Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey - still the biggest team in Cornwall?

I've had to laugh reading some of the posts on this forum over the last few days. Some are treating our recent result as the biggest shock in the history of Cornish football. The truth of the matter is we always knew it would be difficult against a side with some quality players (some would be at home in SWPL West) on a surface we are unfamiliar with for competitive football. Call us sore losers if you like; I've actually been impressed with the number of Blazey fans/followers who have been on this forum and admitted we were second best and Boro deserved their place in the next round, fair and square (this was also the general consensus on the day up at Saltash). So where this hardcore of sore losers is to be found, I'm not sure.

But that's not my point.

My point is the sheer amount of interest that each and every St Blazey result (win or lose) creates on this forum. Each match produces multiple postings, thousands of views, and in the event of our result loss against Boro, several threads. Clearly the Blazey bashers who were turning purple with jealousy while we were at the top are now out in force. But the massive amount of interest generated (both positive and negative) on this forum has taken me by surprise. I don't have the stats, but I would suggest we are still the most talked about club on this forum.

We may not have the best side anymore, but judging by the amount of interest in the club, I would argue we are still one of the biggest clubs in Cornwall.

Guest Peppermint

I agree with Lafs - Dan Blazey simply stated that St Blazey are still ONE of the biggest clubs in the County - that is indisputable. Perhaps he should have added one of the most successful over the last ten years!!! That statement would certainly have been true!!!!

"The Big Number 9", I dont remember anybody stating that St Blazey actually are or were the biggest "team" in Cornwall.

Surely we would have to get out the tape measure for that anyway!! :P

Lafs,

It was you who when posting on the ST STEPHENS 3 St Blazey 2 thread mentioned

that St Blazey were Cornwall's Premier Team, every club have their moments let

ST STEPHENS BOROUGH have theirs.

Well and truly stuffed for christmas.