Cornwall Football Forum

Are you who we think you are?

For those in the know, we have been trying to find as many goal scorers as we can for the Combo League (League, League Cup and Supp Cup matches). We exclued Evely Cup and Senior Cup goals as well as those scored in pre-season friendlies. Thanks to help from Dave Deacon and another good friend we have got all that we can find from 1959-2003 and 2008 onwards. So we are missing those few seasons in the middle, but will be doing them in the next few weeks. So far we have put all the scorers from 59-03 into individual club lists. We have now started adding 96-03 on individual players lists to go with the goals they have scored in previous seasons and any from 08 onwards. Again we will find and add in the missing seasons. We have only just started doing this and as of Friday evening (13/10) have done all players with surnames starting with A and B. Tomorrow we start on C and so on. My point of this post is we are now seeing players who are starting to "Join-up". In other words, their careers started in the 90's or early '00s and their goals are starting to be added into the 08-17 totals. We are assuming player "A Bloggs who scored in 1998-99 is the same player A Bloggs who scorers in 2012-13, etc". We might be wrong, so we are asking players to start checking we have your full career in the Combo. We won't have all the goals scored by you as we can only go by what was published in the newspapers. If your records are better than ours for the seasons we have done so far please tell us. If there are two A Bloggs please tell us. As I say only A and B's done at the moment but what we have done can be found on the page below.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/anylettergoals.html

26 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

For those in the know, we have been trying to find as many goal scorers as we can for the Combo League (League, League Cup and Supp Cup matches). We exclued Evely Cup and Senior Cup goals as well as those scored in pre-season friendlies. Thanks to help from Dave Deacon and another good friend we have got all that we can find from 1959-2003 and 2008 onwards. So we are missing those few seasons in the middle, but will be doing them in the next few weeks. So far we have put all the scorers from 59-03 into individual club lists. We have now started adding 96-03 on individual players lists to go with the goals they have scored in previous seasons and any from 08 onwards. Again we will find and add in the missing seasons. We have only just started doing this and as of Friday evening (13/10) have done all players with surnames starting with A and B. Tomorrow we start on C and so on. My point of this post is we are now seeing players who are starting to "Join-up". In other words, their careers started in the 90's or early '00s and their goals are starting to be added into the 08-17 totals. We are assuming player "A Bloggs who scored in 1998-99 is the same player A Bloggs who scorers in 2012-13, etc". We might be wrong, so we are asking players to start checking we have your full career in the Combo. We won't have all the goals scored by you as we can only go by what was published in the newspapers. If your records are better than ours for the seasons we have done so far please tell us. If there are two A Bloggs please tell us. As I say only A and B's done at the moment but what we have done can be found on the page below.

Sad your not doing Evenly cup, I scored twice in semifinal in mid 1960'si in Liskeard 8 -2 win over Camelford. Sadly didn't play in final where I think a number of first team players were drafted in.

18 hours ago, Fanfare said:

There were two Evely Cups in the past. One was the official ECPL Cup and the one where ECPL cup winners play CCL cup winners.

23 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Sad your not doing Evenly cup, I scored twice in semifinal in mid 1960'si in Liskeard 8 -2 win over Camelford. Sadly didn't play in final where I think a number of first team players were drafted in.

Evenly cup link starts in 1965, my goals must have been the season before still so long ago I only remember because I have reports in my scrap book I was only 15 at the time lol