbed at half time! I so wish he did, instead I had to reply to numerous texts when I got home in a drunken stupour!!

That night in 99 was an upsetting one!!

Guest Terrier Tom

Must be painful being a Liverpool fan in recent times!!

That day in... 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007

:smiley20::smiley20::drink: :D

Guest Terrier Tom

Ahh - another Liverpool fan hiding behind their rich history!! :yahoo: I bet you remeber the first four well!

Still got some 8 years to go to beat Man Utd's 26 year absence from proving themselves as the best side in England. As all Liverpool fans say, next year is the year!!

:clapper:

ha ha, hiding behind a history?

Utd, never won the league for 26 years, a few FA Cups thrown in amongst those years and a relegation to boot! Yet UTD fans were still crowing about how good they are!!!

The league will come our way soon, don't worry about that

I admire your optimism darren however I think you might have a long wait even with the likes of torres and gerrard you are still way of the pace maybe a new manager might get you closer but cant see liverpool winning the league anytime soon.

I admire your optimism darren however I think you might have a long wait even with the likes of torres and gerrard you are still way of the pace maybe a new manager might get you closer but cant see liverpool winning the league anytime soon.

I don't know your opinions on Rafa Benitez St Darren mate BUT I feel that if you want to win the premiership it will have to be without him at the helm. If you're happy winning the Champions League, making the finals etc then he's your man but he's way short of winning the Premiership again and I feel that it is ultimately the Premier League that Mr Hicks & Mr Gillet aspire to bring to the fans.

I have a feeling that Mr Benitez will be on his way at the end of the season if nothing is won. Lets face it, you're going to have to fight to the bitter end just to qualify for the Champions League with the way things are going at the moment.

I also have a feeling that a certain Mr Mourinho could well be on his way to Anfield next season?.

Oh and as for Truro, I agree with St Darren and will NEVER support or cheer them on.

Coopsie if you don't give a shit about Truro.......... why come on here slagging them off. Just go to another thread and give your point of view.

We are all football supportors or suppose to be and if Truro are playing good football or any other club in the county....... wether senior or not give them credit for that.

THOSE WHO DON'T GIVE A SHI T ABOUT TRURO DON'T READ THE THREADS OR LEAVE COMMENTS.

Metts hope your alright m8 and looking after yourself. BLUE MOON.

Oh enough of all this please............

it has got very boring and has been gone over time and time again on this forum -

Truro City v Rest of World, I would have said Cornwall but most of the City-Knockers are NOT Cornish..!!

Lets just let this tired debate drop and return to talking about day to day Cornish Football items.

BigG, We may not be Cornish but we do live in Cornwall. And its not people knocking Truro, they just support their own teams, if everyone supported the same team how c**p would that be. People are allowed to support who they like and are allowed to have their own opinions if you don't like their comments don't read them. :smiley20:

Anita,

I agree with you..!!

Lets draw a line under this whole, silly debate and get on with supporting our own teams - my teams happen to be Truro and [God forbid me for saying this to you] - Chelsea.

I am not trying to get anyone else to support Truro - if they continue to rise up through the leagues then the increase in support will happen on its own. But enough has already been said about this - lets just get on with one another and post our views on our own teams.

Guest Dermot

Crikey this thread is dragging on now,getting a little tedious,i know it has been said `dont read it if you dont want to`i always do,hoping that someone posts a constructive comment but alas no,its a have ago at the current top (mens) team in Cornwall.

I always look for Truros results and wish them well,but i also look at all the other results be it St Ives, Penzance,Newquay,St Agnes,Helston,P/porth plus all the other teams i Referee but dont seem to see them getting a slagging of on this forum,so give us all a break folks and let the good people at Truro get on with what they are doing and that is putting Cornish football on the map. ;0) :c:

I went to Stamford Bridge as a young boy in 1964 and have been hooked ever since - through thick and thin - and there have been a few thin times - but I first went to TCFC as a wee lad with my Dad in 1962 - and as a Truro Lad then my home town club will always take priority.

Coopsie if you don't give a shit about Truro.......... why come on here slagging them off. Just go to another thread and give your point of view.

We are all football supportors or suppose to be and if Truro are playing good football or any other club in the county....... wether senior or not give them credit for that.

THOSE WHO DON'T GIVE A SHI T ABOUT TRURO DON'T READ THE THREADS OR LEAVE COMMENTS.

Metts hope your alright m8 and looking after yourself. BLUE MOON.

You want to calm down fella and take your Truro coloured blinkers off. I HAVE NOT come on here and slagged Truro off. I have agreed with some opinions and disagree with others on a topic urging people to support or cheer Truro on. Unless I'm mistaken,this is a PUBLIC forum and therefore it is the PUBLIC that get to have the right to have their say.

I have not derided Truro's achievements and I will once again remind you that I've wished the club and everybody associated with them all the best of luck in their quest for the upper etchelances of football.

Big G, what the hell does being "NOT Cornish" have to do with anything?. There are a fair few PURE Cornish that have had their say on the fact that people just don't give a damn about Truro City, where is your gripe with them?.

Perhaps if you and johnnie bates wish to see nothing but "PRO Truro" statements you should stick to the Truro City forum because it's become abundantly clear that neither the club or their followers can accept the fact that there are people out there that just don't care about them. However, because we don't give a damn, doesn't mean that we are not entitled to give our opinion or have our say about a topic on this site.

You go on any other forum and you'll see the same thing. I'm regularly on a Tottenham forum and there are more Gooners that have their say than there are Spurs supporters. This is the way of the land people, it is called "competition and rivalry". You go to a Man Utd game and you'll hear their fans singing about Liverpool, Chelsea fans sing about Fulham, Spurs about Arsenal etc etc. People are inttersted in more than just "their club", they just don't care about the others, that's all.

So stop being so defensive and paranoid and look forward to the apparant successful times ahead for your club.

Guest Helston Patriot

Metts, I'd support the Germans, the Argies, The French, the americans, everyday of the week over Man Utd. That night in 99 still ranks alongside one of my worst nights in my life, I was distraught!!!

Bit extreme dont you think? Thats just a ignorant comment but it is your opinion, and i sir think even less of you for it.

As an Arsenal fan i did cheer when Utd won the Champions League and when Liverpool did as they are English Clubs playing in a Euro FINAL. I would never cheer them on in any other Domestic Comp. Couldn't really give 2 hoots about Truro winning or losing but was pleased when they won the vase as winning a national cup is something to be proud of.

So were people cheering on Athletico Madrid last night against Bolton? Think not... Bunch of bloody racists

Think this thread has gone way off the mark now to be honest