Cornwall Football Forum

Banned for Assault on Ref and now plays for Penzance?

Rodney,you've excelled yourself AGAIN. Your complete and utter hatred for anything connected to Penzance AFC unfortunately knows no bounds.

If you read the earlier posts on this subject you will realise that his ban was overturned while he was still signed for Halsetown. Penzance AFC have not treated anyone with disregard,contemptuous or otherwise. The club have the utmost admiration for Lenny Stevens,a true gent,and wish him a full and speedy recovery (I'm sure you dragging this up does not help). As many people have said,Leigh has served his ban,the appeal was succesful,end of.

The fact that The Cornishman newspaper printed the story on its back page a couple of weeks ago was also totally out of order. It was reported virtually word-for-word from this forum and no attempt was made to interview anyone. It was the shoddiest piece of tabloid journalism that I've ever read from that paper.

Again,best wishes to Lenny and I hope we can all move on.

Joe, if your slipshod club matched your bumptious rhetoric it would politely show the door to such an individual instead of taking advantage of CCFA shortcomings. As a keen student of years of "Cornishman" pro-Magpie coverage bias, I can see that your historical perspective is limited to ad hoc ejaculations of spleen.

How shameful that Lenny could be forced to encounter his attacker on a local pitch so soon, as a result of Penzance's actions. We should simply hope, as he is an excellent and experienced senior referee, that his encounters with your junior club my be mercifully limited.

How many co-opted ex officio people have you got on the CCFA ? Slipshod indeed. :c: .

• 2 weeks later...