Cornwall Football Forum

Hayle 1st team result

Hayle 1st team put in a decent performance tonight against Camborne Park. A one sided game with hayle running out 3-0 winners. A good spirited game, except a few Camborne players trying in a pre season game to take a few hayle lads out. "Late tackles due to lack of match practice" no doubt will be the response. Hayle keeper had one save to make all night, other then that, tried to dodge the downpour that came in the 2nd half. All in all, a very decent hayle performance and promising signs.

bit of shaded report tbh, one it was 2-0! both goals scored in first half , secondly forgot the two 1 on 1 saves your keeper made and thought 1st half hayle dominated moving ball well and billy foster and ben hocking were constant threat throughout, however second half game evened up both teams having chances.

as weather worsened there was some more mistimed tackles put in, but also remember hayle full back putting one in so not saying you was not overall better side and didnt deserve win , you did but report above no where near correct

not least scoreline

Mistimed? Haha don't make me laugh stoke fan, if they were "mistimed" then they were blatantly mistimed.

As for the two one on ones... There was one in the 2nd half.. And the ball trickled to the keeper in the 1st half (hardly a save as he had time to take a swig of his water while he waited for it to come to him)

2nd half was more even. Agreed, but hayle still dominated, and were comfortable winners, even though the score line was only 2-0 ( typo from 1st message - apologies)

Like I said good spirited game and good luck to Camborne for this coming season..

Oh and stoke fan... After reading a few of your posts recently, mainly about ur secret love for marizion... I was expecting to see something special...... Still waiting.

i thought park had some good players especialy the young left winger who has a lot of potential to play at a higher level and the keeper made three great saves in the 1st half well played guys and yes there were some rugged tackles at times but must agree that was probable down to preseason rustiness and in the second half the conditions were more like mid winter overall a good preseason workout for both teams and well reffed by paul windle as normal good luck park with your new season promotion and you will shake up a lot of sides with your passing game and also the phsyical side of the game which is also needed at any level of football so thanks for making the trip down and enjoy next season ,thought our young players passed the ball well for their 1st game together and there is a lot of promise for the future and on the whole did not look out of place and with the tough tackles thought they held their own .so plenty for alex and the boys to be pleased with,

Mistimed? Haha don't make me laugh stoke fan, if they were "mistimed" then they were blatantly mistimed.

As for the two one on ones... There was one in the 2nd half.. And the ball trickled to the keeper in the 1st half (hardly a save as he had time to take a swig of his water while he waited for it to come to him)

2nd half was more even. Agreed, but hayle still dominated, and were comfortable winners, even though the score line was only 2-0 ( typo from 1st message - apologies)

Like I said good spirited game and good luck to Camborne for this coming season..

Oh and stoke fan... After reading a few of your posts recently, mainly about ur secret love for marizion... I was expecting to see something special...... Still waiting.

they were a bit mistimed, no malice in them at all tbh, and there was two like i said two half decent saves no doubt.

and i would agree over 90 hayle were better side but 2nd half thought game as even and went end to end difference overall the whole game hayle were more clinical! very decent young bunch of lads who will turn heads over coming season i am sure....

oh and my so called love for marazion, is not for this post however what i post in this forum about any club is my opinion, and i will keep saying my opinion and nothing on here i say i wouldnt say to anyones face!

and most on here know my name scott lake and i am sure if anyone from marazion or any other club i seem to affend sure they,ll see me over the season and can have chat about it....

good luck to hayle for rest of season

Overall i was glad with teams performance always possability of a bannanaskin playing team in lower league especially with all thats happened recently and the very young team we having to field but the guys responded well tried to play good football and i think we did especially first half going in at 2-0 could have been more if we took chances .

Second half was bit diff and park caused us couple problems Scott in goal for us had more to do first half down to our own errors which we will sort out training ect, weather turned bad and yeah there were a few poor tackles !Sorry to Paul ref for comming on pitch after one particular tackle bit protective youngsters first freindly !no excuse! Park can be physical but good bunch lads so thanks for game and good luck rest season Will be tough season ahead but we will use our young players give them experience and hope we can jell into a team and be competitive. There been clubs like Ludgvan and Pendeen gone through similar situations to us and are back up there no reason we cant do same.

Was a good game to be involved in

We were lucky really to go into the break 2-0 down but credit to the lads we matched Hayle for large parts of the second half and tbh shoulda been on score sheet

Sorry to hear all the going ons at Hayle pre season but good to see the club and players rallying together to keep it going and im sure will do ok for the forthcoming season

• 2 weeks later...

forgive the naivety but what has happened to the players from hayles swpl first team? have the whole team dispersed?

was just curious, as to how the now first team in combo are for players....have they been bolstered with loyal hayle players.

diggy yes we lost the complete team ,manager ass manager as well so we have to rely on young local players and one or two older heads from last years combo team in a pre season game last week was told average age was 19 ,most of the players have come through from the youth section and for many this season will be their 1st full season in senior football also the seconds and 3rds will be very young sides as well so hopefully we can build for the future and hold our own in the leagues we play in , and maybe in the future we can again compete in the swpl again so if anyone wants to come and have a look at the new combo team our 1st home game of the season is on 17th august ,all welcolme and the club is still open to players to try out for all teams as we look to progress this next season ,

thanks stevieb, im sure it was a bigger decision to fold the firsts than most may think.

wish you all the best this season.

thanks for your support ,and yes was a very big decision to pull out the swpl team as a lot of people behind the club had put a lot of work into getting the club into this league and sustaining it as well that includes ex managers and some people who have left the club as well,it was a major talking point over many meetings and phone calls and everone tried their best to have a happy outcome,but alas it could not saved,so we hope we can regroup over the next season and build for the future

I hope you can and wish alex all the best for the season ahead

thanks kash and good luck for the new season yourself where are you playing this season? thanks for your help last season and you are welcolme back to hayle any time

Playing back at fourlanes, good bunch of lads and local to me! No problem helping out last season but felt I am better than how I performed on occasion, gona get a few seasons of just keeping under my belt and could be back down the A30, thanks for the hospitality and support last season, made me feel really welcome and would advise anyone to give hayle a go, all the best steve and co.