Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The General

Banned for Assault on Ref and now plays for Penzance?

We all have fall outs with the opposition during a match, or feel hard done by, by the referee or lino, and its not unusual for even a quiet chap like me to lose the plot for a few seconds,

but anyone who feels the need to attack an official deserves at least a ten year ban or even longer in my opinion. Especially involving a mining league legend and true gent like Lenny Stevens. We all know how desperate we are for referee's at grass roots level, so it makes it even more important to protect them.

If the rules allow an appeal after five years - and the player is successful - then he can play.

I personally don't agree with it, but thats the way it is at present. This is an amateur game and no place for assault of any kind, wether it be against a player or particularly an official.

Raise your hands and off you go with the resultant ban. Simple solution - change the rules, assault against an official - life ban - no appeal.

so what would of been the out come if this player -who iv never met or heard of b4-hit the ref as stated n then got a kicking off the ref ???

also is the ref still reffing or did he jack it in?

Lenny has still been reffing up until recently even though he's not been well. He also has the respect and full backing of all his colleagues at the west penwith branch of the RA.

My name is Adam George and I play football for Pendeen Rovers Football Club. I would like to apologise for a previous post on this forum. At first it was an attempt to wind up the '2nd number 9', Jordan, an ex-team mate and supposed friend. Clearly this has backfired spectacularly leaving myself and close friends and family deeply embarassed. If I may address some of the issues this ill thought out post has caused.

1. I have no knowledge of the person that this thread is about, therefore I have absolutely no cause to put forward an opinion, let alone use the word 'thug'.

2. I am not, nor ever have been involved in the running (managerial, coaching or administrative) of any sporting organisation. Therefore I am in no position to pass comment on their recruitment policies in these tough times.

3. Yes, I totally agree with Jordan Anderson, Penzance are struggling and after being asked by John Dent and Bryn Wheeler to return to the club, I did so. Unfortunately my form at the time was not very good and I (apart from being another number) was in no way assissting their plight. I asked Pendeen if I could return and spent several weeks on the bench attempting to regain my place.

If I may conclude by again sincerely apologising to anybody that my post may have caused offence to, predominantly all of the hard working people at Penzance FC, particuarly John Mead.

Regards, Adam George.

P.S. If i could ask Richard or another administrator to delete this account please.

Cornwall is a parochial place and the result is corrupt nepotism. Penzance are excellently connected in the game's administration and media. The slipshod CCFA decision taken in relation to this player would have been utterly different had he remained with Halsetown or Sennen, in which case the five year ban would have remained in force.

While no referee should be assaulted, what happened to Len Stevens causes particular outrage, as he is universally popular with players and supporters. Moreover, he is not a brandisher of foolish cards to boost CCFA coffers, nor a careerist desperate to curry favour with the establishment in hope of appointments to cup finals or minor promotions. No surprise, then, that the CCFA allows Penzance FC to treat a good man, who has served the game well, with contemptuous disregard.

Both bad apples belong in the same rotten barrel.

Rodney,you've excelled yourself AGAIN. Your complete and utter hatred for anything connected to Penzance AFC unfortunately knows no bounds.

If you read the earlier posts on this subject you will realise that his ban was overturned while he was still signed for Halsetown. Penzance AFC have not treated anyone with disregard,contemptuous or otherwise. The club have the utmost admiration for Lenny Stevens,a true gent,and wish him a full and speedy recovery (I'm sure you dragging this up does not help). As many people have said,Leigh has served his ban,the appeal was succesful,end of.

The fact that The Cornishman newspaper printed the story on its back page a couple of weeks ago was also totally out of order. It was reported virtually word-for-word from this forum and no attempt was made to interview anyone. It was the shoddiest piece of tabloid journalism that I've ever read from that paper.

Again,best wishes to Lenny and I hope we can all move on.

Joe, if your slipshod club matched your bumptious rhetoric it would politely show the door to such an individual instead of taking advantage of CCFA shortcomings. As a keen student of years of "Cornishman" pro-Magpie coverage bias, I can see that your historical perspective is limited to ad hoc ejaculations of spleen.

How shameful that Lenny could be forced to encounter his attacker on a local pitch so soon, as a result of Penzance's actions. We should simply hope, as he is an excellent and experienced senior referee, that his encounters with your junior club my be mercifully limited.

How many co-opted ex officio people have you got on the CCFA ? Slipshod indeed. :c: .

Well done ads, We have all made mistakes and said things we don't mean. takes a man to apologise .PZ are a great club,and I'm sure when ur ready to return ,they will welcome you.

Its a shame the lad Murray hasn't the nuts to apologise.