Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Registrations - Meeting

As the Trelawny League look to “stay with the times”, we will (subject to final agreement) be using the Whole Game system for all registrations and transfers in 2018/19 and beyond.

At the moment, clubs must get players and secretaries to sign registration forms (2 x club secretary signatures required for transfers), they then have the bother of sending them to the league via post (with a SAE envelope), email etc. They then have to await confirmation and a response etc. This all takes time, money and effort.

In a bid to reduce time and costs, the Whole Game method of registering players makes everything so much easier, simpler and cheaper.

The benefits of Whole Game registrations:

• Registering players can be done almost instantly
  • Strict ID checks are in place (including a photograph)
  • Transfer approaches can be completed in seconds - transfers can happen automatically between clubs
  • Suspensions added automatically which can be viewed and administered by the clubs
  • If the clubs approve (and want the function), photographic teamsheets can be printed before the game starts (as opposed to ID cards) just like in Youth games.
  • Easy access via a smart phone or tablet
  • Easy integration with the Full Time system
  • Quick and easy method of ensuring player information is kept up to date

There are a number of advantages to this system - I personally believe it to be a step in the right direction.

There are a number of things that clubs can start doing NOW in order to make the transition easier for next season - if you want to know what these are, please get your Club Secretary to get in contact with me.

To ease the transition over to Whole Game, the Football Association’s Whole Game/Registrations lead, Ash Slaughter is visiting Cornwall on the 19th and 20th April. The Trelawny League will be hosting a meeting on the 19th April at 7pm at Holmans Sports Club, Camborne. This meeting will give Ash the opportunity to take the club representatives through the new system and get them adequately trained. Member Clubs have been emailed to inform them of this.

I am well aware that there is an SGM being held at Holmans on the same evening for the Combination League member clubs. Unfortunately, the 19th Of April was the only date that we could get Ash down to brief the clubs.

For all clubs in the Trelawny League that have teams in the Combination League, I fully understand that you will not be able to attend our session, many of you have already contacted me. Therefore, I will be arranging a second meeting at a later date so that I can talk you all through the process. 

For more information on the process or if you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.

Dave Bartlam

Registratiom Secretary, Trelawny League

tlregsec@outlook.com